New Free Gift

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Re: New Free Gift

Post by Kamil »

I don't think they ever went for more than a few hundred k each, Wings. I own several of the things, for various treasures and so forth, and I don't think I ever paid more than 350k, and that only the once. The rest were anywhere from 175-250k.

Mind, I won't hate having more in the system. I have a lot of pets who want that as part of their treasures. *pets it*

I really, really like this wig, as well as the one we never got around to listing before it was yanked. Dusty Old Bun or some such?

Anyway. Really like both of the new hairs. New wigs are always a happy-making thing.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I'm enjoying this free gift a day thing. Glad enough people changed their password so we could do this, yay! The dusty old bun was pretty cool. Not one of my favorite wigs but I'll have fun with it.
It's good to see the sticker finally return for the people who have been waiting for it. I already had one thanks to my wife. She grabbed one when they were given out for a short time before. She then gave it to me, not wanting it. So I grabbed an extra one this time around. So for anyone who might of missed it this time, I'm willing to give up my extra.
Today's free gift is my favorite by far. It's such a pretty wig! I'm going to have fun with this one. **goes off to play with it**
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I admit the dusty bun disappointed me a little, because it would have been PERFECT for mini-me it if were brown. But I'm hoping that my hair won't be that gray for a LONG time...

Gives us more updo styles, dammit!
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

I'm glad for the free gift a day thing. Too bad I haven't liked any of them so far :shock:
Not all who wander are lost.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

King Content

You definitely do not want to miss out on this free gift, considering it's the single greatest item on Subeta ever.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Why? People are "LOLing" and "epic winning" it and I have no idea why.

I hate inside jokes so, so much. Or items that reference users that are friends of the artists, such as the Satisfied Cardwhale or Super Happy Rainbow Cake. It makes me feel left out and resentful of the super-special few users who are chummy with the staff. If I'm wrong I apologize, but I dislike not being the loop of those who are in the "know."
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

If it makes you feel better Sunwolf, I have absolutely no clue as well.

Typically I make an effort to log in to Subeta when there is a new free gift, but this doesn't stir up any interest or motivation at all.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

There's some kind of drama going on with Carlos (cpvr) of the Virtual Pet List. He's "at war with Subeta" and is making a big stink about how the staff members there shouldn't get paid. He's basically fighting with everyone on Twitter and he's probably said the phrase "content is king" 100 times (the monoclide guy made a little feed thingie that keeps track of how many times Carlos has said it). Basically, he's being a complete ass and the minion is poking fun at him. It's all public if you want to go and look. :)

http://www.virtualpetlist.com/blog/2009 ... th-subeta/
http://www.virtualpetlist.com/forum/sho ... php?t=1478

I hang out in the IRC and they've been talking about it for a couple days now, but I haven't really been following, so that's about the extent of my knowledge.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Oh, great. Hopefully this won't backfire on Keith like the infamous cat thing.

I was kinda hoping that Keith would be above this - instead he's getting into petty wars with someone who isn't worth a fart in the wind. Why, oh why can't Keith and the Staff resist the drama and decide to be the bigger people? Stooping to the same level of immaturity doesn't inspire my confidence.
Last edited by Sunwolf on 28 Jul 2009 05:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Let's not borrow trouble already.
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ehh sorry, probably should have mentioned why the item was so great in the first place. Sorry for the confusion Sunwolf and Tiel.

Cranberry summed it up nicely :D I don't really see how this can backfire on Keith/Subeta. CPVR is swiftly losing the respect of nearly everyone on his forums with his recent shenanigans. There isn't really much he can do except make angry Twitter posts.

I hadn't seen that Monoclide thing Cranberry, thanks for posting the link. It's quite amusing :D
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

You know...I think a more effective, in-your-face move would be to release something new on the site. Not a free gift with a reference that 90% of the users won't catch. Some actual content -- like new games, a new plot, something. I haven't read through the whole mess yet--I'm not sure if I'll wade any farther than these first few pages--and I'm sure a lot of it is unnecessary drama. But I have to say that I've been bored on Subeta this week. I've been doing allll my quests since activating my GA, I made a couple of new pets, and I've been buying wishlist items and trying to motivate myself to work on pet layouts. It gets kind of tiring, though, doing the same thing every day. 40 more Wizard quests, woo! Buying shiny new things is fun. I like that part. But it's all just clickclickclick oh yay, that page took too long to load, so I only get a 10 point token! I'm a broken record, but I just wish there were some games or site events or something that required more than mindless clicking and copy/pasting.

As far as staff salaries and the bits of nonsense that I have read so far--of course the artists should be paid. Subeta's art is the reason I spend more time on the site than I should. Even though I don't always love the new pet colors or revamps, I do always recognize how great of a job the artists do. They should be paid well--they're what makes Subeta a worthwhile site. And they, at least, put an awful lot of work into it. (Alex as well; I always appreciate his explanatory posts about new coding and server issues.)

So is it stupid to make a big fuss about Subeta staff being paid? Yes. Is content important? Yes. I think the new item's ugly and kiiind of pointless, and it's being popped straight into my shop for tonight's autopricing. Personally, I don't really get the point of Keith & Co. acknowledging petty site wars in this manner.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I think Subeta's recent problem has been a lack of holidays. That's usually the only time anything exciting happens around the site, and we haven't had anything since the Vesnali thing back in spring. I've been doing a few quests to save up in preparation of Halloween, but other then that I haven't been playing much.
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

The Reading Drive doesn't count for an event??
Rah

Post by Rah »

The site has been in a bit of a lull this week, hasn't it! Our main item adder was away with Keith on a trip, and behind the scenes we've all been busy with something special n__n Hopefully you guys will be pleased soon!

As far as the free gift goes (which I drew, by the way) it was just something amusing that I did quickly to make a situation that got really angry and silly last night (although for a change, not on our end!) a bit more lighthearted. We were just giving off the idea to those that were involved, or knew about it, that we weren't being upset by (empty) threats to take us down/destroy us.

This person trying to antagonize us was seriously saying we had to bow down and respect him and that he was some kind of king! And was being very sexist too. It was all a bit of a shame, really, because he used to be very respected.

For those that weren't involved in this offsite silly drama, it was just something new and kind of ugly looking. I mean, I don't see myself keeping mine! Just not an item i'm interested in xD