Human avatars

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Re: Human avatars

Post by Marah »

I want to make one more red outfit and then I'll try to figure out my photobucket account info and post some :)

I like your dress and background combo Wingsrising. it looks like the dress is floating on the water, a very neat effect.

And the owl avatar is my favourite too Ierosbats. Man you are an avatar machine, I got so many great masks this year with secret santa, I really have to make some more HA's with them!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Finally, a mask that works. And I wasn't sure I was ever going to use that mask -- IIRC this is the one where the second half was on my WL for the longest time but I just couldn't justify the expense.

TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

You guys all make suck great Masquerade HAs. 99% of the time, I have a hard time finding a mask that works with the outfit.

Well, here's a couple of my more recent HAs. :D Everyone has probably already seen the Masquerade ones, but I like them, so here they are again.

ImageImageImageImage

That second one has fulfilled my several year long desire to cosplay a certain character, but was never able to due to lack of similar hair. This wig isn't the right color, but it's close enough, so success? The other 3 pretty much ended up as MLP cosplays without me meaning to. Oops. Also WOW what happened to photobucket.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Ha, that's awesome. I knew that second one looked familiar.

The fourth one is so pretty!
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I commissioned another CW, this time based off Pride Rock from the Lion King :) Unlimited batches and for you guys the price will be 500csc instead of the standard 600csc. If you are interested you can post on my thread for slots: http://subeta.net/forums/view/887031/1

ImageImage
Cloud Carved Stone
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

It's spring here! Finally! Took a while.

This avatar is very monochromatic, but I think I'm OK with that.

EDIT: That was weird. For some reason Subeta was still using the intermediate version of the avatar. Here's the right one:

lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

So I was gonna attempt to make something for the EPICon cosplay contest, but ultimately decided it was gonna cost too much and more trouble than it's worth. Besides, I don't think I could compete with the hardcore HA makers. :P
(ignore the lack of hair, I was gonna fiddle with the salon)
Image Image

::shrugs:: Not horrible by my standards, but it ain't winning any contests! lol
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

Oh, I think that's quite cute, lavender!

Here's mine:

Image Image

Admiral Tfear, from the Marathon trilogy. I've actually been working on this forever—I've wanted to do a Pfhor cosplay since the Invader Skin came out (god, how many years is that?), and when I discovered the eye prosthetics the pieces finally fell into place. Seerow, I don't think I ever thanked you properly for the costume trunk—thanks. A lot.

As it happened, I managed to scrape together the last of the items I needed just before Epicon; I'd totally forgotten about the contest! Not expecting a lot of votes (tiny fandoms, what can you do?), but I'm pleased just to see this in action.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

ImageImage
Grim Reaper from Dead Like Me.

This is basically the same one I entered into one of the past HA events, but with some minor tweaks. I thought there was a water cooler item on site but couldn't find it if there was. I forgot I had wanted to work on the eyes a little more, since you can't see them in the official art but being eyeless is creepy on HAs. Submitted it before I got around to tweaking that.

Edit:
Also, Lavender, I really like that! It's very clever. Which item(s) are you missing, I think I have most of those items I could loan you.And Foghawk, you are welcome. I'm glad you got use out of them :) I really like that skin too but don't use it nearly often enough.

And just because I'm really fond of this one, here's my current HA:
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Thanks, Foghawk and Seerow! I like both of your HA's as well!

Mostly I like to get a hold of the fox ears and *some* kind of bow/arrow. I'd willing to shell out the sp for the makeup and the tail and anything else is cheap/easily available. My problem is that I'm cheap - but I might get to the point of "screw it, I'm gonna do it". lol
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Nice EPICon avatars. :D It's neat how close you can really get sometimes.. I really like your Robin Hood one, lavendar. FogHawk's and Seerow's are pretty close too!

I decided to try joining in with one based on the last movie I saw, Monsters University (the character being Dean Hardscrabble). Was pretty difficult figuring out how to do some parts (like the legs, which I can't find a better equivalent of than the serpent scales.. also figuring out how to best color and hide the nose). Pretending that the rift thingy is Randy. :P

Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Over the past several months, I've been working on tweaking a Mad Moxxi HA for this contest and just about had it perfect. I was just trying to borrow the last item, which has kept inflating.

Today they released a Moxxi trunk.

Now I have no idea what to enter. (Sure, I'll buy it and stuff, but... clearly my HA is inferior to this and I definitely wanted to be more original than this.)
Image Image
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

That sucks Ty. Your mad moxxi HA was very creative!

I'm still inspirationless :(
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Everyone's cosplay HAs are looking rad so far! :D

I'm going in with my Jinx avatar, with a couple of modifications. Switched out backgrounds to one that doesn't overpower the HA (sewers!), and used the new wasp hair from Vesnali since it's a lot closer than the hair I had before. Do you guys think the Shimmer Cowgirl Lasso would be a good thing to add or are there any other rope lengths that hang off the waist? Here's a ref image; I don't wanna add it here since it's pretty big.

I was thinking of doing a Constable Neyla HA (from Sly Cooper 2), but it ended up looking pretty bad and I don't even have all the items I'd need.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Image Image
Wanted to enter something, so I threw together Kafei from Majora's Mask. Nothing on Subeta comes close to the ridiculousness that is his shirt, but I'm fine with it. My real Kafei cosplay is much more impressive (or will be when I actually finish it).