Human avatars

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Human avatars

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm pretty pleased with several of my recent HAs, some of which include custom wearables. Adding them to the cash shop means I might actually buy more.

Image Image Image
Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Re: Human avatars

Post by Joey »

The old thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9712

I haven't made my halloween HA yet, but I've had a fun pokemon themed one for awhile: Image
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

For some reason, I never use this mask during the Masquerade, even though it's one of my favorites. I guess it's because so many great new ones come out every year, all my older ones get pushed aside. That and it's a hard shade of teal to match. (The shoes aren't perfect, but... ugh, HA feet. The worst part of every outfit. Who cares.) Anyway, I thought I'd dust it off. It might be a little too flashy for Morostide, but as far as I'm concerned no holiday can ever have too much pink!
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

So I was tired of always missing the amazing wings that get created, so I decided I was going to just commission some. The amazing Roar drew them for me and they turned out perfect :) I'm waiting for them to be approved, but if anyone would like to claim a slot I'll give you guys a bit of a discount at 500csc. You can post on the forum thread here:
http://subeta.net/forums/view/880606

Fanciful Osprey Wings

Edit: And they got approved first time through! Image
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Playing with a new custom wearable I picked up in the Trade Center. (I spent days and days waiting for the seller to leave me a comment saying she'd take my offer and she had already split it off for me and was waiting days and days for me to offer. Oops.)

Last edited by Wingsrising on 02 Apr 2013 08:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Using my new background:

Maybe a Subeta-related new year's resolution needs to be to make more HAs, and specifically to go through and make one for all the great backgrounds I have but rarely use.
Last edited by Wingsrising on 26 Mar 2013 07:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Had a recolor of my wings made, this time based on a macaw :)
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Yeah, so far my idea of my Subeta New Year's resolution being more HAs has fallen flat. I still do want to use all my neat new backgrounds and indeed had intended to do that with this HA (and my new wig) but then once she was dressed I didn't like the original background and picked an ancient one instead. The problem is I love beautiful backgrounds, but simple backgrounds usually work better to show off the HA.

I think make fewer HAs now because I'm more picky -- it feels like I'm not satisfied with what I get a lot of the time, and I end up spending a long time trying to get everything just right.

Also, I now remember why I use long skirts so often. It's because HA feet suck. How do I have so many shoes, yet still never have the right shoes?

ETA: Also, anyone know a good site to upload HA pictures to, now that Photobucket has been rendered almost totally unusable?
Last edited by Wingsrising on 26 Mar 2013 07:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

Style File might do you, Wings. (As far as non-HA images go, imgur is pretty much the only host worth using these days. I've got to admit, seeing Photobucket go the way of Imageshack is pretty depressing.)

On topic: Look, ma, I'm human! (And Valentine-y, too, almost exactly in time to miss Survival entirely.)

We'll see how long that'll last.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I really, really need to make more HAs this year, I have so much neat stuff I haven't gotten around to playing with... And I especially need to make more HAs for my favorite Subeta holiday, Masquerade!

I was embarrassed to realize I actually made a very similar outfit for Masquerade last year. Oops. :-) Last year's outfit:

This is really the only time of year I can wear this wig: I like everything about the wig except the damn tendril hanging down in the eyes, which bugs Mini-Me as much as it bugs me IRL. :-)
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Me again. (More people post HAs! Although at least during Masquerade you get to see people's avatars more.)

Something (very!) old, something new, nothing borrowed, a lot that's blue.

Man, the So Coy Flowing Dress would look nice with that backdrop. I think the price is very excessive, and I wouldn't pay $2.50 for most of those items, but the dress... that one tempts me.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I will be posting some avatars later, I just made a new one.
I wanted to make a green one, around a mask that I wanted to wear. It was so hard, I couldn't find a decent green (preferably poofy) skirt that would fit a corset and green seems to be the colour where they use the highest amount of different shades for the clothes. Most of them don't really go with each other. So now my skirt is gray/blackish. Anyway if anybody has any favourite bottom items that go great with a green top, let me know!
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I saw it when we were dancing, Marah -- I think it looks good!

I don't know whether green is the worst or not (blue can get tricky, too) but yeah, I think colors that don't really match each other are the bane of my Subeta HA existence.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I normally change my HA maybe once or twice a month, but during the masquerade I play around quite a bit. I think a lot of the masks are really inspiring to work with and I have a hard time choosing.

ImageImageImageImageImage

masks masks masks wooooo
Last edited by Ierosbats on 02 Apr 2013 09:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

The owl one is my favorite!

I do the opposite: I start with the dress and then end up trying desperately to find a mask that works. This mask was the worst except for all the others:

Yeah, I broke down and bought the dress. None of the others are worth it (and interestingly I'm not convinced they match the dress that well) but the dress... well, I really liked the dress.

Now that I look at it more... the colors don't really go with the background as well as I might like. But the flowing dress and the mist of the backdrop do seem to work well together. I am undecided.