Achievements and Tales of Woe

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Re: Achievements and Tales of Woe

Post by Tom »

... Norway is now free? I was very bitter about missing a Scandinavian country! Hm, I may just have to create another pet. ;)
Subeta: Thomas
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

That was a nice, last-minute, after-hours, post-Morostide refresh:

Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Meeh, Morostide always ends on such a low note, go to bed when the timers are still 20+ minutes. Get back online and it is over. :( Would it be so hard to make the last 24 hours a shorter time so all timezones can have some extra fun? Aside from that it is a lovely event of course. I just wished those damn useless candles would have a lesser chance of showing up...

Anyway, I still have 130 pumpkins on the vine in my vault, anyone still needs some to get the achievement?
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I left my auto refresher on when I went to bed last night to try and get an Eater. Woke up and there was finally one in my inventory, yeesh! And three Oowels. And a lot of junk xD
11th

Post by 11th »

Man, this whole time, auto refreshers were allowed and I didn't even know! Well, crap.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Wait, are auto-refreshers allowed?

In other news, I made Tier 4! Of course, there's a discouragingly long way to go to Tier 5, where I may stop. (It's a nice round number and I have no weapons higher than Tier 5.)

I also discovered the pet page where you can see your tiers, and get all the achievements I apparently earned for training. (Sadly, I accidentally hit the "back" button before I could screen-cap it. I got something like 6 at once.)
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Auto-refreshers are allowed, Wings! But on some things - like dance links and the like - the URL changes, so they only work for a set time limit. Even then, they're allowed - they just don't work as long!
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I told myself this was going to be the year I got the Autumn layout. But unless I want to spend a LONG time on Sunday buying Red Rreign items, maybe next year. (Is Sunday the last day of Fireside?) Still, I went from under 200 to over 600 this year, which isn't so shabby.

ETA: Achievement: Got it! Woe: Somehow missed screenshotting it.
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

Achievement: Finally hit Tier 2!

Woe: It really doesn't make any difference, does it.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

So because of the black Friday sale, I was finally convinced to buy my five new pet slots. Which means I now have 8 new pets (I put a couple in the pound because I knew I was never going to do anything with them and maybe somebody else could).

I got the idea in my head that I would complete my Ronin Warriors fanpet collection (well, almost), so I waded through the pound for about 7 hours looking for pets with their birthdays, and it was terrible and painful and I never wanna do that again holy crap I was beginning to think I would never find an October 10 pet, but finally I did and this was clearly the worst idea ever. But now I have all the the Ronin, all of the Warlords, and Lady Kayura, and all with their official birthdays to boot. Now I just need to decide what to make them. Some I have plans for. But we really need a blue watery gentle/graceful color and maybe some kind of rocky/earth color that isn't glade (glade is great, it just doesn't work for Shuu).

I also found Cama Zotz in the pound, and I just had to have him (yay I get to have another galactic lasirus!).

Also, Griffin was kind enough to hold onto Dipper for me (thank you again!), so I have him in my ranks, too. And I had a Queen Bea quest sitting around, so now he's an adorable, fat bee. Maybe one day he will be a fat galactic bee. XD
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Foghawk wrote:Achievement: Finally hit Tier 2!

Woe: It really doesn't make any difference, does it.
That's pretty much how I felt when I hit Tier 4. "Yay, I did it! That means I get to... train some more!"

I actually don't even care about battling, it just annoys me that I can no longer use my best weapons... which are Tier 5 and Tier 7. If I want to use them again, I have a ways to go.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Subeta sure has been good on firing up it's userbase lately. The latest is the cancellation of the Trivias which I find stupid and can't understand their reasoning at all.
The kicker though? I have 249/250 answered trivias for the damn achievement. And it will forever taunt me.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Marah

Post by Marah »

That would make me twitchy too. I don't understand the problem with the trivia. So some people liked to cheat, some people had fun searching for the answers too...
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I'm only back at 239, but yeah, I agree. I liked the trivia, and while I can understand why they were concerned about cheating, I'd rather have had them reduce the value of the rewards than get rid of it altogether.

There do seem to have been some annoying changes. For example, there's the disaster with Sagittarius' quests a few weekends ago (which I totally FORGOT to participate in, thus apparently missing out both on making huge amounts of money and on losing huge amounts of money) and the resulting inflation. Also the new Subetaque system (which as far as I can tell is just going to make it impossible to buy Subetaque items at a reasonable price in user shops ever again.
Marah

Post by Marah »

I rather like the new subeautique system. I'm currently without invitation, but I found quite a few so far. If I have an invitation it is actually possible for me to catch a restock and buy something good. I was never able to buy wishlist items straight from the beautique befor ethe new system, but managed to grab a few now!