Subeta's Layout

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.

Should the Layout be updated?

Yes
24%
No
30%
Damn, not another rant by this asshole...
30%
No Opinion
16%

Total votes: 37

Bacon

Subeta's Layout

Post by Bacon »

Until recently, I have used Subeta's custom CSS to make my own layout for the site. A few days ago, my CSS broke and now I can't change it. This make me look at the layout many non-CSS knowledgeable people have to look at, and I realized the layout is kinda...bad. I mean, from a graphic designer's prospective, there are many flaws. Do you think the layout should be updated so new layouts can be made, and for cleaner graphics?
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

No. I love this layout, it's easy to use.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I said yes, but if it does get changed I don't think it should be totally different, maybe a few tweaks here and there just to improve the look of things, whatever happens it mustn't end up looking like Neopets does
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I think I'm one of the few people who actually LIKES Neopet's new layout. XD

I got my hopes up for the site being coded better and a bit easier to poke at, but then they brought out the new trade code and just ... no. NO, dear god no. :/ I had no idea they were going to make things coded the most annoying possible way as the forums are. When the forums were recoded, I stopped going. Easy enough, since I didn't really go there frequently anyways. But now that the trades, a critical part of the site, have been fucked up ... just ugh.

I wouldn't mind a layout change, so I said yes. But I won't be particularly fussed if they don't. Just please, for the love of all things holy, STOP USING THE FORUM/TRADE CODE FOR EVERYTHING. x_x
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I like the current layout, and I don't want it changed. If the coding is so bad, then recode it so that it looks the same while making the coding more efficient (this will also make it easier to make V1 profiles and custom CSS). This layout is eye-pleasing and easy to load - big points if you're going to navigate the site and/or restock and/or fiddle around with your profile coding. It's also great for those with 800 x 600 computer monitors.