Subeta Neocolours User Items Gallery

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.

Would you be interested in a Neocolours Gallery on Subeta?

Yes
88%
No
13%

Total votes: 80

Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

I think it's cute idea, sort of weird cos Neocolours (still) does not equals Subeta to me but hah, it's the future I guess.

I'll have to think which item would represent me, any got any ideas?
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I think the journal entry might be the way to do it. But it tells my friends everytime I update it, so people might get annoyed by a new event popping up everytime I add someone to the who's who section, especially if they don't want to read it.

I was thinking one item per person personally, I think it would probably be neater, rather than x user sending three items and y user sending only one. I think we should send the same amount of items each, so if it's to be two from each person that's fine but I'd rather not have random amounts of items from each person. That is if I am the one who ends up running this of course.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I'll send something, but I'd have to think of what. The Caesious moth is an obvious one but that's a little pricey. :-) Maybe a nice sword.
Avarice

Post by Avarice »

Avarice might want to send an Avarice (haha)..
Suuure. Let me pull an extra 41 million out from thin air and I'll get right on that.

Jokes aside, I'd probably participate with affordable items. The Trendy Black Glasses or a Bloody Morticlaw would be the obvious choices.. hmm. Decisions, decisions!

oh god i want an avarice now even more badly
*cough, hack, wheeze*
Symmie

Post by Symmie »

Dude, put an Akorn in the gallery.

AWESOME.
Last edited by Symmie on 14 Sep 2007 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

What's wrong with having the list on the gallery itself, exactly? Do blog-type things with scrolly bars work in Subeta galleries? If it's in a journal entry I will bite someone. I hate the journal system on Subeta.
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Symmie, just so you know, you don't say what item you want in the gallery - you have to buy it and supply it yourself.

and I too hate the journal system on Subeta.. having it listed on the gallery'd be a lot more convenient, I think.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ohh yay, I've been wanting something like this for Subeta, considering I've all but quite playing Neo :)
I have to agree with Adi on the number of items being the same for everyone, otherwise it may get confusing. One or two would work.

Hmm my favorite item on the site is a Flamontre (which is my Subeta avvie) but I don't own one and never will unless they release some more. Guess I should find a cup to send in, considering I'm the crazy lady who collects em :)
Last edited by Seerow on 14 Sep 2007 09:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

The item who would represent me the best is worth 5 millions right now.

Hmm, I'll send a Ploof.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I like this idea and will participate! I think one item per person is best (it's cleaner and really makes people think about the one item that sums them up), and a gallery (with list in there) sounds good to me.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Ooh YES I would love to do that for Subeta too! If nobody else wants to do that, then I would gladly host it once we figure out the semantics of it. :D

I would like to figure out how to create a "gallery" that doesn't link with the main "Shops" console since I like the simplicity of just having my one shop to deal with. But even if so, I would still gladly do it if nobody else wants to. :)

Hahaha, I'd have to figure out which item for myself too, but I think I know which one that would be. Someone from here (who doesn't play Subeta much anymore) was exceedingly generous to give me one, but I'll find another for the gallery. None other than the lovely Nightmare...though I may be tempted by other items.

Yes, one item per person is best. That way, it's not confusing or cluttered. And don't worry about feeling conflicted, you (and I) are not alone in that sentiment. ;-)
Last edited by Fjorab_Teke on 15 Sep 2007 03:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
checkers

Post by checkers »

Sounds great! ^^ I voted yes. I'm not on the Neopets gallery though T^T, well I play Subeta more. If I get unfrozen (fingers crossed) I wouldn't mind having the gallery, I can use one of my pets profile space for the items and who they match up to, it would be nice to be doing something NC related on Subeta hee.

ImageImage
One of these little guys would probably be my item, evil, pale and called Liam. Need I say anymore? *cackle*
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I never knew about the gallery on Neopets, but the Subeta version sounds fun. I too will have a hard time figuring out the one single item that wraps me up in a nutshell, but I like the idea.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I really don't mind who runs this fjorab, if you'd like to you are more than welcome since it's kind of your thing. Plus I don't know much about coding at all, not even enough to set up a table/blog type thing so it'd probably be best for you to do it.

I really don't know what item would represent me best, some people struggle trying to choose only one, I am finding it hard to find one item to represent me, which is probably why I'm not in the Neopets one either.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I would feel most comfortable having Fjorab host it; she has the experience, and it's best to have someone who can handle coding, too. =)

In order to not show the shop and gallery together, you'd have to make custom sections in V2. One custom section with the shop and another with the gallery. Multiple custom sections don't work perfectly right now; you could also have one or both as links in your main profile blurb (with the shop image Subeta has, too, if preferred). But if you use the Subeta default shops thingy (either as a part of V1 or the box for it in V2), it'll show both shop + gallery on the profile.

I'm not sure what to do for my item--I'd like something with both bone and zombie bits, ideally, but... maybe an infested skull (at least something is alive!) or the zombiecrossing nekromantic necklace thing. Although I already need 2 more than the 1 I have; dunno if I want to buy 3. Heh.
Image Image