Battling Revamps

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Re: New Features/Updates

Post by Marah »

Any idea when the new system will be completed. I kind of want to go and see if I can build a new set. Impatient! :D

By the way, am I the only one who keeps losing modification crystals because when I try to take weapons out of my default set I keep hitting just remove instead? I can read, I see the difference and yet everytime I play around with it I apparently missclick and one or two of my weapons end up in my inventory with empty mod slots again. Maybe I need to put two glasses on my nose or something.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

If weapons are taken out of your armory, you loose the modifications that you had applied. I believe it was initially done to help with the lending of powerful weapons.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Hmmm, I'm not sure how I feel about the Trident losing its mod slots. :| By losing my three singed crystals from it, I've dropped 15 icons and lost a ~24% chance to activate the singed curse, which is great against things like Wyrmgear who love to block. The compensation is really small compared to the loss imo. Supposedly the chances for the curse/blessing have been upped, too, but despite doing my BQs and also spending time maxing all the Easy/Medium opponents, I haven't seen either activate once. I definitely feel as if the Trident has dropped from a 'good' weapon to an 'average' weapon because of it; a lot of its versatility has been sacrificed and I can't seeing it come toe-to-toe with lots of weapons in the higher tiers, much less the godlies. I feel like there were better solutions to the problem - for example, the stats of mods also increment based on your stats, similar to things like the PStaff.
Subeta: Thomas
Marah

Post by Marah »

Seerow, I know. I just ment that I keep making the mistake of hitting the "remove" button when I want to take a weapon out of the default set. So instead of removing the weapon from the default set and keeping it in the armory, it ends up in my inventory. it's completely my own fault, but for some reason it happens to me a lot.

Allthough apparently I didn't lose a crystal the last time, because it was allready gone. (Shrine of apollonia lost its mod slot. So where did the crystal go?)
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I hate it too, Tom. It was the only solution that would let us allow every tier to equip the trident (we can't make mod slots or mod stats scale; it's just not possible with our programming). I was more in favor of leaving four mod slots and making the attack and such much weaker on lower tiers, but that wouldn't have worked for the middle tiers -- it would basically have allowed people to turn the t5 version into a t8-level weapon, unbalancing everything we're working hard to balance. It's a crap situation all around.

(I can say that you won't NEED all those mod slots to beat the proper opponents for your level once we redo them, though, so it should still work out.)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Marah, my understanding is that if you lost mod slots, you just lost the crystals permanently. Which sucks ass. I spent a lot on some of my crystals, either in effort or in money, and now have nothing to show for it (and it only affected me a little). Between that and the fact that the trident doesn't scale up with more slots (I understand the code won't allow it, but I don't care), I think mod slots have been handled extremely poorly. It really is a crap situation all around, and that is in no way a good thing.
Image Image
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I understand that the measures had to be taken, but I still find it understandably disappointing. I suppose that being on the cusp of tier 8 meant that I was looking forward to using my Trident again, with a similar power. Still, the scaling is nice, so when I do jump up I look forward to the curse/blessing returning, as they're pretty handy against Wyrmgear and RB.

I am pretty excited for the possibilities with the revamp. I have every confidence that the perpetual problems which have plagued the coliseum will be targeted. I absolutely love that decent weapons have been added to the Battle Shop! I think I'll skip the darts, at least until more testing is done, but it's great to see a useful weapon which can be earned with effort, still usable once you earn enough the tokens to buy it. I hope a few old weapons (things like the MCAB, maybe slightly lower tiers) find a way on to the site through areas like the Crystal Shop alongside new weapons to challenge them to encourage diversity, as the upper tiers are a bit sparse, apart from the range of godlies. I also look forward to the challenger revamp, a greater spread of opponents and difficulties and the prospect of some old challengers like Llindorm and Replika coming back. Heh, that's not too much, right? ;)
Subeta: Thomas
Marah

Post by Marah »

Marah, my understanding is that if you lost mod slots, you just lost the crystals permanently
Yeah, I saw the question asked on the forums, but nobody seemed to have actually answered it. The ease with which this seems to be made a non-issue or simply is being ignored feels slightly rude. I have to get some new crystals, but I was also saving up for other things in the battle shop (allthough they appear to be replaced by other weapons now) so having to replace the crystals is a bit of an inconvenience. Also, they were mine, I earned them!

I am looking forward to all the new changes, allthough I hope that once they are being made final, weapon and scroll stats will be permanent. I have a hard enough time finding my way around battling without having to deal with different or outdated information on stats.

Cranberry, is it not possible to put the stats in the hover over thingy? It would be so much easier for battle n00bs. Right now I have to battle with an open excel file on my weapons and scrolls, just so I know what I'm selecting as my default set or throwing at my opponent.

I am getting in the spirit though. I read a load of new books to my battle pet, got his alchemy points up and made two new scrolls. Currently going through all the weapons on subeta lodge (account search, account search... ) to figure out what weapons I actually have (quite a few of them are in my wardrobe, some items I didn't even know where weapons.) So that list is going to be a new excel file. (When in doubt, put it in an excel file.) 9 pages to go.

I like that the battleshop got new weapons and I'm secretly hoping for some blue building love because it has no weapons for sale at the moment.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Oh, good idea, Marah! Maybe I'll see if an artist can draw up something blue for us. I'll also see about putting scroll stats in the hovers -- not sure if it's possible; they're a bit different from our other weapons (they have their own section and statting method in our admin panel).

We definitely hear all of the Trident complaints and are working on something right now. We were hoping to have it done last night, but then the site went down.

The weapon changes are one small piece of the revamp as a whole, though. Opponents are next, then Battle Quests (which are going to be more fun and most likely have a few BQ-only challengers). We're going to change experience a little bit and make it so that it makes more sense. We'll also be widening the weapon pool so that people don't feel they have to fight to overpay each other for a few desirable weapons. There's a lot of complaining right now, most of it legitimate, but I think people will be happier once we finish everything. I agree that right now with just one part done, it's still messy, but we had to release the weapons before we could do anything else, as we need to see how people are using them and make sure everything's balanced before rolling out the new challengers that are geared towards specific tiers. And we are still tweaking the weapons, as well, so if anyone has suggestions for how we could fix the problems they see, please let us know -- we have taken some suggestions already and will take more!
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Re: Battling Revamps

Post by Joey »

Since it seems like this will continue to be updated over time and it's generating a lot of discussion, I split it off into it's own topic.

Ninja mod, whoosh!
Marah

Post by Marah »

Yay for more blue building love! I'm currently at 2115 points, so 400 to go before the achievement. Could be 2 days, could be 2 weeks.

Another battle related thing, which I'm not sure is a thing, actually. I earned a stat from a scratscard the other day, but it went to a random pet that did not need extra stats (Nooooo, uneven stats! *Flails arms around wildly*) Anyway, I think Shinwa and the oracle seem to give the stat upgrades to your active pet, so I thought that might be a good idea for scratscards as well.
(I might be confused with neo though, where they finally changed the faerie quests to go to your active pet)

Anyway, for your consideration!
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

The Oracle does in fact go to your active pet, marah c: That might be a great suggestion to put ON Subeta though, I bet a lot of people'd get behind it!
Marah

Post by Marah »

I maded a topic:

http://subeta.net/forums/view/861510/1#20080741

Also I had a general battle question: I have my sets sorted (sort of) and my scrolls, got the potion part figured out. And I was just looking at the mod slots.
So, some questions about those for people who are kind enough to answer: Are there any "favoured icons" to add, do you prefer to add icons of the kind the weapon allready has, or give it some icons it didn't have before?
Do you like the special crystals (Critical Strike Tear Crystal, Blessing of Natural Armor Tear Crystal, Freezing Tear Crystal, Healing Tear Crystal) if yes, what weapons do you prefer to attach them to?

I'm just trying to get a feel of how people like to use these things, since the forum topic about crystals seems to be gone allready. (Or is it better if I just wait with this stuff till after the revamp is completely done?)

And a question from Cranberry: Is it possible that some of my weapons do stuff that I didn't expect them to do? For example, I was trying some things out and sometimes got the message that I did double the damage. I had nothing that could double my damage (that I know of)
And in one fight I froze my opponent, but I have no freezer. The only weapon I could think of that might do that was my fierce ice blade. Allthough it doesn't say anywhere that it can freeze...

Edit: And there it is again: "You scored a critical hit, doubling your damage!" But why? From where?
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Marah, I'm not Cran, obviously, but I think it might just be a random thing now to get critical hits! That's a pretty common feature of battling-type things c: could be totally wrong though xD
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I think the critical hits comes from your speed. If your speed is X amount (over your opponent?) you get a chance to hit first before they defend basically so you do double damage.

I would like to know about the mods too! I don't have any on my weapons since I'm not sure how to get. I'm mainly looking for ones to add to my Prodigy Staff and Trident of the Banished One (which currently has a Thief Baguette Crystal attached). Also have a pair of legendaries with 4 slots.
Last edited by Seerow on 30 Jun 2012 02:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.