Vesnali 2014

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Vesnali 2014

Post by Griffin »

Here is the board on the Subeta forums that has a list of NCers to give flowers to. Please let me know if I missed you; I mostly went by people who are on my friends list and active to my knowledge.

Anyway yay Vesnali! I was initially shocked to find I had no coins saved up from last year, but then I went through my hoard gallery and found 300-400 extra flowers. Hoarding is good. (•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Vesnali 2014

Post by AngharadTy »

The little plot has made me laugh due to this exchange:
Esther: Oh, how thoughtful of you! Really, I’m usually not this absent-minded… what was your name again?
Me: It's thoughtful!
Esther: Ah, thoughtful!
Image Image
Runic

Post by Runic »

Lol Ty, that's just great! xD
I practically screamed my name at her:
Me: It's METROID!
Esther: Ah, METROID!
Funny, that's what I tend to scream when playing said-titular games.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I liked the little Easter egg hunt. I was really happy we got to keep the eggs in the end, I really didn't want to turn them in at first!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Thanks for the board! I will once again be trying to reflower everyone who flowers me :D
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Aaargh I keep forgetting Vesnali is happening. It is so soon since masquerade :(

And I really need those new flowers. And subeta is slow as a snail. I will try to play on sunday and toss some flowers around. (Have to celebrate Kingsday today)
Runic

Post by Runic »

with mighty claws to rend the skies asunder,
makes way for lightning bolts and thunder,
sheets of hail and rain blind
but always keep in mind,
be wary of the tempest after fury subsides
the benefit rainfall provides
makes up for temper flare
just always be aware tempest means no harm

The translation of the tome for the newest step this Saturday morning.
I had everything right except the second-to-last word. Thought it said "to", but it was actually 'no'. xD Also misread "sheets" as "showers".

Guess the tempest beast has been unleashed now, cause the site's down. :(
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Thanks for posting that. I do often like translating material this way, but I'm a bit busy at the moment. I also had to look up the order of the camera parts on the last step--I couldn't figure out when to add the outer frame, although the rest was more intuitive. Just frustrating.
Image Image
moonsyne

Post by moonsyne »

Many thanks. I had no clue what do do with the untranslatable name character that looks like a shiny Ankh.
Image Image
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Okay, I'm caught up (almost) :)

I have some problems getting the new flowers for my TC, I would love to trade old flowers for the newest ones with people who don't want those specific flowers to give to people!
I also need some tips, aside from questing/battling what do you people do to get flowers? most of the games don't give new pageclicks, unfortunately.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

I play Dark Matter Dice and Subeta Tiles for as long as I can stand either one (which these days is about one, maybe two games? XD) They're tedious, but you get page refreshes.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yay, battling!

Sorry if I haven't been as good as I could be at returning flowers -- most of the stuff I do on-site doesn't have large numbers of refreshes so I run low -- but with the battles last night I've gotten to restock and send some flowers back out again. :-)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

The plot is over and you get prizes for participating if you visit the site, plus an extra special prize to make a new storm pet if you did everything.

I apparently didn't do everything. Last night I thought it was strange that nothing had happened after battling, so I went to Esther's shop and clicked on the "talk to Esther" button, went "huh, it's not new, I guess it is over with battling," and went away. Apparently I was meant to click on the greenhouse. I'd have liked to have known that.
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yeah, I wish a lot of this stuff was known in advance... how much we'd have to battle Tempest to get the various prizes, for example.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

I never got an event to give Tempest a flower, either. Waiting for more staff input before I file a ticket about it, but I won't be surprised if they decide not to hand out rods.