Love Epidemic 2012

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Re: Love Epidemic 2012

Post by Marah »

I don't think there is an actual cure yet, just the fake one that gives you an achievement?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

"He awards you with an achievement"--uh... thanks for breaking the fourth wall for me? Or are achievements somehow... roleplay things?
Image Image
Runic

Post by Runic »

Pretty much saw the rushed conclusion coming. It seems that it's gonna end this week or at least by next week.
Now I'm reminded as to why I don't do plots...

But I just want the site back w/o the broken links, shops and dailies. =/
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Marah wrote:Okay I'm going to repeat this question: is anybody else incapable of properly loading subeta in firefox or is it just me? It works better and better in internet explorer but if I try to switch back to firefox (where all my links are and which should work better with subeta) I just get a weird page, like this:

http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l409 ... tled-1.jpg

And it goes on and on and on.

Also I have my last 10 fish and I can't get Skitters to take them. bleh.
I get a page like that on occasion, but for the most part the site's working fine for me, and I'm using FF 10.0.2.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Is anyone else entirely offended by this whole z-word plot-point? How some people can use it and some people can't? Why the hell did someone think that would be a fun real-life thing to reproduce? It's an extremely charged issue (not zombie, obviously, but other hateful words). Every time it comes up on the site, I cringe. What a moronic decision it was to mimic such a thing on a virtual pet site. It's been bad from the start, but Fantine's dialogue today was horrific.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

I've still only managed to get 2 fish - I swear every time I've tried to log in this weekend/monday the site was down... It's so frustrating!

EDIT: And the site's just got down again!! I'm beginning to think it's me!
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

No, I'm still getting it, too. :( I'd just caught my 20th fish when it went down again (yay for having computers at school).
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I'm with Slugawoo, I don't think it's quite over with yet. I hope anyway.

Marah, I haven't gotten that screen yet. The site won't load for me half the time anyway, but haven't seen anything like that. Did you install a new add-on or maybe change your Subeta CustomCSS that might cause this?
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Marah

Post by Marah »

Did you install a new add-on or maybe change your Subeta CustomCSS that might cause this?
I installed adblock. That's the only thing. I'll see what happens when I turn it off. Thanks for the answers, I'm going to see if I can fix it from my end!
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Marah, my laptop is doing that in Firefox, but it's working fine in Chrome; on my desktop, Firefox works just fine. I don't know if it has something to do with the cache or what not, but maybe try clearing all your cache and cookies? I haven't gotten it working on my laptop yet in FF but honestly, I haven't tried much either xD

Those of you saying the plot wrapped up in a horrible way... fake cures get released by Dr. Lockheart every single year with humorous results. I think you're jumping the gun a bit here.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I already acknowledged that I'd jumped the gun-there's no need to point it out again. Despite that, I stand by my annoyance over the inconsistent plot development. It doesn't make sense to me that Fantine has gone full zombie now, without further Skitters communication. Isn't that a giant plot element? Now she's settled into a zombie bake shop, and we're still not-so-cheerfully toiling away in the fishing hole for Skitters. I feel like we've skipped something. I guess part of the stall right now is due to the site downtime, which put everyone behind a couple of days and made the plot drag out even more than usual. Maybe some day, Subeta plots will actually figure out proper pacing.
Marah

Post by Marah »

Jessi, I allready tried clearing my cache earlier and didn't help. However disabling adblock has done the trick. Subeta works in firefox again (which is nice, because allthough it worked in internet explorer, it never works well in internet explorer, half the links and dropdowns are always missing.)

So maybe that works for you too?
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Well, Skitters is still not taking my second batch of fish. So I don't know if he thinks I'm already finished or what.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

The "big rally" that was going to be held by Ecks never happened . . .
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

New plot step: Obtain some items for Skitters/Ecks. The same items for everyone on the site.

So now the necessary items are all inflated to ridiculous prices annnd... who exactly thought this was a good idea? The site is slow as molasses in winter as is and I'm sure 1000+ users attempting to restock the those items isn't helping.