Masquerade Plot Thread

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Masquerade Plot Thread

Post by Wingsrising »

The Masquerade has started! And Subeta is down! And by "down" I mean "so down it's not even showing the 'Subeta is down!' page."

EDIT: On the plus side SubetaLodge has a bunch of the new items to peruse and oh my, I will need SO MUCH STUFF!

EDIT2: And... it's back!

EDIT3: However, the wardrobe isn't working (at least for me) meaning that dancing is off the table at the moment because, no mask. Maybe I'll go do some actual work now and give the site a change to recover from whatever it is that ails it. :-)

EDIT4: Apparently the wardrobe works if I turn "enhanced cookie security" off. Also, this is the 4th edit and I'm starting to look a wee bit strange now.
Ierosbats

Re: New Features/Updates

Post by Ierosbats »

The site is completely fine for some people, up and down for some people, and for some other lucky people it's been down from the start. I've only had the cloudflare error page for the past few hours. I've tried different browsers, restarting, clearing cache/cookies... all the usual jazz they tell us to do. No luck. It's pretty frustrating, but at the same time it was totally expected and it seems like there's nothing more I can do, so... *shrug* Wouldn't be a subeta event without a disastrous opening day.

Sorry if I'm ignoring your dance requests. I assume I'll be able to reciprocate at some point.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

For me it was up and laggy for about the half hour with wishlists offline, and now it's been down for 4 hours straight. Ah, Subeta. How I Love/Loathe thee.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Meanwhile I'm encountering a glitch where I apparently can't accept dance invitations, but the tokens show up in my inventory anyway. Weird. But yeah, once they get that straightened out I'm going to need...um....pretty much every new thing, even the drinks in the lounge XD
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

The site is working decently for me, but the Menagerie has a double-purchase bug. Be careful that it doesn't eat your trinkets! I can't enjoy the new stuff or make a new outfit until it's fixed :/
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Idle comments:

1) My clothes are working now, but I can't see any previews of wearables so I can add stuff to my wishlist.

2) I wish you could sort the shops by year as the new stuff gets lost among all the previous years' stuff!

3) I love the new clothes, but I'm not as bowled over by the new food and drink, especially the drinks. That said, they're probably running out of drinks by now! (And since my wardrobe space is unlimited but I have to pay for more treasure slots for any food/drink I add to Nightflare's treasure, maybe it's just as well.)

4) I'd start a new thread for the masquerade, but I don't want to be responsible for maintaining a dance list. ;-)
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

I'm okay with maintaining the dance list, so I made the thread :p It's here for anyone who didn't get the group ping!
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Griffin wrote:I'm okay with maintaining the dance list, so I made the thread :p It's here for anyone who didn't get the group ping!
How do i join the ping group? I figure it's about time I do that. :)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Guess this counts for here! Two new map revamps; Ziara and Pina Par.

Ziara is quite pretty. I love the look of the buildings, especially the one in the middle that houses the Lounge and Steamworks shops. You can see an Irion and some characters from the Masquerade plot hanging out on a gear ledge which is a nice touch. I like the blue mist everywhere, gives it a nice alien touch. If you notice in the image link it says "postion4". You can change that to 1-4 and it changes the position of the blimp on the map. I'm assuming the blimp moves around during the day.

Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's got some really pretty colors going on and it certainly does look like a space park. But the weird twisty branches on the trees and park bench are really weirding me out. I do like playing Find the Pet! on this map though as there are tons hidden, including some minions even. Kinda odd that I don't spot any Popokos though!

As a note, if you roll over a clickable part of the map it now greys it out and gives you a red border. I think this is a good idea and definitely makes searching the map for a building a lot easier. I still wish there were signs up or a list of links at the bottom since it doesn't help if you don't know where to click, but it is a great first step in making the maps more user friendly.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

Gumdrops wrote:
Griffin wrote:I'm okay with maintaining the dance list, so I made the thread :p It's here for anyone who didn't get the group ping!
How do i join the ping group? I figure it's about time I do that. :)
Go here and click Join. You might want to leave Jessi a comment first with your NC username though :)
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Thanks Griffin. :)

The new maps are gorgeous. I really love the Pina Park map. The colors are so pretty and I love the glowy stuff.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Seerow, Popokos aren't from Atebus! They're from somewhere unknown in space - that's why you don't see any c:
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I was thinking of a thread in these forums, actually. :-) Though I guess we can't have dancing lists here anymore.

It turns out the store DOES have the new stuff on top! Yay!

I would also like to second the advice: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING right now. Everything I bought I double-purchased (meaning I got two of the item and lost twice the tokens).
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Yeah, I heard about that glitch. I only had it happen with one item I bought, thankfully.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

The plot has started, by the way! :)