Love Epidemic 2012

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Love Epidemic 2012

Post by Seerow »

Well the new plot update is just so poorly thought out I don't know what to think. Ecks (and I'm assuming Skitters) wants us to go collect items for her/him. Except this isn't a randomized quest, the items are the same for everyone (at least at the time of this posting) so all of the items are either several million sp or plain unbuyable right now. Thankfully for me I had all the items in my gallery and could turn them in. It really sucks for anyone who doesn't though.

With the site being slow as hell I can't fathom who thought a plot step like this was okay. Or why it couldn't have been randomized items.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Ughhhh seriously? How does this plot keep getting WORSE? I wish it had just ended abruptly after the fishing.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I got my assignment, and I though "surely this is randomized because otherwise it won't work." The moment I did a shop search for the obsidion I knew I was done for. I'm not a restocker and I don't think I am going to be able to buy one of those.
Maybe they will put more in the economy (free shop?) just like they increased the chance of getting splittifish, but just once I wished we got something that appeared well thought through...
Runic

Post by Runic »

Wow. First the bitc--ECKS, sends me on a fishing expedition, which became irritating quite quickly.
Now she gives me her grocery shopping list to buy items worth 10 mil EACH (just about)? Sorry, but I draw the line right there.
WTF is the point of hunting down all these specific items for her? This is just ridiculous.

Fetching quests don't exactly make the plot exciting. It's time-consuming and has no logic behind it.
Not to mention deathly expensive for those who have a hard time with restocking, or don't have the time to do so.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I've been trying to give the staff the benefit of the doubt for most of this plot, but... are they fucking serious? The same items for everyone? I haven't logged on yet to see what the items are, since I'm on break at work right now, but if I don't already have them.. and even if I do... WTF?!

EDIT
Apparently you can refresh in each land an item's from (I.e. Atebus for the Pink Lemon) and get said item through an RE. That helps, but it's still going to be ridiculously tedious.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Doesnt help that every time you refresh theres an error message after a few of them.
Image Image
ImageImage
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

So let me get this straight. If I want to complete this next plot step, my options are either:

1) Pay out the nose for every single required item
2) Spend hours refreshing a shop in the hopes that I'll see AND be able to restock every single required item
3) Spends hours refreshing pages until luck decides to be kind to me and I find...every single required item.

All this while getting lag and error messages every two seconds.

....no. Just...no. I am not doing this.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

The random event part is the only thing that makes this not completely idiotic. But it's still about 95% idiotic. It's stunningly not fun. Like, someone had to sit down and ask themselves, "What is the least amount of fun we can deliver to our users? I know--while the site is still full of problems loading pages, let's add the most boring activity possible--brainlessly refreshing pages! My god, they'll think it's brilliant."

Not to mention this is basically asking your own users to give you a DDOS attack right now.

Oh, and every time the page does error, it takes you to a whole new URL, and the back button doesn't work.

And let's not forget that these are real items with real purpose on this site. If they had invented some items you could only get by refreshing, that would be better, although still astonishingly boring. But these are actual pre-existing items that are massively inflated, past the point of ridiculousness, and they might never deflate again.

So this is not fun and it's flat-out stupid. Just... every time I think I can't be more impressed by Subeta's idiocy because they've reached the nadir of intelligence, they go and totally prove me wrong.

Also, I've never been so pissed to see the Ice King.
Image Image
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

I've had a pretty favorable view of the plot so far, and the few problems I had with it I didn't want to add to the already huge pile of complaints, but this last step... seriously? The items asked for should've been random low-rarity items. If they were, they wouldn't have to add a stupid RE so normal people can have a chance to actually complete the step. Considering how unstable the site still is--well, obviously they didn't consider that. Hopefully this stuff stocks enough that they'll have a chance to deflate to a sane price during the plot.

Thankfully I had all the items in my hoarding gallery except the Bottled Moon Sand; I went ahead and bought it from a gouger to get it over with. If anyone needs a Fleece Zebra Throw, say so because I have 9 to spare.

At least this is pretty. I need extras.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Griffin, Ill take you up on the Fleeze Zebra Throw offer! Im NyauNyau on the site.

I wish they had taken the Neopets route with item plot quests. While you did have to refresh for the item to appear, and sometimes it took awhile, the item was exclusive ONLY to the plot, so there were no chance of hoarding whatsover, and all it took was a single click to get it into your inventory once it appeared.
Image Image
ImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

The only good thing is that, because this is a random event, I don't have to pay attention and click when it shows up. That said, my god, this is excruciating. I'm still on the second step (I had a raw obsidian in my vault), I got the ash, and am refreshing trying to get the deaths cap. I'm worried I broke it, because I turned in the ash, hoping it would bump me to the next step. The link only says "I already have one of those!" so I was all "one? I have one thing now" but no, the ash is silently gone and refreshing is not getting me anything else. But hey, I've only refreshed for half an hour.

...god, if it takes half an hour of refreshing... how many steps are there?
Image Image
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I have spares of the following "ingredients". If you want one, post a comment on my Subeta profile (link in my signature):

Deaths Cap (x2)
Volcanic Ash (x3)
Dream Gem (x15)

(Items might be a little slow to send off because of lag issues. >_< )
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 09 Mar 2012 01:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

There's a thing in the forums (I've been loading pages to read while the site is down, which is frequent, and also why I'm here) saying you can refresh at the land page or on the shop page. If you do the latter, won't you get restock banned in pretty short order? Or does that not exist anymore? All I know is I get banned from Blackheart pretty often.
Image Image
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Ohmyglob I actually finished it. o_o' I thankfully had most of the items in my vault and was able to refresh for the others in a little under an hour's time.

Still maintaining my "WTF were they thinking?!" stance, though, especially after dealing with that lag on top of everything else.
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 09 Mar 2012 02:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Are you kidding me?

Are you fucking kidding me?

You know what? I can be relatively content with short tasks of going to talk to people, and I can deal with the fishing. Was it fun? No. But I could deal with it, most of it was relatively painless (until the site completely crashed), and what wasn't could be multi-tasked with homework every so often.

But this? I do not want to deal with this. I do not want to buy, nor do I have the money to buy, vastly inflated items that I should be able to get for 2000sp each or spend hours mindlessly refreshing a few pages to get the items I need for this plot step. I think I have only have one of these items, and it's not the first.

Whose idea was this? WHY ISN'T IT RANDOMIZED? Why, at the very least, couldn't Ecks and Skitters request different items? How does a fleece blanket help make poison?