Love Epidemic 2012

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Runic

Re: Love Epidemic 2012

Post by Runic »

Thanks for the tip! I'll be clicking there now. =)
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I've been clicking in Area 7 (just to the left of the waterfall) and I've found six of those blasted fish so far. So FWIW that does seem like a decent area to try.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I just handed 10 Splittifish and got both achievements. Whoop. Except now I'm not really sure what I'm up to - whenever I try and turn fish in again the page just loops and nothing really seems to be happening. So erm, yeah. Just gonna fish a bit more and twiddle my thumbs I guess.
Subeta: Thomas
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

While he is must less eloquent when not writing, you get the point.
I know Subeta refuses to hire a writer, but at the very least, they could use a proofreader.
Runic

Post by Runic »

At least they increased the chances of getting them Splittifish.
I've got 4 more to go, and then I'd better be done. I swear, I'm gonna murder Ecks in her sleep when this is all over. xD
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

ASDFGHJKL- I'm done! *collapse*

I also managed to get the second fishing achievement/title when I turned in my final fish, though I have no idea what triggered it.
Runic

Post by Runic »

I can't understand why people are complaining in the comments of the news post that raised the chances of getting the required fish.
If it had been left the way it was originally, there's no way I would have completed the step. Just cause some people were able to get the fish, doesn't mean everyone else was as fortunate. =(
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Now that Subeta seems to be finally up and running again, I'm trying to catch some fish and hoard some candy hearts while I'm at it. But I'm playing other games and doing other things in between the wait times. This seems inherently wrong somehow, that I'm having to entertain myself when I'm already supposed to be playing a game. XD Then again, maybe I'm the problem, maybe I just have the attention span of a goldfish.

Doubt that anyone still needs kisses at this point, but if they do, I guess this is my link? http://subeta.net/kiss.php?user=252009
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Okay, is anybody else incapable of properly loading subeta in firefox or is it just me and should I look for some solutions? I have been playing in ie for a few days, but half of the links don't work in there and it makes things like games and questing impossible.
It is just reallly frustrating.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Looks the site is still down...I don't know how many of the fish Ive collected so far either. Argh. I reallly hope they extend this through Monday..
Image Image
ImageImage
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

According to the Subeta twitter (which seems to be primarily used for apologizing for downtime) the fishing is being extended by a day. I don't really get what that means, though... Is the fishing hole going to close at some point? None of the other steps have been time sensitive, have they? You could start the plot today and still do everything? Maybe it just means it will be one extra day before the next step comes out, but that seems unnecessary. A lot of people have finished, and given the "complexity" of the steps released so far, I don't think those who still need a few fish will have any trouble catching up.

I get that this kind of problem is frustrating for the users AND the staff, but I'm really sick of the obnoxious messages on the site-is-down page. If the site has been yoyoing for three days, the last thing I want to see when I take time to check if the site is back up is ":D" and nothing else. Saw that yesterday. Not exactly reassuring. It's not cute or funny that the site is down, it's annoying, and a goofy emotiface doesn't come across as terribly sympathetic.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I haven't even been able to go fishing that much--just several times a day over the weekend--but of course, today is the day I have all the free time I want, and today is the day the site is down. So yeah, if this is time limited, I seriously need an extension. I think I have 6 fish.
Image Image
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I also find the :D face for the "site is down" page obnoxious. Not only that, but whoever handles the Subeta twitter account is being snarky with people who have complaints about the constant downtime. I'm always startled by how unprofessional Keith & Subeta can be. (The recent NC attack and Miguel's informative, helpful posts stand in particularly sharp contrast.)

Honestly, I don't really care what the excuse for the downtime is this time around. There's always something, and it's annoying of them to pretend like constant site lag/breakage doesn't happen Every Single Time we have a big plot going on. I guess I'm just getting more and more frustrated with Subeta in general, and find fewer reasons to play anymore. I've been trying to keep up with this plot, but with the boring steps, ridiculous plot lines (others have already pointed out how illogical of an argument Ecks is using), and broken pieces (Skitters not accepting fish properly, and Keith claiming in the bugs forum that things are working as expected), I spend most of my time on the site just feeling frustrated about how I'm wasting time. The art is great for the most part, and the plots tend to have promise...but as soon as the plot starts fizzling and the site starts breaking, I'm surprised by the fact that I'm still surprised. I stopped spending money on the site months ago, and I'm glad about that, although I regret spending as much as I have done in the past.

In short, this plot has been a giant disappointment for me, and hasn't done much to rekindle my interest or trust in Subeta.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Site is still not up.. Does this mean they'll still extend the fishing to ALL of Monday?
Image Image
ImageImage
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Site is up and working well for now... touch wood. I was selling extra Splittifish for profit, but they're not worth much now, so if anyone wants some feel free to ask!