Love Epidemic 2012

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
klaatu99

Re: Love Epidemic 2012

Post by klaatu99 »

Is it better to refresh in the shops or in the area the shops are in?
ImageImageImageImageImage
Feed Us Please!

KlaatuWolf on Subeta
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I refreshed in the area the shop was in and didn't have much trouble getting the stuff I was missing. If you refresh inside the shop I think you risk getting banned from the shop for "visiting" so often.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

So the plot can end now. I'm tired of being a flower, nothing exciting is going on anyway, and isn't it high time for the Masquerade to start?
I had expected a lot more plot development to happen during this years event, especially after the build-up of last years. But so far, no real new information has come forward and the plot hasn't moved at all really.

Only good thing has been the art and the new maps. Which I don't even think I'll be able to use once I cure. Shame, I wanted to try out the limb replacement shop.
Last edited by Seerow on 16 Mar 2012 03:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Maybe the plot will involve the masquerade? I don't see that happening. Right now I would speculate the islander/Amy plot would be involved somehow. (With the Elsie = Amy speculation) But probably not.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I agree with Seerow, put this plot out of its misery. Nothing is happening. Nothing has happened. The pacing of the whole thing has been disastrous and effectively killed any and all of the good aspects. A large part of that was the allegedly unavoidable downtime, but certainly not all of it. I literally have no sense of how far along things are. Presumably we're nearing the end, because the Masquerade needs to happen at some point (and Vesnali shortly after that), but it could just as easily be only half-way done, given how little has changed. That is, unless the plan is to just end things abruptly again and continue next year. Obviously that worked really well this time. Hyping something up for a full year is a big risk, and in this instance, it didn't pay off. I don't know how easy it will be to convince people to have that kind of patience again.

The sad thing is, that most recent step (the quests) actually showed a lot of potential. I wish it had happened earlier. I like the idea of getting the whole world and all of its NPCs involved. It helps to flesh out their basically non-existent characters. I think what the plot has been most lacking is urgency. I mean... this is the slowest, quietest revolution ever. To get people invested, they could have made it so that getting Saggi on your side excluded you from doing wizard quests, and vice versa. Then, even if you didn't care about Ecks or Skitters, you would still be making a choice that felt important. Of course, given how much that would affect the economy, the pace would need to be a lot quicker, but it needed to be a lot quicker anyway. For example, I don't give a damn about Skitters or Ecks or Fantine, but I do like Jaxon. If he'd been involved, even if it were just by publicly picking a side, that would have swayed my decision and made me care a little more. Instead, the whole thing has been very one-note.

I think it's telling that people are starting to talk about the Masquerade instead of this. If this plot were any good, no one would be concerned about the Masquerade. After all, time flies when you're having fun. As it stands, people are bored of this and are ready to move on. I know the staff had big plans and hopes for the Survival event this year, but maybe it's time for them to just cut their losses and move on to something else.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Personally, I'd really appreciate it if they got someone to 'take over' the Bake Shop, even temporarily, so I can get the stuff that restocks there again. I'm tired of having Bake Shop items show up as restocking in the Shop Search, when you can't actually get to them. Unless there's some trick to it I don't know about. Anyway, I'm afraid to do quests now because of this.

And no, I'm not going to pay 23,000+ for an item in the user shops when I can get it for 400 or so in the shop itself. Yes, I'm that cheap. No, I don't care.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I would very much like for this plot to be over as well. I'm scared that the Masquerade has already been cut short by how long this plot has been dragging on and will be rushed to make room for Vesnali, which is disappointing since the Masquerade is my favourite event on the site every year. Easter is early in April this year, on the 8th, and we're already half-way through March. I know Subeta holidays don't line up exactly with their real world counterparts, but I still think it's all getting too close.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Yeah, count me as another disappointed party. The pacing has been pretty awful - even beyond the 'two days' thing, the steps have been too small to make up for the timing (thinking back to the glory days of plots on Neo, LDP, for example, I'm pretty sure the steps had such gaps but there was enough content that I was never bored). I have zero desire to work on my HA during the event - usually I don't mind and am happy to change it once a week, but recently I've been having itchings to play around in it - but anything on the zombie base just puts me off, alongside any 'cover ups'. If the plot was actually interesting, I wouldn't mind. As it is, I can't wait for it to be over. I did enjoy the quests step, but it was a bit too short, really, for four days of nothing to follow. It definitely feels like nothing has happened. Even last year's event was far more engaging and was billed as a 'mini plot'.
Subeta: Thomas
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Alerts and events don't seem to be working properly ATM, but if you go to talk to Skitters/Ecks and refresh the page, you should be able to access the new plot step.

Edit: Gddmnt I'm going to need all of these flasks for Jitan's TC. >_<
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

The site is moving at a snail's pace.

And this step is timed.

Wonderful. Just wonderful. -_-
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Rakumel wrote:Personally, I'd really appreciate it if they got someone to 'take over' the Bake Shop, even temporarily, so I can get the stuff that restocks there again. I'm tired of having Bake Shop items show up as restocking in the Shop Search, when you can't actually get to them. Unless there's some trick to it I don't know about. Anyway, I'm afraid to do quests now because of this.

And no, I'm not going to pay 23,000+ for an item in the user shops when I can get it for 400 or so in the shop itself. Yes, I'm that cheap. No, I don't care.
Ditto on this one. I don't care if Fantine stays in the underground, as long as someone takes over the normal bakeshop.

I'm also impatient for the masquerade. That might inspire me to make some new HAs, which being a dripping pink thing definitely doesn't. Also, I'm looking forward to cool new masquerade items. :-) All things considered, I think it's my favorite Subeta event.
Runic

Post by Runic »

-yawns- I think the last step will be released some time next week. Ecks basically said something 'bout a final move and whatnot after I gave her the 10 vials.
Thank freaking god. -__-

And I REALLY want the Bake Stop to reopen.
I have a feeling Fantine will get cured, so she'll go back to Bake Stop, and that mysterious Elsie zombie, who wasn't meant to be revealed yet, will keep Half-Baked up.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

On the bright side, if you give up on a potion quest, you seem to get a new one right away instead of having to wait for the timer to run out.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Skitters needs your help again! (You will need to refresh on her page to see the new content. I know this is a third event for some people, but hopefully third time is a charm!)
Skitters is so upset he's had a sex change, I guess.

edit: Also, it really is a damn good thing you can cancel and start a quest immediately, because I'm only able to do about every fifth one due to the first item almost always being some "special" rarity item that I don't even know what it is where did these come from. What is with all the snake venom and stuff that's all in shops for millions? Why does it all keep showing up in the quests we're doing here?
Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

http://subeta.net/forums/view/838431/238# Hopefully that link works. SOme of the items you get from the Underground.
Image Image
ImageImage