EPICon 2013

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: EPICon 2013

Post by Cranberry »

Wow, that sledding game even makes me dizzy, and I don't usually have any problems with games. I wonder what causes it?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I remember I wasn't able to play it when they released it. I haven't tried this time. The headache I get from the minesweeper game is bad enough. I was definitely disappointed to see it as the daily game; another ten points I won't be able to get.
Image Image
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I'm not even gonna bother with Saharic Slide. The only slider puzzle I'm seemingly capable of doing is the one in Sylestia's first dungeon.

Can this event be over with already?
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I really hate sliding puzzles (I prefer regular jigsaw puzzles). BUT, someone posted this handy link (also has a useful youtube video guide). I actually finished a puzzle! Also, this forum thread has people posting pictures of the puzzles.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

There are battle challengers now! There will be six, all released before the end of the day. They'll stay the whole weekend. They don't count for EPICon points, but you can pick up some exp and some loot. We're doing two easy, two medium, one hard, and one very hard.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Now that the 6th epicon sticker is out, could someone stick mine to me (they're in my trades, just offer)?

Mazes and Mahars is back. I personally don't care for those kinds of games, but still managed to get a win on the 2nd try.

I really like the Mystic Spindles revamp! Much faster to play and lovely artwork to boot. Oh, and the prize for the 1000 intelligence points achievement is a cake THAT I MUST HAVE.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I've been on vacation for most of the month -- including a full week with absolutely no Internet whatsoever -- and I have a low boredom threshold. So I don't have many EPICon points.

But the main reason I'm posting is to say OMG! Turret!!! Squee!
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

:o I need someone to help me stick the EpiCon stickers on, help?

I think I only have like..140 points. oops.
Image Image
ImageImage
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

I meant to say this earlier, but I would like to go on record as stating that using Mystic Spindles scores to train intelligence is a really cool and interesting way to make training effortful and non-monotonous. (Not that it wasn't a good idea before the revamp, but the pageviews... so, so many pageviews... prohibitive.) I would wholeheartedly support the creation of similar systems for other games or other stats. :)
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

441 points (I didn't have that much time) and I can be found on page 4 of the cosplay entries. Not too shabby!

I saw that Ty did very well, and another Robin Hood in the top 10 not lavenderkennedy's unfortunately. I think I maybe got to vote for one neocolours entry. The entries I got were mostly blah, I rarely saw any of the inspired ones that won :(
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I'm all the way back on page 61 of the cosplay contest, that's what I get for using a fairly obscure character. On the other hand, I ended up with 1839 points for being persistent with the games most days.

The prizes are pretty awesome, I need absolutely all the pokemon plushies :D
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Got 1990 points, page 50 in the contest... not bad. I don't know what the vast majority of prizes are referencing, but there's a few TC-worthy items in there, lots of padding for collection achievements.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I have 336 points and I'm glad to see a wide variety of cheap items -- I think I'll be able to get the things I want most.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I got 1,193 points which surprises me. I thought I'd get much less. Not gonna complain though.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I ended up with 1,966 points. I wonder what the highest possible was, 2000 maybe? I maxed out on almost every day so I have to be somewhat close to the cap. I was on page 84 of the cosplay contest, which is actually better then I would have imagined so that's cool. I always hate these types of events though since there's always a handful of prizes that are very exclusive.

The prize shop for the events has some neat stuff in it! I would have liked a few more books maybe and a few more expensive items that might hold their value a bit better, but overall the shop is very nice. And it came out the day an event ended which was a nice big surprise!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.