Chat and Games bar?

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Chat and Games bar?

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Well, i heard this odd "quiet bark" bloop noise and wondered what it could be, saw that my Subeta tab was flashing "New Message." So...looks like they've just rolled out a new IM chat feature, which shows up at the bottom of the Subeta window. I saw a little thing at the bottom - new bar! - with a little red number beside Foghawk's name - she sent me a message. Instant messaging! So Foghawk beat me to noticing it, which might have taken me a while if i hadn't hunted for the source of the notification. There's also a chatroom listing.

I haven't tried the games (in-chat ones or the solitaire set, looks like a huge lot, probably offsite plugins), but it looks like they've implemented a lot of fun features with this.

There's a handy "scroll to the top" button.

And the bar has chat options ("settings" cog) and a hide option.

Cool, hopefully this won't be too befuddling for people, annoying, or buggy.

And, as Foghawk pointed out to me, there may be some urky things...since the plugins are apparently from an offsite thing. I hope it's not problematic (bug-wise or "feature"-wise), and hopefully if it's a sponsor-revenue garnering thing for Subeta it won't be riddled with malicious things.

And i'm not sure if it's the "usual Subeta," the Lumineve traffic, or this new thing, but Subeta is running awfully slow for me tonight.

I figured this deserved its own topic.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Chat and Games bar?

Post by Jessi »

Fjorab, they've been testing this off and on for a bit, so I'm not 100% sure it'll stay up this time - it comes and goes in waves for a few hours xD I think it'll be a handy feature, personally, so I hope they get it just right soon! I doubt the chat bar is causing the lag though - Subeta's been like this for the past 24-48 hours, making the end of my Luminaire shopping very difficult, grump.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

That's odd, nothing has changed for me. The speed of the site is decent and no random thing at the bottom...then again, I'm not a gold account member.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I saw this feature yesterday I think? I don't have a GA, either. But it looks like it's gone again. I don't see myself using this much, but I can see how it'd be helpful for other people.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yep, mine has disappeared as well. Hm, wonder if they'll implement this at some point permanently. And i wonder if having a GA made us more likely to see it when it was on, since i had just claimed some GA time for my loyalty reward.