Vesnali

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Ierosbats

Re: Vesnali

Post by Ierosbats »

I like the garden idea too. I assumed the time limit was mostly to prevent throwing the value of recycle points out of whack, but yeah, it's annoying. Definitely could have been explained away better. And I'm useless at any timed thing that doesn't give me an alert. For example, I think Dechroma has gone to his job about three times in the past however many months it's been since they revamped that feature because I can't for the life of me remember to go every day.

I'm just glad it's Emma running the garden project and not Esther. I can't stand Esther and her tacky soccer-mom haircut. This year, she finally joined the list of NPCs I had to adblock (Saggi, Jim, Pete, that giant worm battledome challenger...)

I'm worried the next step will involve planting the flowers we've been collecting, though. I don't wanna! I need those!
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

AngharadTy wrote:Am I such a pathetic tool that I can only lift one scrap of paper every fifteen minutes or so? It wouldn't take any time at all now! If you'd just let me pick things up faster! I could even carry two pieces of trash, one in each hand!
Ha, that is exactly how I felt. Seriously? Slow down? Maybe this is why people refuse to help you clean up the lot, you control freak. I understand the Subeta reason for this (it's like eeeeeeevery other plot step we ever do), but come on. At least try to be creative about it.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I'd at least like a timer like there was with the dancing so I don't have to guess when I can next pick up trash.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Some of the flowers are so pretty..

I want to buy a bunch of them first and give them out to people. But looks like they're a bit pricey..When do they generally drop in price?
Image Image
ImageImage
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

So are the new seed/bulbs we're supposed to collect floating around the site like the flowers are!

Man, Leafshade's treasure chest is going to be HUGE by the time this is over...
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

To those of you who I've been randomly flower spamming, sorry! I've been trying to grab all the 2009-10 items I wanted before they're retired. Got all of those I wanted (finally), so I'll *try* not to be so obnoxious. Emphasis on try - almost everyone's said it by now, but there are a TON of beautiful things in the shop this year. Most of the time I can pass over most of the items offered and focus on a few "must have" things, then buy a few extra if there's time/available currency.

This year? Different story. Everything's fighting for top priority! XD Beautiful wearables! Books to save for the drive and to read to Valtam! Curd for Pomonah's treasure chest! Little terrariums that just look cool! Plushies and beanbags, which I've just recently decided to collect like mad! This on top of finding at least one of every new type of flower for my gallery. Not to mention keeping an eye out for the seeds and bulbs (which I assume are going to be floating around site too?)

Anyway, I haven't been doing a very good job keeping track of who's given me what, so please no one worry too much about returning an exact number of flowers or anything.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Okay so how do you get the new bulb things for the garden? I keep just getting the flowers and haven't seen any bulbs yet.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I have some seeds to give (old ones) but can't help having the feeling that there will be achievements later.
But that bar might just go really fast, so what if I go to sleep and come back and everything is done?

Moments like these are when I'm most frustrated with subeta, because you just can't be sure that the new part is completely done and updated when it goes life. (For example when a new part of the zombie plot went life, achievements came later and sometimes when achievements come later, earlier items, clicks or donations don't count...)

Edit some time later: jup achievements seem to show up now, the 2 seeds I planted earlier don't seem to count...

Achievement Earned!
Planter
Help plant a new flower in the Centropolis Green Project!

Glad I waited, but it is a bit sad if this kind of sloppiness is expected as the standard.

Still, to end on a positive note: pretty new items! And also, as already has been said: Oh dear god, so many TC items! Don't even know where to begin....
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Well, that sucks. I gave seeds earlier too..bah.
Image Image
ImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Help plant 50 new flowers in the Centropolis Green Project!
1/50
Oh for the love of. I don't know why I expected anything else, admittedly. Subeta makes up for breaking GAs in a very kind and generous way, and then they go and immediately derp all over again.
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Now that the achievement's out, everyone will be stalking the Seedlings shop. So far I've only found one bulb through clicking. This will take a good amount of time. But I'm glad I only turned in two seeds prior. Not a lot of work wasted.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I had quite a few seeds in my vault, gave Emma a few of my floating ones (but most are too pretty to give away) And bought bluebeary seeds (I think they were cheapest at 4000sp?) and got to 50 that way. I really wasn't going to do this just with floating seeds!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I ended up buying 50 seeds since I need each of the new ones and there is no way in hell I would be able to buy all 50 from the Seedlings shop. I think I bought 50 of the Tangled Seeds at something like 4k apiece so it wasn't too bad.

I would like to say I hate the new high prices on almost all of the Esther's shop items. I am giving out flowers at a far greater rate then I assume the average user of Subeta does and I would not have enough for even a fifth of the items in the store. Staff have mentioned that they raised the coins you get per flower, but when you raise the prices so much it evens out and nothing was changed. I ended up actually purchasing something like 4k coins so I could get one of everything in the shop for my gallery and am now going through and getting wearables and books and stuff I want. End of rant!

I am excited to see what happens with the garden. The items for it have been gorgeous so far. I was only able to get something like 20 pieces of trash picked up though, I think that step should have lasted a bit longer than the 2ish days it was up.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I can't believe they ended the trash-collecting piece that quickly. Even worse than that, though, is the fact that the recycle beast is no longer accepting the items we picked up. I have 25 sitting in my inventory, and when I went to clear it out and turn those in for recycling points, I discovered that they really are just junk now. They seriously couldn't leave that up for an extra day? I guess the wait time WAS so we could trek over to the recycle beast and turn every item in right away. I prefer to do things in bulk, but Subeta apparently hates the concept of doing things in a more efficient fashion.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Wait, we can't turn them in anymore?!? What am I supposed to do with these things now? I hadn't gotten around to turning them in because it's the last week of the semester and I have -- you know -- WORK that I'm doing. Some warning would have been nice!

Is there a prize for the 50 flowers achievement? Otherwise I'm not sure I can be bothered.