Masquerade Plot Thread

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: Masquerade Plot Thread

Post by Cranberry »

We thought about that, but someone suggested a solution that's even better than that! Should be happening soon; just waiting on something.
AngharadTy wrote:I have not had an extremely satisfying track record opening help tickets on site. If, at least, there were a list I could look at and compare... but I slogged through the forums last night and today and haven't found anything. Except a lot of confused people who don't know how they lost 10 or 20 points. I feel insane. 500?! If anyone sees an official post on the subject, please let me know.
I asked a programmer for you, and was told, "going back to itallo at the end was 500 points for finishing. according to her flags she did not go back to itallo." So that's it, I guess! A lot of points just for that one thing, wow.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

After catching the assassin? But I did--I remember it broke the being-in-the-past thing on that page. I got a really long page of text about it. I read it on the forums when I was checking to see that I did every step and the end of the text was familiar--I read that to make sure I'd done everything necessary, no further steps.

This is advent all over again. Goddamn. No proof except for what's in my brain.

Thank you very much for checking. I'm just... extremely disappointed this has happened.
Image Image
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

We thought about that, but someone suggested a solution that's even better than that! Should be happening soon; just waiting on something.
Get an achievement for deleting one? My best guess.

I get that there is economy and deflation tied into the battling scene, but I really don't care. (I understand that you have to Cranberry :) ) I read this thread on the forums which was a discussion between a middle tiered battler and what I assumed was some-one who considered himself a battle forum regular. It was about if opponents should drop weapons that corresponded with the tier that could beat them. I'm firmly on the side that they should, economy be damned :wink:.It is a personal opinion, but I really like to earn a better battle set by battling, to be rewarded for your efforts by a weapon that is maybe slightly better than what you have so it might give you another win against a though opponent. Not having to do quest after quest to earn sp so I can buy the next upgrade from somebody with a bigger battle pet. I understand the reality is not that simple, sigh.
Anyway I liked having some decent weapons in the price shop. I bought the tier 5 weapon because I'm trying this revolutinairy new tactic that involves actually paying attention to the attack and defence icons of my opponent before rushing into battle. So I'm building up a broader battle set as well as a hopefully better one.

I'm so sorry to hear you missed 500 points because of a glitch Ty, that would annoy me so much!

And as for the plot itself, I enjoyed it, though the ending felt rushed? If I understand correctly, Yun is not dead and Isaac is possibly not a robot son? Or did I completely misinterpret what we changed?
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Marah wrote: I get that there is economy and deflation tied into the battling scene, but I really don't care. (I understand that you have to Cranberry :) ) I read this thread on the forums which was a discussion between a middle tiered battler and what I assumed was some-one who considered himself a battle forum regular. It was about if opponents should drop weapons that corresponded with the tier that could beat them. I'm firmly on the side that they should, economy be damned :wink:.
Haha, that guy has no idea what he's asking for. That said, we already do this with the monthly challengers and with some plot prizes (or things like Gelatin Slayer, which you earn by defeating 2,500 mini gelatins). It's perfectly possible right now to get yourself a decent, albeit not amazing, set in any given tier without having to spend many millions. The tier 1 monthly guy's weapon is actually one of the better t1 weapons around. The t11 Paintbrush Blades still come in handy for me against some challengers, even though I own godlies. The Bludgeon of Mass Extinction and the Malignant Rift Staff are good t9s (the best t9s I have in my armory, actually). The other tiers will be filled in as the year goes on.

But look at the price of the Malignant Rift Staff now -- under 10 mil. That's what happens when the supply is so much higher than demand. If all opponents dropped weapons for their tiers, all of the weapon prices would crumble like that. If 700 people can win a weapon but only 250 want to use it, there's no demand for it. At that point you're sinking tons of SP into training your stats for no real reason at all, because the drops you win are worthless to you. At least when we open it up so that 250 people can win a weapon but 700 could potentially use it, that keeps the demand high enough to keep prices stable (not only on that one drop, but on comparable weapons). Battlers still don't usually make money, but at least they don't end up in a huge hole.

With the tier system and the monthly guys, we already have made battling cheaper. We don't want to make it an easy little kiddie game like at Neo, which is what would happen if everyone owned the perfect sets for every opponent.
Marah

Post by Marah »

I know, I know, but I'm a hoarder. I rarely sell anything I win (plot prizes, weapons or otherwise) because if it is pretty I usually need extra just in case I ever need it for a TC! But I get that's not how everybody works. I loved Bruno and Carmella and their weapon btw, first time I actually bought CS to get them as a challenger.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Marah wrote:
Get an achievement for deleting one? My best guess.
Indeed! It was Amber's idea, and a brilliant solution, I think. We didn't have to downgrade the weapon, we didn't have to anger anyone by changing the prize shop price after the fact, we didn't have to buy them all up or do some kind of voucher thing or anything else crazy... and now people who don't care about battling basically get to spend their plot points on a cool wearable and forum title instead. :)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I can't buy books plus another staff to get the wearable. Because I'm missing 500 points. When I found that out, I swore a lot.
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Is that the wearable you're wearing in the news post? I hope so, since I only have 976 points left so it would be annoying if it was something I wanted. :-)
Marah

Post by Marah »

I could live without getting the achievement or the wearable but GGGAAAAHHHHH that title. :grabby hands:

It worked, price is up at 29 mil again.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Wingsrising wrote:Is that the wearable you're wearing in the news post? I hope so, since I only have 976 points left so it would be annoying if it was something I wanted. :-)
Haha, yeah, the headdress and the "Time Lord" title are the prizes. (I couldn't resist piling on all the rift items for a gaudy HA for a day or two. :P)

And yes, I'm actually happy to see the price around there instead of UB right away. That gives people a chance for the achievement tomorrow if they want it.
Runic

Post by Runic »

lol at all the bawwing in the news post comments for the new achievement. xD
Great solution! I'll hold off in deleting mine, cause I'm saving it in my vault for when Elfric reaches T9 (he's T6 atm, so that's a looong way from now! xD). I'm 300 points short in buying a second staff to get the achievement, but eh, the books mattered more. ^^

The headdress is quite beautiful though, I will say that! ^^
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

AngharadTy wrote:I can't buy books plus another staff to get the wearable. Because I'm missing 500 points. When I found that out, I swore a lot.
I just talked to grelca, and she says that if you file a ticket and ask to have it sent to her, she'll give you the 500 points. :)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Oh! I... will have to stop swearing. Wow, thank you! =)
Image Image