And... Wiz quests have changed again.

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

And... Wiz quests have changed again.

Post by Wingsrising »

Wiz quests have changed again. They now give out small quantites of sP (usually on the order of 1000-3000 sp but can be more or less). However, they now demand up to three items instead of just one.

They still give out a mix of 15 point tokens and items, but seem to give out dramatically fewer tokens. Usually I get something like 450 tokens out of my 40 quests, today I only got 300.

I think I dislike this development, particularly the change to 2- and 3-item quests again.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: And... Wiz quests have changed again.

Post by Seerow »

I had the reverse actually Wingsrising. I had only 3 non-token items out of my 40 quests. Which is a pity since I like the items more then the tokens.

I don't mind the 2-3 item quests. All other quests but Pete could ask for more so I'm not surprised it was changed really. Plus it helps move some of the lesser rarity items out of the market and that's always a plus.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Saggy quests have also changed and can now ask for up to 5 items.

'Cause questing wasn't tedious enough to begin with.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Wow 5 items, that's just crazy. Now that I think about it, hadn't they just changed Saggi to ask for only one item? Geesh.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

My problem is I keep saying to myself, "OK, just skip the 4 and 5 item quests and only do the 1-3 item ones" (1-2 items for the Wiz). But then I actually get the quest and the completionist in me makes me check them out. (More so for Sag quests since the 4-item ones can have decent rewards, when you can do them.)
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Well, that's crappy. Didn't quests suck enough already?

WHY do they keep raising the number of items these people ask for? If they want to remove more items from the economy, there's got to be a better way. I don't know about other people, but this development just makes me even less likely to do quests.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

Considering that the wiz is a timed quest where if you spend more than a few seconds purchasing his item(s) for him you end up getting shit from him, I feel this sucks ass. I didn't mind Saggi asking for up to 4 items as you still got decent rewards from him even if you took a couple of minutes to get his stuff. With the Wiz though, I noticed if I took more than 1-1 and a half minutes to get his item to him(back when he asked for only one item)I ended up with a 10pt token or a crap item worth nothing. So now with him asking for multiple items it will take longer to search and purchase the items and therefore end up with me getting nothing of real worth to speak of. Blah. Why do they keep messing with quests? I liked Saggi asking for 1 to 4 items and giving decent sP and Wiz asking for 1 item and giving 15pt tokens or decent items as a reward. Now I really feel like it just won't be worth my time anymore.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

The changeing of the wiz came at the worse time for me. I was half way done with my quests for him when it changed and that totally threw off my groove. So I had to retrain myself and decide how I would deal with the multi item quests. Really, that wasn't so bad if it wasn't for the 3 items, it takeing me no more then a minute or so to finish them and the damn wiz only giveing me 10pt tokens cause of it. It also really gets annoying when you don't get the lowest price anymore on your first search for most items, you have to do multi searches, so that adds to the time it takes to finish the quest and get said items (Unless you turn around and do what I did and just go with whatever amount comes first if it's not to bad). So yeah, it was a really annoying doing wiz quests today. Didn't really bother with Sagg today, but not likeing him asking for 5 items now..was annoying enough doing 4, bah! Why must they keep suddenly changeing quests around, I hate haveing to retrain myself. Ugh! **sighs** Now that I vented, I shall adjust to the changes like I always do. **grumbles** So annoying...grrrr.
Oh and I seemed to get the same amount of tokens like I always do if not more. Only this time I got a couple 10pt ones cause of stupid slowness. But as I said, it changed half way through my quests so it's hard to say if token give out changed or not for me.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Argh, and now it's giving me MySQL errors, and I can't buy from stores for the same reason. I want to get my tokens for V2 zapping, daggone it!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm getting errors from quickstock, buying items, searching player shops, getting quests, and searching my vault. So, almost everything I need to do.
Image Image
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

It seems like ALL quests have been changed - I noticed that all of them are asking for more multiple items. Usually I am able to do about 10 each of Maleria, Toy Quest, and Library quest - yesterday only a few of each, because they keep asking for 2-3 items each. And Saggi asking for FIVE items at a time is not fun.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I notice the Wiz has stopped asking for 3 items, though, for which I'm very grateful.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I like the sP given out at the Wizard Quests, because that means I won't run out of on-hand sP halfway through and realize it in the middle of a quest. >.<;;
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

I figured I would necro this thread rather than make a new one because I am not sure but... did they change the quests to the wiz asking for three items AGAIN? He keeps asking me for three items and I end up getting 10k tokens because I take too long getting him his crap back. :(
Enigma on Subeta... how creative!
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I think they changed them since last night. Last night I did them and got all 15 point tokens. Today I thought I got one 15 but it may have been a 10, then a bunch of 5s but mostly 10s. It seems that 3-item quests make it impossible to get 10-pointers, even on a cable connection.

This is very frustrating since I just started doing quests again, using my tokens for vending. With lower token payout but still vending for the same price, I'm not sure it's worth it.

More and more I'm starting to feel that the only way to be successful on Subeta is by restocking, which is what I already hate about Neo.

Edit: Oh and the reward seems to have been increased too. I remember getting as low as 8k and as high as 30k, but I had to turn down several quests because he asked for items worth 200k+.