Masquerade Plot Thread

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Goldenchaos

Re: Masquerade Plot Thread

Post by Goldenchaos »

So, giving up on this current step, where we have to fetch the items, pretty much just resets the items he asks for? ..one of the items is 1.2 million..
Image Image
ImageImage
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

That's what the Subeta forum thread says.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

That pretty much sums up my whole argument for why time travel plots are a bad idea in most hands. If it's something that can't be explained and just has to be shrugged off as an "oh whoops didn't consider that" moment, it's not being handled well.

The jumping back and forth between the rift really bugs me, too. How is it possible to, in the past, accidentally wander into a futurearea that tugs you back to the present? And then you have to trek back to the rift to throw yourself back in? What?
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I don't know how it fits in with the rest of the plot, but there is now something else to battle, a more medium-difficulty challenger.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Three new challengers, actually! Erdoo, Canaak, and Slavam. Slavam's special drops are really nice. I want doubles of both.

It's too bad riftborn is basically just a cross between darkmatter and galactic. I think it would make a nice pet colour. Very interesting colour palette.

Edit: None of them are terribly difficult, which is nice. They do a variety of things, but especially dark damage. If you're having trouble with them, try a Love Soul Stone. They're cheap (just over 50k at the time of posting this, no idea if they'll inflate) and it will soak up all the dark damage they do.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Heh, I did not even notice that.

I suspect I haven't a snowball's chance in Hell of beating Slavam once (let alone 5 times) -- Tier 5 pet, here -- but I did do in Canaak and recharged my battle experience (which I use to train Level) a bit.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Wonder if the Erdoo can stick around as a possible zap result...that art's sure pretty.

Maybe I just got lucky, but Canaak seems to drop Dark Mage Amulets like they were candy. Good times! And I actually managed to defeat Slavam 5 times and got the pretty loot! =D Oh, but the weapon doesn't appear to have stats yet. Another case of waiting to see how many of them people win before it gets any, I guess?
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

The wearable item that Slavam has, so want it. My pet is too weak to chip at his 2k HP.
Image Image
ImageImage
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Rakumel wrote:Wonder if the Erdoo can stick around as a possible zap result...that art's sure pretty.

Maybe I just got lucky, but Canaak seems to drop Dark Mage Amulets like they were candy. Good times! And I actually managed to defeat Slavam 5 times and got the pretty loot! =D Oh, but the weapon doesn't appear to have stats yet. Another case of waiting to see how many of them people win before it gets any, I guess?
More a case of not knowing exactly what we want to do with it, haha. We'll probably get that statted tonight.

We're hoping to keep the challengers around as permanent ones. Have to check and see if we can do that. :)
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

That would definitely be neat if they could stick around permanently -- it would be nice to have another medium-difficultly challenger and it would mean I could get the Slavam drops at a later date. :-)
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Interesting, the challengers' color scheme combined with the general emphasis on weird reminds me of the Twilight enemies from Zelda: Twilight Princess. :o Pretty cool!
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

It would be lovely if they could stick around, more variety in challengers is always a good thing! Any possibility they could be added to the battle quest roster?
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

They're in there, Marah! Any opponents that aren't set as secret/unlockable are automatically added to BQs. Terrseo was unlocked via event, so it doesn't appear, but these were just regular challengers announced in the news. :)
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

So I finally got that stupid Dancing Queen achievement, so I don't have to spam everyone with dances anymore! :D
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Awesome! I haven't seen them yet, but I only did a few battlequests here and there. I hope to finish my battleset revamp tomorrow (only the mod slots left to sort out) so I'll be doing some more battling after that. Tier 6 here I come! (I hope)

And I liked the dancing spams Joey... tokens!

Edit: As it turns out updating all my modslots is going to take a while because I have to wait 8 hours between purchases, even if i just want to buy crystals...
I wanted to make two battlesets, one for my tier 4 pet and one for my tier 5. I need to update +/- 25 modslots, I have no baguettes in my vault, sooo this is going to take me more than 8 days? Probably a lot more since I won't be able to be on my computer at exactly 8 hours after the last buy. It seems like a bit of a flaw in the system. There wasn't always a wait time was there, it was added when the potions got added, right?