Love Epidemic 2012

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: Love Epidemic 2012

Post by Wingsrising »

Dear Subeta: I have actual work I need to do today. Thus I'm not sitting and refreshing for protracted periods of time. K Thx. Bye.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I found that the couple hours it took me went by much faster when I opened something to watch in Netflix and just leaned on F5, periodically checking my inventory. It's nice that this "game" is much better to play when you don't play it.
Image Image
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Now that I'm home from work and able to try this out, it's even more obnoxious. I got the first item somewhat quickly, which made me think that maybe this wouldn't be such a bad process after all. But now, searching for the second set of items is going like this:

Page refresh. Nothing.
Page refresh. Endless loading time. Error screen.
Wait a while. Try the Sacred Lands link again. Error.
Wait a while. Try the Sacred Lands link again. Error.
Wait a while. Try the Sacred Lands link again. It loads!
Page refresh. Nothing.
Page refresh. Error.

It's baffling that despite the downtime and constant error messages, they chose to forge ahead with the most refresh-intensive part of the plot thus far. Just...make us get the item as soon as we go to that link or something. Sure, it's boring, but at least it wouldn't make me want to rip out my hair.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Interesting.. If you refresh the shop long enough, it seems there's a chance you'll "find" one of the items, as I just did with the volcanic ash. I guess that's what Skitters meant by getting the item by unlawful means. :P
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

So is the shop search broken for anyone other than me?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

It works for me. Standard set of questions follows--in all browsers? on multiple computers? any new plug-ins? uhh.. something something default search provider I don't know...? I imagine if you set subeta to be one of the search engines on firefox or something, maybe it'd get messed up somehow... okay, no clue really.
Image Image
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Are you using the search plugin (like Ty said, making Subeta's search one of the options in your browser)? You'll need to update the link for that if so, because Subeta recently changed its search. When I was using my search shortcut, I kept getting sent to a gallery display instead of finding items for sale.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Yeah, what bon said - if you used the Firefox plugin to add it, it got jacked up at some point. If you search through that and it's searching galleries, just hit 'search' again because it defaults to shops at that point (I know this because I keep forgetting to change my plug in on this computer xD) Other than that the shop search seems to be working okay for me.

I've been doing the refresh-to-get-the-item thing and it isn't so bad. It hasn't taken me that long to get the Atebus items at least.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

You can refresh in shops that you don't need to be at yet and still get the random events from them. Might make it a bit easier. :)
Subeta: Thomas
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I finally got the obsidian (I bought it Skitters, legally!)

Now I need the ash and death caps. If I refresh too enthousiastically subeta breaks (for me). This is not fun. I reallly want a nice puzzle or something.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I read through the Saheric plot thread from last year and got all nostalgic. Sure, there was downtime and there were problems like prizes not having images, but goddamn, the stuff you were waiting to do was fun. This plot is not fun. I am just dreading the next step instead of waiting eagerly for it.
Image Image
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I honestly cannot think of a plot step that could be more boring and frustrating than this one, so I have hope that it can't possibly get any worse, at least.

I'm very thankful that Chrome allows me to open 93248579 tabs at once without crashing, so refreshing for items isn't as awful as it could be.

But it's still stupid.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Yep, I do use the plug-in. I'll check it out and see if that fixes the problem. Thanks!

Can you still get the items by refreshing after you finish the plot step? Because if not, I'm sorry I didn't refresh longer and get a few extra things to sell off. :-)
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

I think they must have increased the chances of finding the items via RE, because after the frustration yesterday, I calmed down and tried again today. Was able to get most of the items in under an hour. (Still think this particular step was stupid, though.) I actually managed to restock the Volcanic Ash and Bottled Moon Rock, somehow. As for the Dream Gem, I hope it can be found via RE too. I didn't have a spare in my vault like I thought and the Coda Caves are closed, so I wound up having to pull the only one I had from a pet's treasure chest. :c Least it can be easily replaced in a month or so, so it's not a big deal.

Anyway, I got two extra Radioactive Snowballs from refreshing, so if anyone needs one, by all means contact me and I'll send it your way.

ETA: Got a replacement Dream Gem, thank you Marah! =D
Last edited by Rakumel on 10 Mar 2012 02:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Rakumel, if you haven't already gotten a half dozen dream gems from various NCers, let me know; I have 30.
Image Image