Achievements and Tales of Woe

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Re: Achievements and Tales of Woe

Post by lavender »

For the first time, I actually saw something at Blackheart Hollow. Not only that, I was able to buy it! It's an Experiment #810 Sticker and not worth as much as I thought something from there would be (just under 500k, still a profit). But hey, achievement!!
Blackheart Stalker
Purchase 1 item from the Blackheart Hollow.
You have this achievement!

Also, I guess since I'm already posting here, a couple weeks ago I killed some time by (finally) organizing my Trick-or-Sweets gallery. Huuuuuge pain (mostly from items that can go in multiple categories). It's not perfect, but... whatever, I feel a sense of accomplishment.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I've been randomly logging onto Subeta for the past year or so, playing for a bit and then abandoning it again. Logged back in a couple of days ago and found the plot opponents, fought them, prodded around the site a bit more and found out it now has flash games. Which pay out decently and look like a good alternative to quests (which mainly put me to sleep now. Battle Quests/Item Hunt are the exception).

I went a bit mad and spent most of the sP I still had on books I needed for Pharoah and while buying up/reading I remembered an idea I'd considered before. After noticing the lack of Enchanted Hypnosis Wand in the Cash Shop, I ended up finding out about the new name changing procedure and that, plus finding a Spectrum Potion in my vault convinced me to swap the names Pharoah and Alecko. Thus, Alecko is now the name of my main/battle pet which I love. I've mixed in items from most of my other pets TC's into his instead of having one set theme. I was seriously considering getting a Miracle Potion II to turn him into a #2759 but now I think I'll leave him as a Dawn Lain.

I also found a Twilight Potion and two Subeautique Invites which helped the bank balance.

Final awesome thing was yesterday I managed to beat Wrymgear in a Battle Quest. When I first started doing BQ's I was worried about Daemon so it's nice to see how far my pet has come. :)
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Tale of woe: finally started work on my profile again and realized just how much of a damn pain in the neck it is to work with the profile system and CSS. Somehow, this was easier back when I was a bored high school student as opposed to someone who actually knows some web programming now (and is thus used to writing all of her pages from scratch)! >x<;;
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Congrats on beating Wrymgear Alecko :D It's always such a thrill when you can beat a new opponent for the first time.

Silverevilchao I would maybe hold off on working very much on your profile. The site is going to have a major overhaul sometime soon (well maybe)and profiles may be affected by it. I would hate to put all the work/time/sp into getting a new profile only to lose it all a couple weeks/months later.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Seerow wrote:Silverevilchao I would maybe hold off on working very much on your profile. The site is going to have a major overhaul sometime soon (well maybe)and profiles may be affected by it. I would hate to put all the work/time/sp into getting a new profile only to lose it all a couple weeks/months later.
Well, I save all my code, so if profiles are completely overhauled, it could just be a case of me renaming some things. ;) The site overhaul is actually why I have not been working on a new custom CSS layout (the one I currently have is ancient and made for a smaller screen resolution), but I got so sick of looking at my old, blank, stupid profile and decided to see if I could put my LV100 Web Programming skill tree to use. It's...harder, hahaha. Thanks for the heads-up, though. :)
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

My battle pet finally reached 1000 in every stat (except intelligence, but eh) today! I'm not sure why I bother since a nice battle set is too bloody expensive anyway, but it's a nice achievement nonetheless. \o/
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Two achievements:

One, I finally got the OTHER CW that was in the Cash Shop that I was waffling over buying for long enough that, by the time I decided to buy it, it had been removed from the Cash Shop. So I can stop kicking myself over that one.

Note to self: In the future, stop drooling over CW.

Two, I reached 600 in all Duskfeather's stats. Slowly but surely, I work my was upward. :-)

Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

The Crypts have been made easier to navigate and people are finishing it all over the place (including me last night). It seems way too easy and is putting a lot of free money into the economy (10m is one of the prizes), so I recommend trying to do it now in case the difficulty is raised again.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I just spent 10m on the crystal skull and gave up on Crypts forever because of how idiotically impossible it was. (I got through once post-revamp out of many, many, many tries and got a frankencluck piece. There was much swearing.) I'm glad because the prizes are too rare, but geez, my timing.
Image Image
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

It's certainly not any easier for me. I've been able to try three times so far, and I got kicked out at the first door the first two times. I made it to three doors on this last try.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I think I've tried it 5-6 times since they said they changed it and I still never make it past the third room. I doubt I'll reach the end before they change it back or nerf the prizes.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Small achievement, my battlepet is now tier 6!
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Finally redid my user profile. :D Hopefully it works probably on windows.. (Just tested in Mac Safari/Chrome/Firefox) Fairly pleased with it though - a couple of things were really tricky. http://subeta.net/profile.php?usern=Aqua
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Awesome profile Aqua! I love the clean, straight-forward look. It collapses nicely too! I rarely see anything but static layouts on Subeta, so it always gives me a little nerdgasm to see some flexibility.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Thanks Griffin. :D The responsiveness isn't perfect (mostly if you look at the comments with the screen slimmed, need to find a way to get those comments to be the same height) but I'm trying to make my web design less static because that's the easy way out (to some extent). Subeta is full of super skinny layouts too and I wanted to actually use the screen real-estate.