Subeta.ws

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Keith

Re: Subeta.ws

Post by Keith »

This propaganda war should be over soon, they can't really... do this for long, ya know? I mean, people are going to notice, we sent out a mass email, and are alerting members.

Petitioning ICANN will get the domain back, and then they won't have anything left to barter with. They've really... just messed themselves up here?
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

Keith, has Subeta suffered financially from this? u_u

It's just sad really at the end of the day. If they had left without drama, most of us users wouldn't even have known the exact reasons for their departure. Now not only everyone knows, but how will they be taken seriously elsewhere with such a reputation? It didn't have to happen like this. I'm still just so amazed, nearly shocked, 2 people thought they could run the place on their own with no team. Everyone knows Subeta takes a lot of team work and many different skilled and gifted people are needed for all sorts of tasks to do with the site.

Ah well. Whatever. My home has changed address that's all, no big deal.
I just hope Subeta itself doesn't suffer too much after these acts of piracy.
Perhaps modern day pirates roam the web, but they'd be mistaken to think they own it. (/random 3am net philosophy) :P
SeahorseJoanna on Subeta.ws.
Jofrenchie on deviantArt.com.
smilesnz

Post by smilesnz »

OK I just found out about all this an hour ago by going to subeta.org. I then came here to see if I could find out more information on what is happening as I was totally 'lost' and I'm glad I came here. I still don't understand what 'I'm meant to do' if anything as it's not clear.

I have logged out of subeta.org

Questions to help me feel better...
What is subeta.ws?
Is it safe to login there with our current subeta.org username and pw? OR do we create a new one for subeta.ws?
Is my account and everything in it totally 'safe' at subeta.org?
I've done quests and collected shop profits on subeta.org over the last few days, will those quest items and shop profits sp still bel in my account or will they go poof on subeta.org, on returning back?
Will there be an Update on SubetaHQ when this is over and we can go back to subeta.org? if not where do we go to find out when to go back to subeta.org?

A bit confused with mixed news from all over the place..
Keith can you please give me a clear answer to those if possible:) as this will help me feel better and I can also pass on info to all my Subeta friends.
Kelsey

Post by Kelsey »

Are we going to petition this ICANN then, Keith?
{ Kelpseed on Subeta }
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Smilesnz, if you read back in the thread a few pages, most of your questions have already been answered by Keith, or clarified by someone else here.

So, here's a brief rundown of all those questions, for anyone knew that finds this thread! Hopefully it'll help:

What is subeta.ws?
-Subeta.ws is the temporary home of subeta.org until all of this gets figured out

Is it safe to login there with our current subeta.org username and pw? OR do we create a new one for subeta.ws?
-Use your old username and password. That way anything you do on Subeta.ws will transfer back over (Also, I'd assume that creating a new account would be freezable, since you can't have more than one account at Subeta at a time, ever)

Is my account and everything in it totally 'safe' at subeta.org?
-Your account is now at subeta.ws. Anything you do at subeta.org will NOT be safe, and will not be there when the site moves back. That's why you should NOT use subeta.org at all until this is situated.

I've done quests and collected shop profits on subeta.org over the last few days, will those quest items and shop profits sp still bel in my account or will they go poof on subeta.org, on returning back?
-Anything up until this announcement was made sometime afternoon will be safe, but anything you did last night/today will not be there.

Will there be an Update on SubetaHQ when this is over and we can go back to subeta.org? if not where do we go to find out when to go back to subeta.org?
-Can't answer that one, sorry!

Hopefully this'll help anyone new coming to the thread... But I highly recommend reading through the entire thread to see if your question was already addressed - Keith's already gone over lots of stuff here. It may be hard for him to stop by and give frequent updates with everything going on.
larkesyo

Post by larkesyo »

MRBboy2005 wrote:
adi_gallia wrote: Surely anyone left on .org and doesn't realize what is going on is an idiot.
That helps subeta.ws weed out the "lol" members from the "I do say, that was rather funny" crowd...
Or it could separate the confused-but-onsite crowd from those who have been away from Subeta for a few days.
I logged back into .org and was a little annoyed to find the forums and SB closed, but I kind of just assumed it was just another outbreak of Subeta erroring so I didn't give it much thought. c:

Luckily, a couple of people were kind enough to explain things to me.

Unfortunately, I can't access .ws and am leaving for vacation. So what happens to users who are loyal to the site but just happen to be away from net access at the moment? I guess you can't really expect Subeta to take care of ALL of its users, but it's a little disheartening to be so out of the loop and know that I'm going to be even more confused when I get back.

Looks like I won't be able to meet some of my art deadlines.
(I don't suppose anyone could let user corduroy_luv know that I (larkesyo) am terribly sorry for not being able to make the contest deadline, as I know she has been waiting for a lot of entries, but I will be away from Subeta and am unable to submit an entry? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks. o^o)

--
edit: Thanks so much, Joanna! c:
Last edited by larkesyo on 13 Jul 2008 04:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
EmoPikachu

Post by EmoPikachu »

smilesnz, Here are the answers:::

Q. What is subeta.ws?
A. It is just like subeta.org except a different web address.

Q.Is it safe to login there with our current subeta.org username and pw? OR do we create a new one for subeta.ws?
A. No. Log in with your original password and username.

Q.Is my account and everything in it totally 'safe' at subeta.org?
A. Yes, as long as you are logged out of Subeta.org.

Q. I've done quests and collected shop profits on subeta.org over the last few days, will those quest items and shop profits sp still bel in my account or will they go poof on subeta.org, on returning back?
A. No, They will all be there.

Q. Will there be an Update on SubetaHQ when this is over and we can go back to subeta.org? if not where do we go to find out when to go back to subeta.org?
A. Nothing is for sure yet, but just stay on these forums and DO NOT go back to Subeta.org!

Does that help?

Subeta.ws isnt loading for me, now. uh oh...
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

Larkesyo, as soon as I can access smail I'll send out your message to that user. n_n
Last edited by Joanna on 13 Jul 2008 04:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
SeahorseJoanna on Subeta.ws.
Jofrenchie on deviantArt.com.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Please don't double-post (post twice in a row). There's an "EDIT" button you can click to add content to your posts.
Image Image
smilesnz

Post by smilesnz »

Thanks Jessibean and EmoPikachu for those quick answers:) I had read the whole thread, but still things were not 'clear enough' and I needed to know if the subeta.ws was safe. If needed I will login to subeta.ws and carry on playing subeta:) Otherwise I will wait till things are normal again.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I can't seem to log into subeta.ws, nor can I request my password (to make sure I'm not using the wrong password somehow).

Anyone else have this problem, or is it just me?
Keith

Post by Keith »

If you PM me with the password you want, I'll change it.

D: Hopefully it isn't happening to everyone. I put in a support ticket to have email fixed tomorrow.
aura_bryt_dorigomi

Post by aura_bryt_dorigomi »

wow you're one busy bee keith....i think you need to take a few moment breather for a cup of tea before you have a breakdown. with the server problems and now this...i'm supprised you're still thinking stright.
Zekumi

Post by Zekumi »

Ahg, lots of information. My brain is currently a little deflated, so not everything has fully registered, but... meh.

I don't see how that ex-staff couple is going to benefit at all from this. If anything, haven't they just screwed up the situation more so for themselves?
aura_bryt_dorigomi

Post by aura_bryt_dorigomi »

i'm sure they are thinking with clouded judgment. but yes in the real world they have just hurt themselves more. if they feel they were wronged. they should have found an attorney and gathered evidence to see if they even had a real case. which scene they did this either they had no evidence or now no attorney would touch them.....their actions were/are pointless and being adults i am sure they will come to realize their mistake and rue the day they made it. due to their actions they have irrevocably ruined their reputations but have also (this is just my opinion) committed a crime which could land them in a whole poop bowl of trouble