Love Epidemic 2012

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Love Epidemic 2012

Post by AngharadTy »

I can't get the forums to load (or the fishing hole, most of the time, but... details), so does anyone know what area I should be clicking in to get 10 of the required fish?
Image Image
Runic

Post by Runic »

It's all randomized, so it doesn't matter which spot you click.
Been at this forever and still haven't caught a dang fish. This is the most annoying step by far. D:
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I wish the type of fish you need to find was randomized instead of set at the same species for everyone on the site. At least if different people were assigned different fish, there could be a potential for trading and the fish wouldn't be so devalued.
Runic

Post by Runic »

Officer 1BDI wrote:I wish the type of fish you need to find was randomized instead of set at the same species for everyone on the site. At least if different people were assigned different fish, there could be a potential for trading and the fish wouldn't be so devalued.
Agreed. Kinda would give a more personalized feel. :c
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Yeah, I can't get subeta to load at all right now. Before it went down, I managed to snag one of the fishes that we need (I think that's what it was anyway), and a couple other cutie pie fishes. I'll just try again, later. Thankfully, the wait times didn't seem to be very long.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Actually, according to Facebook, this downtime is from a DDoS, not from plot lag or anything else =/ I'll post more if more goes on FB for those of you that don't check it out!
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

D:

Well, the site's back up for me now and it's running smooth as butter (*knocks on wood*), so hopefully they managed to evade further attacks for the near future.

EDIT: AUGH! As soon as I posted I hit more lag. >_<
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

So far...only gotten one of Splittifish so far...and auto turned in when I went to visit Skitters. Oops.

This is going to take forever.
Image Image
ImageImage
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I've been at this all day and I've only found three splittifish so far. Is this supposed to be fun? Maybe I shouldn't have complained about there being almost nothing but dialogue, because this is just plain frustrating.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Even though most of you have seen it, I feel like posting the picture of the spring here:

Holy crap, what -fantastic- artwork. The prettiest map so far, I think!
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

The artists deserve major props for all the work they've put into this plot. The spring is gorgeous, the other new areas of the underground are dark and intriguing, and the new NPCs are fantastic.

I just found my third split-whatever fish. This isn't as frustrating as it was last night when there was lag aplenty, but I'm still dismayed by how long this is probably going to take. I'm beginning to suspect this was designed to take up the whole weekend.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Does anyone know what happens when you turn all 10 in? I'm up to 2, so a long way to go. But still, would be nice to know.
Subeta: Thomas
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I had to switch computers, and after clicking around in the Underground for some time, I figured I would never magically discover which passageway from which room actually leads to the fishing hole (seriously, it's great that they're all connected and stuff, but if you don't have a keen memory, how the hell are you supposed to get around? never gonna find any of these places again after the plot is over), so I went to talk to Skitters from the news (he still has a link to fishing) and he stole the one fish I'd found. Okay... whatever. The funny part was the notification at the top of his text saying something like "hey, if you come here with fish, Skitters will totally take them without your active consent." Thank you for that warning. I like people who say "I am robbing you" while they rob you. Useful. Sure, I was gonna give him my fish, but on my own terms.

I don't know. I'm just annoyed at having another arbitrary waiting time and another click-on-the-room step and so much random chance to get anything other than the right fish and more than half the time I don't find anything anyway. The new items are nice, I need a bunch of them, a zombie fishing hole is a really cute idea, but as an activity? Not very engaging. Maybe as a cure for insomnia.
Image Image
Runic

Post by Runic »

I feel like the chances of getting a Splitfish are next to none. I've been at this all day, and not once have I gotten the required fish.
I keep getting junk or "didn't find anything at all!", and now I'm getting frustrated.
I really hope the probability rate is changed cause otherwise, I'll never finish this step. =/
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm not sure if this is just bunk, but out of frustration I went to subeta's forums and people were recommending area 8, in the upper right where the waterfall is crashing down. First time I clicked there I got a fish. Not much evidence, but if I'm going to click somewhere over and over, might as well be that spot.
Image Image