Vesnali

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Re: Vesnali

Post by Tom »

There isn't a prize, but I too purchased mine for 4k a piece and turned those in. I tried vending, but got two seeds that I could turn in - out of 100 items. I tried restocking and that was a bit better but still quite slow. Buying items from user shops was pretty painless despite the lag last night. The bar seems to be moving up pretty slowly, though, so I'm guessing there might be time to collect the floating bulbs and seeds.
Subeta: Thomas
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I think everybody stops at 50 because that is where the achievement stops and spends the rest of the time collecting pretty flowers :)
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I don't understand why all seeds don't work for planting. I vended at Blue Sky for a while last night, barely got any seeds out of it, and was only able to actually plant about half of them. This is the most difficult vacant lot project I've ever run into. Again I say - no wonder no one was helping out before. :P

I wonder what it's going to look like once the plants grow. We should be able to plant and harvest things, really.
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

AngharadTy wrote:It wouldn't take any time at all now! If you'd just let me pick things up faster! I could even carry two pieces of trash, one in each hand! "I appreciate your efforts, but slow it down a bit!" ...why?!?!

I know that the OOC reason is to let everyone have a chance at this [...]
More cynical assumption: Pageviews.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Anyone else still need tokens? I've still got a long ways to go before I get all the tokens I need, but I don't want to annoy all of you with a bunch of flowers and tokens you don't want.

I'm also trying to save extras of any new flowers that popped up this year, in case people with galleries or TCs need them.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Vesnali is going to be ending tonight! It was announced on Twitter earlier - so just a heads up to send in those last few flowers! I need a few more, still, and will try to send flowers around to whoever. :)
Subeta: Thomas
Runic

Post by Runic »

Huh...no Glade pets this time 'round.
Then again, we did get spoiled with Steamwork pets. xD
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Wait, seriously? Already? Even taking a bunch of my coins from last year out of my inventory, there's no way I can buy all the stuff I want.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Vesnali lasts exactly one week, according to the Subetapedia. It actually went a bit over this year (it had ended on time in previous years).
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Really? I didn't know that. :-)

It seems like I've never had a problem getting the stuff I wanted in previous years, though. This year if some nice NCers hadn't thrown a few things my way I wouldn't have managed it.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Dammit, I spent the weekend and queensday at home visiting family. I was planning to make today "return vesnali flowers day" but it's over already. I guess it's a good thing vesnali isn't so long, because it gets boring pretty fast (wardrobe or matlals jewels are mildly entertaining during masquerade but vending and questing are really the only thing you can do to get more flowers.) But still, so many things left to buy!
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Craaaaap, figures that Vesnali would occur during one of the worst weeks of the semester. Ah...whatever. I'll just buy everything with sP, lol.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Looks like the Centropolis Green Project* is over as well, and it looks like they gave out a few prizes if you donated any seeds/bulbs/plants. I don't know if more prizes were given out to those who donated more, or if everyone got the same things regardless, but they're nice. The Painted Songbird minion is especially lovely!

However, having said that, I'm kind of glad that I don't care about achievements and kept most of the seeds I found for my gallery. I donated any duplicates of seeds I found around the site in the hopes that maybe we'd get some different flowers (or in the case of the "legacy" seeds, more of the same) when the project was over. But thinking about it storywise, I guess it wouldn't make much sense to plant a bunch of flowers in order to beautify a city block, then pick them all again XD In any case, the seeds I gave are gone, so like I said, I'm glad I held on to the others. And I'm really thankful to a couple of you who sent me some of those seeds! That was really sweet of you, and much appreciated after a really crappy work week ^^
Now though, I want to try and get some of the flowers I missed. But as always, I'm insanely tightfisted when it comes to spending sP, so if possible I'd like to do a flower swap with anyone else who's collecting flowers for a gallery or TC. Never mind. I guess everyone else already got what they needed, so I'm just going to sell my extras and buy what I still need. Probably should have done that in the first place =\
Last edited by Rakumel on 11 May 2012 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Apparently you needed to hit a count of 250 (split any way between picking up trash and donating seeds) to get the rake and the diary. I don't know what about that is intuitive, considering both achievements stopped at 50, but sure okay let's go with that. People seem to be sort of grumbly about it, but I think it's mostly contained because not many people really, really wanted the rake. If the pretty songbird had been the top prize, there might have been more outcry.

And, as always on Subeta, for every person saying something like "the secret 250-cap is kind of bogus" there's at least two other people saying "at least they gave us prizes! Stop complaining!"
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I think it didn't help that this was the end-of-semester time for a lot of people, and that there were a lot of expensive items in the shop. So a week just wasn't enough time for a lot of people to get the things they wanted.

I don't like "guess what the cutoff for prizes is" type things, but at least I'm not desperate for either of the two extra prizes or anything. I wish we'd gotten flowers as prizes, though!