Pet training

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Pet training

Post by Wingsrising »

So, I've started to think maybe I should do a little pet training again. Is there anyplace I can go to read advice about pet training?

Are all the stats equally useful? What do they do? Should I train them all equally, or focus on strength and health? Are there boosts at various stat levels, or are the effect continuous? What values are needed for the different tiers, anyway?
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Pet training

Post by Seerow »

There's a couple threads over in the Battle forums that might be useful. They mainly deal with weapons and the like but here ya go:
Usefull Battle Links
A comprehensive list of useful weapons and tiers

Generally I would stick with training all stats fairly equally. Speed is useful now since it can cause you to "attack first" before you opponents defense and weapons come into place. And the same is true if the opponents have a high speed and you don't. Generally I think health and strength are considered the most useful but they should all be trained about the same. As far as boosts I'm honestly not sure if they are still around. I think they were done away with a couple revamps ago to make each stat point mean more, but I could be wrong on that point. If Cranberry comes along she should know though!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I never did thank you for posting this, did I? Most of the threads in the battle links were weapons-related but one talked about training (including explaining where the tiers were, something I can't find anywhere on the site!) It's rather discouraging how much training I have to go before I can use the two Legendaries I have again, but I'm plugging away at it. :-) Thank you!
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

This thread is excellent: http://subeta.net/forums/view/873691

This is where we originally explained the tiers: http://subeta.net/forums/view/860720

Speed also affects stuff like blessing/curse/freeze/steal rates now (on higher-tier weapons). I train all of my stats evenly, which I think is the most common method, although we have some battlers experimenting with different builds.