EPICon 2013

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Re: EPICon 2013

Post by Silverevilchao »

*sigh* At this damn point, Subeta really should just get its own servers. The site seems to have issues no matter what hosting service it goes with. :/

On a different note, oooohhhhh god does the Bug Game set my OCD into overdrive. It's fun, though. :)
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Welp, they have finally hit me with a game I'm terrible at. Anyone know if this supposed mobile version works on an iphone? I'd probably have better luck there than with a trackball...
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'd also like it if I could turn off the music and if there weren't a black box attached to my swatter. Also if this game didn't exist. I might like that.

400 bugs times 10 is just way too much clicking. Definitely far surpasses the "fun" factor of squishing bugs.

I tried to load it on my phone (Windows Phone) and it gets stuck partway. But it's not a mobile version of the site (I have mobile web disabled as I hate most mobile versions of sites so maybe Subeta does actually have a functioning mobile version that I can't get to without changing my phone's settings?), and they didn't link to any special mobile version, so I'm not sure if that's normal. Also, at the bottom it says I've played recently so can't win anything. Is that... bad?
Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

:| :| :|
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I hate that when you die it clears the screen. I'd rather see the hell I happened to die to.

I did get that achievement, but it was as much luck as skill.
Image Image
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Hm okay, maybe I misinterpreted. I thought that's why we couldn't see our total score at the moment: because it wasn't representative of the final prize score we're going to get at the end.

Also joining everyone in bug game hatred, of course.
Subeta: Thomas
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Wow, 400 bugs really? I can barely scrape by 200 on a good game. I don't think I'm gonna bother trying to get 400 on ten games. I might actually have tried harder if I had full possible points so far but I don't so why bother.
I'm actually a bit concerned about how long this event is seemingly going to take. If there's going to be 6 stickers released, we are only on number 2 and already it takes me about an hr or more to do all the back games. If they are having them seemingly once per week, this is going to take awhile.

I'm really hoping that Mazes and Mahars makes a comeback for this event at some point!

Edit:
Okay so 400 is actually pretty easy to get if you button mash your mouse. Though after only two games of getting 400, I'm pretty sure my mouse is cursing me for abusing it.

Edit:
And the site is broke! Such a huge surprise. Screw it, I give up.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Ugh, I knew I should've stayed up (even) later to get more games in. The site's practically unusable until after midnight. I'm gonna lose a LOT of points tonight.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

Ow, ow, ow, my hand, ow. I had to dig up a friggin' mouse just so I didn't give myself a repetitive stress injury with the trackpad. Even so I've found it's best to take five-minute breaks between games. What is this, the Dark Ages? Is the site exacting a tribute in blood to appease the server gods?

(Also, where is the mute button?)

I'm worried too, Seerow. I've just sort of been hoping this will end soon, but the possibility is looking more and more remote. (What con lasts even one entire week.) I wouldn't mind so much if it was, like... fun? Or interesting? But the intent here seems to have been to give us the most barely-passable implementations of the most generic 'games' possible. There are so many awesome grid-logic games. So many awesome grid-logic number games, even. And we get yet another laggy Sudoku. The site's definitely batting for quantity over quality here, and I would happily trade this entire event for just one new game with the love and polish (not to mention profitability) that went into Matlal's Jewels.

I'm getting flashbacks to Atlas of the Ancients, and I didn't even participate. Maybe I shouldn't be participating now either?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Man, I almost missed a sticker due to Subeta being unreliable. (Cloudflare blames Subeta this time around.)

Anyone know if we'll need that set of stickers stuck to ourselves or just in our possession?
Image Image
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Stuck to you, I believe. Ariel's also releasing a ton of them (more than 2500 of each sticker in the Token Shop, far more than any other TS item), so there will be many more chances to grab one. :)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

You know, replaying all these games everyday is already tedious enough, but with the constant CloudFlare issues (Subeta blames them...they blame Subeta...everyone loses) it's just getting really aggravating to play the site right now. I couldn't even get the bug game to load much at all today, I would have to sit there and refresh it constantly for the little bar to go half way then stop, if it even made it that far across. I hope the prizes are worth the all this at the end. Though they almost always are so I shouldn't be too worried there I guess!

I really like and really hate the new Mahjong game. The music is insanely soothing, catching, and awesome and kudos to whomever made it. This is the one game I didn't mute while playing. On the other hand while I love the art on the individual tiles, I was finding it very very hard to find matches. I don't know if my eyes were just tired while I was playing it (shortly after it's release last night when I was tired) or what but the board seemed really busy. Though unlimited hints and shuffles make up for that I guess :P
Last edited by Seerow on 28 Jul 2013 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I'm really glad we've got a Mahjong game now! :D I love Mahjong. I do have the same problem as Seerow with the tiles, though. Half of them look almost exactly the same. Some color swaps would have helped a bit. But the shuffling feature is great. Now you can actually win instead of getting 3/4s through a game and finding out you have no moves left.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I'm really pleased with the new Mahjong game. The art is so cute, with the exception of the blue splotch/bird tiles that are sort of annoying to match. I especially like the orange/pink/white Chelon faces and the Glade Paralix. The only thing I don't get is the reward system. As far as I can tell, you get 10k for completing a game no matter what? Doesn't matter what difficulty you play on, shuffles are unlimited, and your completion time counts for nothing (seriously, why even have a timer/pause function?). 10k per win across the board. So... why would anyone play anything other than Level 2 (the minimum for the bonus points). I actually would play the harder levels because I think the game is fun, but Waves takes so much longer than Chelon so it's really not worth it in terms of making money. Very odd.

Glad to see they brought back Divine Discs. I dunno if I'd go so far as to describe that one as fun, but it's engaging and pretty and quick, and sometimes that's all a game needs to be. I can knock out all 10 wins as I'm eating breakfast before work.

All the other "games" so far can go kick rocks. I will never, never play Raceway again after I win that adorable achievement prize. It's certainly better than its original iteration, but jeez. What a waste of my life. The same goes for Stealth Bomber. Boring, clunky, buggy, and oh my god is that payout pathetic. The seashell game is terribly dull but at least a quick 10 points. Sudoku is easy enough but they take me forever so I've been skipping them. The Bug Game is unspeakably awful and everyone involved should be ashamed forever.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Finally got the achievement, so no more Subeku.

I only go after the achievements that give me items (or should I say, I only expend effort on those ones), so I guess I'll have to get started with the bug game so I can get that sticker.