Masquerade Plot Thread

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Re: New Features/Updates

Post by Joey »

Wingsrising wrote:Now that there's definitely a plot, any chance a mod could use their magic modly powers to split this into its own thread?
K.

All the bugs are definitely annoying. But I like my HA this year and am dancing a bunch since I still need the achievement.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Re: Masquerade Plot Thread

Post by Marah »

PS it seems the invitations are the same as they were for the murder plot. So I had some still sitting in my vault. Might help some other people?
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

New plot step -- if you're up to date, you'll be invited to the Coda Caves.

I really, REALLY wish they'd LABEL the dialogue! IMO this guessing-who-said-what makes the writing seem amateurish. (And in fact, in a number of cases I can't guess who said what.)

Looks like things are getting interesting, though.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Each line of dialogue has a picture of the person talking next to it, though? Are you not seeing those?
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Cranberry wrote:Each line of dialogue has a picture of the person talking next to it, though? Are you not seeing those?
Nope, definitely not. I don't know if it's a bug or something about my plug-ins, although they shouldn't block anything from the site, just ads (and a few quest NPCs I've specifically told them to). I don't think I can get back to the conversation to experiment, but next plot step I'll mess around with it and see.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I can't see who's talking either, but I just assumed it was from my custom CSS. I have it set to remove the ugly avatars from the News posts, so I wouldn't be surprised if it were removing them from this too.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Slugawoo wrote:I can't see who's talking either, but I just assumed it was from my custom CSS. I have it set to remove the ugly avatars from the News posts, so I wouldn't be surprised if it were removing them from this too.
Ooo, I hadn't thought of that. I don't see any avatars on the main News page (just the headshots on the comments). Do I have anything in my custom CSS that's making it do that? I know nothing about CSS, I got mine from someone here. :-)

If so, what should I take out for the duration of the plot so I can see who's talking?

My custom CSS:

Code: Select all

#content>span[style]
{border:2px solid red; position:absolute !important; left:5px !important; top:5px !important;}

.speech_holder {
    width: 100% !important;
    background: #eff7fb;
    }
    .speech_bubble {
    width: 700px;
    }
    .triangle-border {
    margin: auto;
    border: 1px solid;
    border-top: none;
    background-color: #ffffff;
    padding: 2px;
    }
    .triangle-border:before, .triangle-border:after, .speech_avatar {
    display: none !important;
    }
    .news_text {
    text-align: center;
    }
    .comments {
    letter-spacing: 1px;
    font-size: 9px;
    padding: 2px;
    }
    .news_title {
    text-align: center;
    height: 20px;
    padding-left: 70px;
    border: 1px solid;
    -moz-border-radius: 5px;
    }
    .title_title {
    color: #000000;
    font-size: 14px;
    font-weight: bold;
    }
    .title_time {
    color: #000000;
    font-size: 10px;
    float: right;
    }
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

When they redesigned the news, a lot of us hated it and used the same css to fix it. I forget offhand what classes are responsible for that. Just cut your customcss, save it in a text file, look at the news, then put your customcss back.

Of course, if you want HAs back in the news forever, this won't help. But it's a good short-term fix. I still hate how the news looks and am happier this way.

Also:
You receive a note from Inspector Thorpe. It is short and poignant
Pointed? Maybe? Certainly not poignant.
Image Image
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

It's the customCSS. It's this bit that removes the avatars:

}
So if you get rid of that, they'll show up again. ...I just put it right back though, because it's kind of ugly. I'd rather just have "Name: text text text" or something.

Oddly enough, I was able to test it by going back to the cave, where the conversation with the pilot still seems to take place. That's a bit odd, considering those characters should all be somewhere else right about now. :p Oh well.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Slugawoo wrote:It's the customCSS. It's this bit that removes the avatars:

}
So if you get rid of that, they'll show up again. ...I just put it right back though, because it's kind of ugly. I'd rather just have "Name: text text text" or something.

Oddly enough, I was able to test it by going back to the cave, where the conversation with the pilot still seems to take place. That's a bit odd, considering those characters should all be somewhere else right about now. :p Oh well.
Yay! That worked. And yeah, I got the conversation again when I went back to the caves, too. But I agree I'd rather have it all in terms of names.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I should change that too. Also, if you go to Itallo, he automatically takes the crystals you have that you still need, so if you want to get extra crystals (because pretty) don't go to him and finish the step before you dug for everything you wanted to keep.

Edit: oh nevermind, these aren't new crystals, they simply updated the art. Might still be usefull for the digging achievement
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Marah wrote:Might still be usefull for the digging achievement
Damn, I didn't even think of that. I just went and turned in some crystals I had saved up.
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

I can't get over this dialogue. Are those seriously *actions between asterisks*? How terrible is it that I keep having words put in my mouth? Why am I so rude? Why am I so rude, except when I would totally want to be rude? Why are my decisions being described for me? Mooooooom! GM's godmodding again!

I will drown in embarrassment.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

Foghawk wrote:I can't get over this dialogue. Are those seriously *actions between asterisks*? How terrible is it that I keep having words put in my mouth? Why am I so rude? Why am I so rude, except when I would totally want to be rude? Why are my decisions being described for me? Mooooooom! GM's godmodding again!

I will drown in embarrassment.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'd much prefer to have a choice of what to say. Even if the outcome of the conversations were always the same no matter what I chose to say, at least I wouldn't feel like I'm being forced to be a sarcastic prick.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I'd just like to know how the hell you guys started the plot to begin with. I've been dancing and dancing and dancing and still nothing.

EDIT: Dear god the site is insanely slow right now.