EPICon 2013

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: EPICon 2013

Post by Seerow »

I'm really glad that points are capped pet day now to 80 (70 from games + 10 for bonus)! I won't have to force myself to play every single game now. Good move Subeta.

However holy crap this bug catching game is still horrendous. I remember when it came out it was all buggy and the bugs would just fly right on through the net. Well that still happens. You would think someone would have fixed that before making this a featured game.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Seerow beat me to it, but...
wtf?
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Yeah, I noticed that, too. It seems that the bugs have to be straight in the middle of the net or they're going to count as a miss. :x
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

To add to that, I'd really like to be able to play with my mouse instead. I'd also really like to be able to move the net left and right so I don't have to wait for the bugs to come to me. :<
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I really like the art on the bugs. The music is also cute. That said, this is an even worse game than bug-squashing, whose main problem is "this is four times the number of clicks I perform with my mouse in a normal day." At least it's straightforward. Net Gain is just the Burrero game except without any of the fun at all. After the third bug mysteriously said "haha fuck your net" (is there a z-axis we're not aware of or something?), I gave up, with a grand score of 17. I'd rather scrub my toilet than play more. Also my bathtub and sink.
Image Image
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

I did it guys! I slogged though 10 games and captured 500 bugs! I hope to never have to touch this game again.
I mainly did it to get the achievement that gave you this adorable guy:
Image Can you say adorable!

Edit:
Some good news. Keith said on the boards that there weren't going to be any top tier prize(s) that would need all the possible points to get. So people who missed out on a day or two due to lag or what have you, at least you won't be just a few points shy of the good stuff. The way he was talking about it made it seem like it will be similar to how the plot shop was in the Masquerade, which is a set up I really enjoyed.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Seerow wrote:Some good news. Keith said on the boards that there weren't going to be any top tier prize(s) that would need all the possible points to get. So people who missed out on a day or two due to lag or what have you, at least you won't be just a few points shy of the good stuff. The way he was talking about it made it seem like it will be similar to how the plot shop was in the Masquerade, which is a set up I really enjoyed.
That kinda just gives me the feeling that the best weapon in the shop won't be as good because "too many" people can access it. Meh...

Have I posted my thoughts on Epicon here yet? Well, this is my least favorite event of all time. That sums it up. :)
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

If it makes you feel any better, Cranberry said somewhere that there won't be any weapons in the shop. I guess they want to get away from including those as prizes in plots that don't involve battling. While it might work out well in a case such as this, I would actually be a little sad if from now on the only way to get good unique weapons would be from participating and doing very well in battle events, because well my pet will never be the best. Most of my good weapons I got other ways. But topic for another time.
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

no weapons at all? well fuck. Since I won't know hardly any of the tribute items, a new weapon was really the only thing I was looking forward to. :l and I've been getting max points everyday for this.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Minesweeper is one of my favorite games. The Subeta version... needs some serious work. After playing ten games on hard, my eyes hurt. Trying to pick out the number tiles from the broken balloons... am I just really old now? I had to zoom in to relieve some of the strain. It's not a clean board; it's impossible to take it in at a glance because of the clutter. I'm fairly frustrated, because like I said--I love Minesweeper. So much. One of the things that pushed me into getting Windows 8 is the daily challenge available in Minesweeper. It's ridiculously fun and I can spend hours and hours playing the game until my hand hurts from clicking. But this, on Subeta, made my head ache.

Also: "Hit a bomb on your first turn when playing Balloon Sweeper on hard!" This is an achievement I did not earn. I should have earned it. Is it because it's not "sending a score" when you hit a bomb on the first turn?
Image Image
lavender

Post by lavender »

Ty - Yeah, you have to send in your score to get that achievement. I was able to get it after sending in my 10 actual scores (hopefully that's not a bug).

They really need to make the game screens bigger, I find myself leaning towards my laptop screen to much. The minesweeper game is definitely the hardest so far (on my eyes/head, that is).
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Ahh, thank you. I tried that and it worked fine.
Image Image
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Screw Minesweeper. I just got the 10 points on easy and that's all I'm doing. It's too hard to see on hard mode. I'm not gonna even bother trying to get that minion. Not worth it. I usually like Minesweeper okay, but Subeta's take on it is just bad.

I was kinda excited for this event, but I'm already burnt out on it. Most of the games are just way too long for too little compensation.

I think I'll just stick with the feature game, shell game, Divine Discs, and Tubular Tiles. I like mahjong and you can finish 10 games in about 25 minutes or so on easy. The burrow game is fun, so I'll probably do it sporadically throughout the day. I find my eyes get screwy if I play too many in a row.
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

edit: reading more about minesweeper, it's clear that I had all the wrong ideas about how to play.

I could get the bonus points but I might not have enough time today... I keep getting close and bombing out.
lavender

Post by lavender »

Todays game is a memory game. I have finally met my match. ::shakesfist:: Out of 6 games so far, I've only gotten one bonus point. :(