Peka Boo

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Peka Boo

Post by Marah »

We as a forum seem really excited for this event :)

I thought it needed a thread.
Is anyone entering the CW contest? Anyone starting a band?

I still have to join a band, any NC-ers wanting to come along? It seems you start with a musical themed avatar, so going to work on that!
Runic

Re: Peka Boo

Post by Runic »

I'm curious about how the VIP aspect will do. As soon as it was mentioned, I knew there would be tons of bawwing about it being CS-related.
I bought my ticket from buying a 250 CSC from a user shop, since I was online the minute the news updated. xD

And i personally hope the Gellies will at least try to crash the party. It's been far too long since they appeared.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

We can't do a gelatin war until achievements are fixed! Thankfully, Keith has been working on that recently and it's coming along nicely.

There's no battling in this event.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I think this might a cute little event, even with the drama surrounding it about the VIP tickets.

The Food trucks are an awesome idea and I love the menu boards! You can also get some special items while visiting with certain items in your inventory or wearing them thought it seems to be awfully glitchy at the moment.
- Visit Sweet Stuffed while wearing an Eddie Bell item. I tried this with two Eddie Bell Oishi items first and it did not work. Put on some Eddie Bell Sweet Tooth items and got it just fine. You get a Frozen Swirl Shake.
- Visit Wok This Way with chopsticks in your inventory to get a Cha Yen Tea. This one I had no troubles with.
- Visit Veggikumora and donate a Ikumoradeekanox fruit to get a Sun Fruit and Basil Juice. No issues with this one.
- Visit Let's Taco 'Bout while wearing a mustache and get a Tejuino. I have tried wearing two different mustaches (one from Carl's quest shop and a retired one) and so far have not been able to get this item :(

I really like Oatmeal and wish she was a pet. Or stayed around longer or something. She's so adorable! I was really hoping for a war/battles considering that the Healer is healing your pets for free right now. Could have been cool to fight opponents shaped like musical instruments. Or enraged fan or something.

The wishing shrub gets mixed feelings from me. It's an awesome idea and Subeta community can be very generous. However everyone is being stupidly greedy and asking for unbuyable or just barely buyable items. Really? I guess to be a little fair, at first I thought this was ran like the Wishing Well over at Neopets and thought that it would be granting the presents not other users. So maybe they were just being hopeful. But still, the items people are asking for is ridiculous.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Runic

Post by Runic »

Maybe the Gellies will show up to crash the party. Keith supposedly fixed achievements...
Ah Cranberry, you killed my wish! D:

I wished for a Pbow, though I know I'm not gonna get one. I did manage to grant someone's wish though, so that makes me feel good about myself. xD

Luckily the wishes clear nightly, so hopefully tomorrow, there will be more reasonable wishes to grant. It's no fun when everyone does ask for UBs or something ridiculously expensive. It's not fair to newer users who might only have 10 mil to their name.
Faun

Post by Faun »

I'm super excited for this event but I seem to be running a bit low on sp at the moment, so I doubt I'll get the wishing shrub achievements.

Hopefully I'll be able to find some affordable wishes to grant but it's not the end of the world if I can't do it. At least I get to buy a lot of pretty food.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

To add to Seerow's list, you can also visit the Meatosaurus truck wearing a Mortiking item. The prize for that is an Amber Fossil.

And wearing any hipottu item to Hipottu Spice gives you Falooda.
Marah

Post by Marah »

Can anybody help me? I need to borrow an Eddie bell item that works, and maybe a mustache item that works, because mine don't :(

I've also decided to start a last minute band, not very active I'm afraid, but I don't want to end up regretting not signing up.

Any Nc-ers wishing to join, please reply here or on subeta with your subeta user name!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Sure, I'd be in an NC Band. Err, as long as you don't actually have to do very much.... I'm moving the beginning of the week after next so I have spend a lot of time next week freaking out.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Sent you two items that worked for me Marah :)

The Wishing Shrub is still being ridiculous. I want to give our presents, I really do, but greedy and unreasonable people are making that very hard!
Marah

Post by Marah »

I'll add you wingsrising, don't worry expectations are low!

I don't know how people got in the wishing shrub in the first place. You have to grant a wish before you can make one... I don't have the sp to grant those expensive wishes and I can't add a small affordable wish to just get to participate :(

Seerow, thanks for the items, am off to use them and send them back!
Marah

Post by Marah »

Double post, sorry.

I'm trying to start this band thing, does anyone now how I get it to be more than just me as a member? I can type in members names, but they don't show up. Do they get a notification? Have to accept first? Why isn't there a FAQ for this yet?
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

From what I heard they get an event asking to join after you send them an invite but they won't show up until after they accept. You however do not get an event after they join, they just appear in the band. Very annoying like that!
Runic

Post by Runic »

I completely forgot about the bands aspect. And the CW contest (there are lots of pretty items though!). |D

Apparently now there's an achievement in place if you have 5 of your wishes granted (it won't update until the festival's end but it is tracking). Personally, I'd like to see this expanded upon, getting your wish granted every day during the event, and there could be a forum title ("Wished Upon a Star") or item reward at the end.

Maybe then people would be more willing to ask for reasonably-priced items instead of impossible ones, all for the sake of earning an achievement.
Marah

Post by Marah »

I got one wish in, and got it granted straight away, it was very affordable. Now on to refresh and grant some-one elses wish!