Fragmentizer

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Fragmentizer

Post by Wingsrising »

http://www.subeta.org/explore/fragmentizer.php

You put (some) items in, you (sometimes) get crystals out, crystals can be used to buy items in the store, including Lucent.

There's some speculation that rare items are more likely to get a crystal and he apparently won't take artifacts. Other than that I'm not sure anyone knows how it works at the moment. :-)
Huggles
Feral Koala

Re: Fragmentizer

Post by Huggles »

*gasp* There's an angelic pie minion! Why, it's only the first item in all of Subeta that I decided I would acquire, even before registering an account. And now it's there! I WILL HAVE IT!

!

I've gotten 1-2 crystals from goldenrod endeavor plushies, but I have no money left to try the others. Whee! Broke!
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I am satisfied that the likelihood and number of crystals (so far I've gotten either 1 or 2) depends on the rarity of the item.

More specifically, my experience so far is that anything that's at least "Rare" will always give a crystal and anything r90 sometimes gives 2.

Also, that this takes for-freaking-EVER. I think I'm going to have to throw in the towel for tonight. Getting to 1500 is going to take a while.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

There's a thread on the subeta forums that says anything with a rarity of 66+ will get you a crystal, so anything with a rating of Mundane, Really Common, Common, and Normal only has a random chance of giving a crystal, but anything higher will definitely give you one.

(Pinched from the boards)
R65 and under......randomly 0-1 crystals
R66+.......1 crystal
R90+.......1-2 crystals
R99........1-3 crystals

Special, Retired, and Artifact items are NOT crushable.
----------------------
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I cleared out my vault/shop and bought up a bunch of high-rarity species weapons and I've only just reached 200 for over an hours work. I give up, this is way too boring for me. :x Good luck to anybody who's going for a Lucent.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Alecko wrote:Good luck to anybody who's going for a Lucent.
Thank you. :P

...I only have 4 crystals, too. -_- I'm too cheap to go our and buy high-rarity items right now.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I spent something like and hour and a half buying high-rarity items last night and am still only up to ~250 crystals.

Meanwhile, clearly some people stayed up all night doing this because there are now only 20 Lucents left. :-(

Unless this is like Aemis used to be in the Token Shop (where they restock more when it runs out) I'm not going to get my Lucent this way. :-( Hopefully it will stock in the Token Shop again, especially since it's clearly going to take the price of the high-rarity items a while to settle back into something reasonable again.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I think it's a good way to bring the higher rarity items to a more reasonable cost and to also clear out some of the item glut that exists on Subeta right now. It always bugged me that you could get some elixirs for like 100sp and never priced any of my own below 10k.

I just wish I didn't have to get up early for work today and would've been able to buy up more cheap high rarity items last night. I spent about an hour and 500k buying up high rarity elixirs that were 8k or lower and wound up with 84 points (some of them from items I already owned too).

It would be interesting if the rarities that gave crystals changed every now and then.
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

I got very lucky today because I had a bunch of elixirs and cheap items hoarded for the recycle beast. I had bought them at the most for 1000 sp and wake up to find the cheapest one going for 18k. I am so much closer to my goals now :D
Enigma on Subeta... how creative!
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Wingsrising wrote:Meanwhile, clearly some people stayed up all night doing this because there are now only 20 Lucents left. :-(
...Wait, these things actually stock? I thought it was like the Recycling Beast where there's an infinite amount of X item available. :(
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Oooh, pumpkin tee. Need one of those. Wish I had stocked up on crystals last night...
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Yep, they appear to stock in batches of 100.

Like I said, if they don't stock more Lucents than I'm SOL Lucent-wise.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

This makes me very happy! I don't have any particular interest in the crystals or the shop, but I can see that it has already helped "rare" items gain back some value. Like Mellaka, I was always bothered by how cheap some elixirs were (you could buy the elixir that would make your pet into whatever color you wanted cheaper than you could buy the plushie version of said pet...that always seemed just wrong). I would go through and buy up really cheap elixirs every now and again. This effort paid off big time today. I came on to see over 2 mil profit in my Elixir shop and over 2 mil profit in my main shop as well. This seems like a smart and effective method to help out the economy and get rarities back in some kind of realistic price table.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Well, whether you want rare items to be high-priced depends on a lot of factors. I'd say for questers (particular Saggy questers) this is a bad development, and I'm guessing it pretty much frags Pete's quests.

On the other hand, it might increase vending profits. Not sure.

I'll be interested to see if prices settle some once the initial crystal-frenzy is over. I'm sort of torn since my gut reaction is to hoard crystals in case Lucent shows back up... but right now that would mean sinking 25-30 million in the hopes that MAYBE lucent will appear again. Seems risky.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Since the Lucents sold out I used my 100 crystals rather than hoarding for later and got a Vampire Slayer Plushie. I still haven't gone through my entire storage gallery yet though I don't think I'll have many more items I'll want to use.