New Plot: The Case of the Missing Jewels

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

New Plot: The Case of the Missing Jewels

Post by Silverevilchao »

As you hurry across the beach to look over the Freyalise Trading Company goods again, you bump into a very unstable and bleary-eyed Mattieu. He hardly looks like himself with wrinkled clothing and messy hair.

"What happened to you?" you ask.

"I wish I knew," he moans as he attempts to straighten his rumpled clothes. "Last night I met Captain Jaques at the Rathskeller Inn to go through his stock and purchase some new jewelry materials--I didn't want to pay those ridiculously marked up prices he charges the tourists--and this morning I woke up with the most awful headache. But that's not the worst of it. All my money is gone but I've only got a handful of materials!" He glares at the Freyalise. "Those dirty pirates must have gotten me drunk and ripped me off!"

"But there's a whole crew of them and just one of me," he says sadly. "Unless--no,I couldn't--but, well, I don't suppose you be willing to come with me for moral support?

Privately you think he may need you more for physical support than moral, judging by his unsteady gait.
You can start the plot here. It looks like we need to get things? Sorry, I haven't had my coffee today and my reading comprehension is hard enough without everyone "speaking" in an accent. :P
Rakumel

Re: New Plot: The Case of the Missing Jewels

Post by Rakumel »

There's a walkthrough in progress on the boards here, if anyone needs it: http://subeta.net/forums/view/914158/1
Spoiler: open/close
This Mazes and Mahars game is kicking my ass. Not sure I'd enjoy it even if it wasn't loading slowly. Uggh.

ETA: Actually managed to win the game I was playing. Still don't like it. It's not that the game's terribly difficult, just very tedious, and this is coming from someone who normally doesn't mind tedious things.

Babbette's riddle list wasn't too bad, but I can't help but think why she'd write it in such a roundabout way. Who does that? Does she really not want people to know you're getting cleaning supplies? Nitpicky I know, but...

Also, I don't think anyone will need it, but if you need a sponge for the third item on the list, I have extra and will share. Just let me know.
Boy, they're really piling the events on...I mean, granted, the site's more exciting when there's an event going on, but I was kinda hoping there would be a break before Morostide...
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Bleh, M&M is running super slowly. "Manwar is thinking..." Boy, is that a level of realism I don't need. ;P
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I really hate the writing style on the pirates, I can never understand anything they say and just skip right over it :(

Manwar kicked my butt in the game, mainly because I never came across a healing item once and he was piling them on himself!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yeah, I like events and all, but honestly? I could have used a break instead of heading straight from Reading Drive into this into Morostide.

Also, plot steps that require a random drop in game that you can only play once an hour? So not fun. As it happens, I *do* sit in front of a computer all day, but it would be nice if they remembered that not everyone can log in repeatedly every hour for several hours running, you know?

EDIT: Seriously. They should at least have reduced the wait time for this.

At least I got to the second room this time. :?
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Arg. I really hope there isn't some special prize for beating this on the first day of release because this is ridiculous. I've attempted the Crypts three times since I got home from work at 8pm subeta time and haven't made it past the second room once. How far do you have to get to find the stupid oven mitts anyway anyone know?

I really don't like this timed random step. I've played as much as I was able to tonight but I have to go to bed as I have to be to work again in seven hours, so I won't be able to try again until late tomorrow afternoon when the new step will likely be released.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

You need to get to the third room.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

So a 25% chance on any given try? That makes me one of the unlucky 1/4 of users who still don't have it after 5 tries.

Still too small for something you can only do once an hour.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Definitely getting tired of mini plots in every single event now. Sure they're fun- once in awhile. It's starting to get really tedious though. I really hope they don't bog down morostide.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

I'm currently waiting for my tenth attempt to try and find the oven mitt. This step is ridiculous. It's not challenging, it's not a test of skill or knowledge, it's just sheer luck whether you get to the correct room or not. I seriously don't understand how this part was supposed to be fun.

Oh, that's right. I can always amuse myself with something else in the meantime. Which...doesn't make a whole lot of sense. That's almost like a tacit admission that this part is boring.

God, I don't know...just frustrated, I guess. Just want this part to be done and overwith so I can move on.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Oh gee. :( Pure luck based game to get an important item..Seems about right.
Image Image
ImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

On the forums, they said they're not going to reduce the timer on the Crypts. Because then if they did it becomes a boring task of "go here, click this"--it's much better as "go here, click this, hope you're lucky, rinse and repeat" kind of task, eh. Looking back at my notes, my unluckiest streak (as in, not getting to the room the mitts are in right now) was 15. That's only 15 hours! If you don't have to sleep in the middle, that's not even a day!

I got it first try, thankfully, but I'm still baffled at this choice and I hope you guys have good luck soon.

(I'm also still baffled at the decision to add the waiting-for-Manwar stuff to M&M for the first day--more realistic, but dragging the thing out was not necessary. Realism is not why I play Subeta.)
Image Image
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Oh come ON. We've got Morostide, Fireside, Alegarden . . . why a miniplot now? Why not during the long boring months with no holidays?

EDIT: And there is still quite a bit of lag - 20-35 seconds to load a single page, plus the occasional "Subeta is down!" message. This is not fun. This is a chore.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

HOLY COW they included one of the WORST THINGS on Subeta today and somehow made it even worse.

Leviathan. You can't hit any. Hope you didn't level your game, cause there are some people out there who have to miss over 100 times. I only have to miss 36 times and I still can't seem to do it! I have never been so irritated at this game, and I already loathed it with a burning, pissing, groaning passion. I mean, I really hate this thing. And I even like Battleship! Ugh. Ugh ugh ugh.

edit:
Level 6 - 1 Guesses Left

Good Job! You harpooned a leviathan!
OH MY GOD SERIOUSLY

Charity is now the worst NPC of all time. I have rage. Put her in the battle coliseum so I can kill the hell out of her. With animals. God.

edit edit: Some small comfort is to be found from realizing that Charity is currently causing wayyyyyy more Leviathans to be killed today.
Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I just now clicked on the crypts link and instantly got lost. How fun
Image Image
ImageImage