Inactive accounts cleared

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Erstin
Human Avatar: 340918

Re: Inactive accounts cleared

Post by Erstin »

Seerow wrote:
Erstin wrote:Sorry about my newbie question, but what is the name of that item that allow us to change a pet's name?
The Enchanted Hypnosis Wand is what changes a pets name. Its available in the CS for $10.
I wish the search wasn't broken too, but at least its an easy way to see if a name you wanted will be freed once this is fixed.
Thanks!
So if th name doesn't show up in the search engine it'll be free once they manage to fix the whole thing? It's good, very good then! :)
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

Oh man oh man. Both names I've been dying to have aren't showing in the search. *CROSSES FINGERS?!*
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Don't get your hopes up, Mayhem, at least if my experience is anything to go by. :( I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, though.

Also, check the pound; the Kumos I pounded wouldn't show up in searches for her name until someone else adopted her (she did show up in pound searches, though).
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

This makes me even more nervous... there's a pet name that I've been wanting for months, and it hasn't been taken in all this time, but with this fresh influx of people thinkin' up names... Maybe it's gone even now. Dammit. This'll end up just like how I lost Erzulie. I wish I could afford a mystical plushie. =(
Image Image
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

Well, the username that I wanted was taken by the time I decided to spend the 20 bucks on the ISS. They announced it in the forums that they had changed their name into the one I wanted. So now I am debating whether to go ahead and buy an ISS or not. There is another name that I would like, but there is at least 3 more months before that name hits the full 1 year inactive mark. Knowing my luck, they will sign back on after 11 months, 29 days and 23 hours or some crap like that. As for pet names...I like all of mine so I am okay with not changing any right now.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

According to a post in the forums, mbif has apparently said names would be cleared today. *Crosses fingers*
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Congratulations on changing your username! You were known as Treid but will be known as jamie from now on!Return to items Oh no! It appears that some of the power in your shuriken has left, it is now a Mystical Star Shuriken...
Back to your items!
Yay!!!
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

So does anyone know if the pet names ever cleared up? I don't want to waste money on a thing to change a pet name and find out they're not free.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

All the pets I've bookmarked to stalk are still there. The false alarm yesterday wasted a lot of my time.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

I hate to ask this yet again, but does anyone know if pet names are free yet? XD I should have done what Cyro did and bookmarked the pets I was waiting for... oh well.
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I just tried to create a pet with the name I've been waiting on and I couldn't, so no. :(

What happened to mbif's claim that the pet names would be cleared last week?
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Officer 1BDI wrote:I just tried to create a pet with the name I've been waiting on and I couldn't, so no. :(

What happened to mbif's claim that the pet names would be cleared last week?
Because Mbif said it? I've learned that she (or is she a he?) doesn't really follow through with things.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I've learned that she (or is she a he?) doesn't really follow through with things.
Wrong.

I've asked Keith recently.

Keith WAS supposed to clear them last week, but the pet names clearing is more complicated than expected. So really, don't blame her 'ignorance' when it was really a programming issue.
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

After the disaster that occurred a few weeks ago (with disappearing pets and whatnot), I'm not really surprised to hear that. Did Keith give any indication of when pet names might be cleared up, or is it a matter of "it'll happen when it happens?"
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Well to be honest, I don't buy it being so 'difficult'. Some UAs have freed names for me and other NCers without any issues at all >_> I just asked after the year had (nearly) passed, and I had the name I wanted. I don't think anyone is blaming Mbif's ignorance, just her ability to follow through on what she says.