Vesnali

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Vesnali

Post by Marah »

Vesnali is here!

I think the new flowers and items are pretty, but I couldn't possibly tell you more because of course, of course, subeta went down again.
However, all 2009 and 2010 items will be retiring on thursday.
I'm grateful we got the warning and will be going on a sticker buying frenzy.
Runic

Re: Vesnali

Post by Runic »

If it's allowed, I've made a list of pets that have yet to be available in Glade. If not, i'll delete this post.
Note, this is not "This NEEDS to be drawn"; more of just a speculation thing.

Bhakoru, Bovyne, Demi, Fester, Illumis, Magnus, Mahar, Mortiking, Rreign, Tigrean, Velosotor

Wow, Glade is getting closer to being completed, just like Galactic!
Looking forward to new pet art!
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Can I just say that I love this flower? SubetaLodge didn't have any of the new ones up when I last checked, but I really hope there are more potion-themed flowers like this.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Must have ALLLLLL pretty new flowers for gallery. *grabbyhands* Some very nice things in the shop this year too.

Be careful though, I've noticed on a couple of pages, clicking a floating flower just takes you to your own profile page (and you don't get the flower). I've already missed one new flower this way =\ Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

This is the worst time to be trying to code a pet profile; the site keeps going down, and even worse, when a flower appears on the description page where I'm editing the code, it takes you to an error that says something about the petid not being specified. Dammit, I wanted my flower. Also, half the time I can't collect flowers when they appear on the pet's page itself, because they're under some other element. Grr!
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I love Vesnali so much, excited to see it started. There's a lot of lovely items in the shop this year, plus the flowers are gorgeous.
But man slow site is slow :(
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

It took me a good while to remember how to send flowers to folks, but I've figured it out now. :) Flower gifting shall commence as usual.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Vesnali is such a dangerous holiday for me with Pentas' treasures costing me a fortune, but that's okay! I absolutely love new flowers and spring items, so I'll make it work xD
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Anyone grumpy (that's putting it nicely) about subeta making the retiring items so much more expensive? It feels so malicious to me.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I just find it strange that they're retiring anything at all. They haven't retired any of the Menagerie stuff from year to year, and there's waaaaay more of that to sift through. If anything, you'd think that stuff would be the first to go. Fashion and trends and all that. Flowers and stickers and bunnies don't really go out of style.
Nobody wrote:That baby chicken is sooooo 2009.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I agree the retirements seem weird.

I need SOOOO much stuff this year it isn't even funny! And yea, I spend lots of money on Keepsake Boxes for Leafshade every spring. :-)

I guess I actually have to start doing things on the site that get me page refreshes so I can actually get flowers...
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I figured this'd help everyone out - it's a list of all the new floating flowers this year, so those of you that need flowers for treasures like me can add them to your wishlists! It's a pretty long list, so under the spoiler~
Spoiler: open/close
arid jollinear
black flame rose
blue flame rose
blue nott flower
blue pinwheel flower
blush plum blossom sprig
common chai flower
coral pinwheel flower
cream rreign flower
dawn chai flower
dawn jollinear
deep pink peony
dusk chai flower
dusk jollinear
glacier rreign flower
lavender peony
lilac chai flower
lilac jollinear
lilac rreign flower
orange nott flower
orange poppies
pink nott flower
pink peony
pink pinwheel flower
pink plum blossom sprig
pink poppies
purple nott flower
purple pinwheel flower
reborn rreign flower
red flame rose
red peony
red plum blossom sprig
red poppies
sun jollinear
twilight chai flower
twilight rreign flower
white flame rose
white peony
white pinwheel flower
white plum blossom sprig
white poppies
yellow nott flower
yellow peony
yellow poppies
I need 2000+ coins just for the stuff I need this year, so I'll be handing out a LOT of flowers xD
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I need about 2500 coins for all of the new stuff I want, but I'm not fretting it like I did with Masquerade where I only ended up with about a quarter of the tokens I needed.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

There's also a new thing where you can pick up trash in a lot Emma is managing. Which I like in theory, and I want to see the eventual garden, but it again has the problem Subeta tends to have: you can only perform an action every so often. For no reason at all. I mean, if they're going to use the same method over and over, maybe they could at least justify it logically. Maybe you have to physically cart it to the recycle center or somesuch. Am I such a pathetic tool that I can only lift one scrap of paper every fifteen minutes or so? Why would she even ask if I'm so terrible at this? Emma spent several paragraphs asking us. She even says this in her rotation of random statements: "People are so rude. It wouldn't have taken any time at all to make sure these things were sorted and recycled." It wouldn't take any time at all now! If you'd just let me pick things up faster! I could even carry two pieces of trash, one in each hand! "I appreciate your efforts, but slow it down a bit!" ...why?!?!

I know that the OOC reason is to let everyone have a chance at this. I don't really want to sit here and pick up trash by clicking endlessly. All I want is for the world to make a little more sense.

Also maybe a timer letting me know I am capable of picking up a piece of wood.
Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I can understand the time limit for picking up tires and the remnants of wooden fences, assuming you have to cart them off somewhere, but I agree that having to wait ten minutes after finding some sheets of paper is ridiculous from a realistic perspective.

I'm a really big fan of the general idea, though, and I can hardly wait to see what the community garden will look like.