Masquerade Plot Thread

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Gumdrops

Re: Masquerade Plot Thread

Post by Gumdrops »

Thanks.

I think I'll get them. Can't hurt.

I think I need to read the item descriptions. I accidentally focused on the Top Goose and saw that it's a reference to Top Gun which is my favorite movie. I had to have the item.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I'd also be interested in what people think of the Tier 7 and Tier 9 weapons -- although I'll probably get the staff anyway because I like the art. I'm Tier 5 now and it looks like the gun is quite reasonable for an inexpensive Tier 5 weapon, but not any better than what I have now. (Although if someone who knows more disagrees, believe them and not me!)
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

The weapons are too good for the price they're selling at (they were NOT supposed to be included in the "2600 points buys you one of everything" deal), and we're doing something about that within the next couple of days (we're not changing the stats, though).
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Hmm, I don't know if that means we SHOULD buy them now, or SHOULDN'T...
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Wonder if that means more expensive prizes will be released (to add up to 2600) and the weapon prices bumped up.

I am still frustrated that I'm 500 points below the max when I know I did everything. (I went through the plot guide thread and made sure I had done every step.) I can't find a listing anywhere. I would not be surprised if it's something I did right before some kind of site error which caused my efforts to be erased somehow. That happened to me in December with Advent and I was told nothing could be done (no evidence it happened except in my own brain). Still really "happy" about that one.
Image Image
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Don't know. I bought the Rift Staff because I really like the artwork anyway, but it would be just my luck if they released a bunch of other stuff I really wanted but now will be unable to buy...
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Ty, you could probably send a ticket and see! I don't know how they added them up.

We won't change the price on anything in the prize shop now, or add more stuff... way too late. A lot of people have spent their points. Wings, if you like the weapons (the t7 is good, too), buy them. We won't downgrade them. :)
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Cranberry wrote:We won't change the price on anything in the prize shop now, or add more stuff... way too late. A lot of people have spent their points. Wings, if you like the weapons (the t7 is good, too), buy them. We won't downgrade them. :)
Good to hear, although it does seem to leave you with limited options for dealing with the weapons being underpriced. :-)
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Wait . . . so the weapons won't be downgraded, but they are too common and will be changed? How if not a downgrade?
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I have not had an extremely satisfying track record opening help tickets on site. If, at least, there were a list I could look at and compare... but I slogged through the forums last night and today and haven't found anything. Except a lot of confused people who don't know how they lost 10 or 20 points. I feel insane. 500?! If anyone sees an official post on the subject, please let me know.
Image Image
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Yeah, I'm missing points too. I got 2470, which is... weird. How are partial points even possible? Either you completed the step or you didn't. I have no idea what I could have missed. I didn't dig in the coda caves or crash site any more than I had to, but it seems silly to give extra points for that. I don't actually care about the missing points because even after buying the top two weapons and doubles of all the books, I still have more than enough for all the extra things I want. I'll only care if it's the result of a glitch and I'm not getting points I actually did earn (especially because I didn't particularly enjoy the process). I'm not suggesting that's the case, I'm just curious. I mean, they had to know people would want to know the points breakdown. Why not make that transparent right from the start?

I don't understand the weapon situation at all. They don't seem very overpowered to me, at least not the T9. If they're not getting debuffed, a price increase, and nothing more is going into the shop, then what's left to change? Other than just making every opponent harder. Right after the vesnali potion mix up, another post-release item change would be fairly unpopular. Whether these are errors of foresight or communication between planners, it shouldn't be the users who suffer. Luckily, it sounds like the staff involved are conscious of that. I think sometimes all you can do is accept that a mistake was made and prevent it from happening again.

In general, I'm pretty pleased with the prize shop. There are a few odd items (the pin-up poster backgrounds... what even) but for the most part the items are cute and useful. Lots of books! Great. Adding the fruits from the past is a nice touch. The sunrise sundae is my favorite for no reason other than it's adorable.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

I don't understand the weapon situation at all. They don't seem very overpowered to me, at least not the T9.
They're not overpowered; they're good for their tiers, but not game-breakers. The problem is the deflation. There's just no way the staff should be selling for 14 mil (and dropping). When a good weapon's price drops that low, it drags down the prices of comparable weapons, which negatively affects the weapon economy. There really aren't many battlers in t9 or above (248 in t9, and fewer in each subsequent tier), so there's a much bigger supply of the weapon out there now (1317 and rising) than there is demand.

We also had no intention of giving away a tier 9 weapon as basically a free gift (the plot was easy and pretty much everyone who started it finished it with more than enough points for a staff plus whatever else they wanted). We JUST released a t9 monthly challenger that drops a good t9 weapon which anyone in that tier or above (as well as a few t8s) can earn (Bludgeon of Mass Extinction). It's down to 5mil, which is okay... but we didn't want to basically give away two good t9 constants right in a row like that.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I didn't really understand the problem with the Vesnali potion -- I don't get why 70 was too cheap. I'm sorry I missed it at that price, it's pretty but I don't know if I'll be able to get it and all the other stuff I want, too. Unlike dances, the number of flowers is limited by our page loads on the site! (One of my pets collects flowers and while I only put a selection of flower items it -- I don't try to collect all of them -- I always need a ton of stuff at Vesnali. Isn't Leafshade's treasure pretty, though?)

I didn't know there were so few people in Tier 9 and above... I've pretty much always assumed everyone was badass but me. :-) Dunno if I'll ever be that high, but I like the staff anyway. (Seems like you might lose a bunch in wardrobes or pet treasures that way.) I got the Tier 7, too, as that might actually be plausible, eventually. I don't think the Tier 5 weapon (which is what I am now) is really any better or worse than what I already have.

I picked up everything I really wanted and will now contemplate book purchases.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

The Vesnali potion had to be upped because intelligence is the one stat we don't want people easily raising. As you know, 16 intelligence points = 1 Alchemy Point, and scrolls use AP in varying amounts. Most battlers rely very heavily on scrolls, and people with a lot of AP can just equip a ton of freezing scrolls (or blocking scrolls) and defeat opponents far above their tier. Quite a few people had thousands of coins saved up, and we didn't want them buying tons of intelligence basically for free. 225 seems perfect, as the price on that booster is now on par with the Shinwa +1 intelligence boosters (Shinwas Sealed Scroll of Dark Magic and Shinwas Flower of Morning).

(Right now, if people buy one copy of each book on site that costs under a mil, they can get a respectable amount of intelligence/AP, and can equip a few good scrolls. If they want to be able to equip more scrolls and make their battles easier, we don't want to make that process too simple... so intelligence has to stay high. We're always watching it and making sure it doesn't shoot up to completely unreasonable levels, though, hence putting an int booster in the shop at all.)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I'm not sure if a solution has been decided or not yet, but why not just do what Subeta used to and buy all the ones out of the shops below X amount? That seems like it would be a decent solution to me. The people still get the sp, the item doesn't get devalued, and the staffs are taken out of the economy.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.