Love Epidemic 2012

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Re: Love Epidemic 2012

Post by Marah »

You people make me battle depressed, My best pet is level 136 and has stats around the 333's. Apparently I'm not even near decent stats! (Also my battleset is probably laughable, but I really suck at saving SP so won't be buying a better one anytime soon :)

Also if I have done this right I offer up two more kissing links:
http://subeta.net/kiss.php?user=160932 (Alicorn)
http://subeta.net/kiss.php?user=189836 (Steph)

So that if they come back to subeta they will have a collection of virtual NC kisses in their event bar. (Virtual NC kisses are the best!)
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

I managed to beat Nacho Muerte once, when my Reborn Icewand got an additional freeze on him. I don't think I can beat him four more times for the special item though. I hope there are more battle challengers (and it would be great if Pylot could return!)
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

Interesting development - you have to pick between supporting Skitters and Ecks. I've had a look at the forum and nearly everyone seems to be picking skitters (he's been around ages, and really how much do any of us know about Ecks?).

But hey, who to pick?
Marah

Post by Marah »

I picked skitters because I don't feel like forcing a disease on anyone is a good idea. Also I don't think the cure got ever forced on anyone since on subeta you had to collect candy hearts to make and drink your own cure....

The last war I was on the boardgame team and that team had not so much participants but that also ment we had less non participating members and so we won. I'm guessing this will mean that Ecks has a good chance of being the winning team this time around, but I still wanted to pick skitters :)

Also skitters didn't turn Fantine into a gooey pink mess. (You can't call that a zombie, she looks more like an inside-out, slightly rotting cupcake.)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I picked Ecks, mainly since I don't really care about either character too much so it doesn't matter who wins to me. Interesting development if Subeta can make the outcome have some sort of ramifications but I'm not holding too high hopes there. But *Fingers crossed*
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Maybe I'm betraying my zombie brethren, but I went with Skitters because Ecks sounds bleeding insane to me. I emphasize with where she's coming from but forcing a virus on the non-zombie population is just... no.
Marah wrote:Also I don't think the cure got ever forced on anyone since on subeta you had to collect candy hearts to make and drink your own cure....
Also this. Once Ecks mentioned that cures were forced on zombies I knew I was siding with Skitters, because my HA is existing proof that she's talking out of some rotting orifice on her person.

On an unrelated note, Skitters' new art actually startled me when it loaded up. It's nice art, but oh god that face.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I really wanted to go with Ecks, but it's just so clearly insane. Who the hell has been forced to take a cure? Nameless npcs we've never even seen? She's the only one I've heard this forced-cure thing from and I've never seen the evidence. I do think Subeta needs more zombies, because I love us, but I know not everyone feels that way. ;)
Image Image
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Ecks' argument makes no sense to me. If you don't want to be a zombie, don't wear a cardboard mask in the graveyard. If you don't want to be human, don't crush a bunch of candy hearts into a potion and drink it. What is the problem here, exactly? If they made it more of a civil rights issue, like if they said zombies are mistreated and disrespected or legally second-class or something, I guess that would be more legit. As it stands, it seems like Ecks' side of the debate is trying to create a problem that doesn't exist.

That said, I joined Ecks because Skitters' revamp is just awful and I can't bear to look at him anymore. I love his old art, he looked so smarmy. I'm also very irritated that the obligatory emo-flop hair has made the jump from pets to NPCs. And I absolutely hate worms, so blehgrghrhgfffff enough of him. Adblocked, and forgotten.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Marah

Post by Marah »

Oh dear god I didn't even see the new Skitters art till now. That is not a nice NPC and I hate, hate, hate leeches. Ierosbats, how do I block that?

And I get the starcrossed lovers it-doesn't-matter-how-you-look-on-the-outside storyline, but this is pushing it. Fantine, eeeewww.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

There are a few varieties of adblocking plugins, and generally you right-click on an image and tell your adblock to block this "ad"--I use it to block Jim the gym guy and Carl the big ugly feet ugh gross guy. In Chrome, you install an adblock extension (the one I use is AdBlock itself). Similar process for Firefox.
Image Image
Marah

Post by Marah »

Excellent, thanks Ty. I completely missed the right click function. I'm sorry Skitters, but goodbye!
Runic

Post by Runic »

I really dislike how slow and unresponsive Subeta gets when plot steps are released and then everyone's online trying to do them.
I can't get other stuff done on there.
I hope in the future this lag issue will be resolved with more server space or somethin'. I understand the economy is shit still and that it can be costly to move the database to new servers.

Maybe it'd be better to release the new steps early in the morning or mid-day, so that the site isn't overwhelmed with 1400 users at once.
It might be a better plan of action to combat the site's heavy trafficking hours, which seems to be at the end of the work day.
Considering this plot has pretty basic steps and there aren't achievements for the First 100 users! or whatever it was.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

A few days ago, I saw someone on the site extolling how wondrously amazing it was that there's a plot going on and other than a couple minor downtimes, the site hasn't been laggy at all, isn't that impressive! And I just shook my head. Yeah, there's a plot... where every step can be completed in about ten minutes. Now that there's actually something to do, it feels like the old subeta we know and slog through. I expect this lag will peter out before too long, because even though there's something to do, it doesn't really involve a whole lot of effort.... Time, yes. Effort, not in the slightest.
Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

So, let me get this straight:

There's a new fishing area with at least 10 separate "clickable" areas.
Each area can yield one of at least a dozen new items. Randomly (afaik).
There's a wait time between clicks.
And you want me to find ten of a specific fish before I can move on?

*headdesk* This is going to be a long day.
Marah

Post by Marah »

I agree with everything Officer and still:
FISH! Pretty fish! for Seagrass his treasure! So happy!

On that note, I'm giving up for tonight because subeta hasn't worked for me in firefox for the entire day and now ie won't load it either. Maybe eurotime will work better for me. Goodnight!