Subeta.ws

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Re: Subeta.ws

Post by Silverevilchao »

Damn, I thought that it couldn't get anymore dramatic....

I was WRONG. Dayyyymn.
Keshi~

Post by Keshi~ »

I can't wait till the users still on .org start demanding new items and pets, and they won't have any to release.

I knew right away Kandi and Ender were in this, it's quite sad and immature.
bluelightning

Post by bluelightning »

I had to format my comp and lost my password. The story goes like this:

1. Tried to get email sent but didn't work
2. Made a new account to ask at the boards how to get my password back
3. Instant ban but there was an email address
4. Emailed about getting my password sent, but got no response
5. Today I get an email saying not to use subeta.org and I am now assuming that the email is hacked now
6. The new site doesn't work, but there's no point anyway since I cant log in anyway
7. Noticed the other account was unfrozen on .org (a proper staff person wouldnt have done that so assume they did, therefore... they read my email... I don't feel too good about that). Logged out of it anyway

So my question is... will I EVER get my account back? (which is the same name as here) On the new site obviously, if it ever works. Please help??????
tayav

Post by tayav »

What kills me is ender is demanding severance well he has been known to harrass users.Plain and simple on irc i know
And demanding sevrance pay

Is there a law that requires employers to provide severance pay?

No. An employer has no obligation to provide severance pay

There is no requirement in the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) for severance pay.
Keith wrote:If you PM me with the password you want, I'll change it.

D: Hopefully it isn't happening to everyone. I put in a support ticket to have email fixed tomorrow.
Is what Keith stated
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Whoa what a read this was. (Read all of it last night before going to bed, weee!) I'm so glad I came here after reading that big long news post at the .org subeta (but I always come here first when something weird happens on subeta). My wife and I both logged off of .org after reading this and logged on to .ws. I'm so glad Keith and others are working so hard to make things right. I'm glad those two were gotten rid of, after hearing so much bad things about that. I'm sorry this had to happen because of it but I have faith that everything will work out in the end. So best of luck to you Keith and staff!
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
bluelightning

Post by bluelightning »

It's working now, the .ws but I still cant for the life of me remember my password, I bet it's something really stupid. And the lost password thing still isn't working. Does anyone know if it's OK to send an email to the address that sent the message about moving?
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Somehow I thought, "hey, two ex-staff? ..Maybe it's Kandi and Ender? They are a couple, after all.." when I found out about this all.

I didn't get an email about moving, though o_O. Oh well.

The saddest thing is, from what I remember from Shikoneko and Ender's WikiBeta articles, they have kids irl, don't they? They're setting a really bad example to their children x___x. What a petty thing to hack a site over.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Aidrianna

Post by Aidrianna »

Has anyone been over to .org? Almost every page is MySQL error, it's rather amusing.....
86Hunnie*^

Post by 86Hunnie*^ »

I was just to see if what I heard was true. I went :'( noooooo when I saw them all flooding the donation center.
Hunnie86 on subeta
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I tried to check the newspage of .org and all I get is a blank page, lol.

All I can really say is ... man, I am really glad that my GA expired a day before this so I can stay away from the site without feeling guilty about wasting it. D:
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
scott46493

Post by scott46493 »

Not all of us were so fortunate Mayhem. :(
I'm hoping this gets sorted soon. I have had so many problems in the last 6 months with the site, I am not sure about going back anymore. It's not that I disbelieve Keith, it's just that I don't know what to believe, who to believe, and most of all, the drama, and the connection. It's a shame too...I really liked playing on subeta. Wasted a lot of time on there when I should have been studying. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

I've hardly been logging on since the site kept going up, down and then back a week. If it ever becomes reliable again I'll start being a regular user again, in the mean time I can just see anything I do being wiped out in a roll back.

Subeta seems to have more drama and issues then any website I've ever known. One week its 4chan, then server errors, then a rewrite, then staff issues, then law suits, then who knows what. Sadly its just geting to the point where I've started to stop caring.
buddyblankies

Post by buddyblankies »

I, too, logged out of .org but cannot remember my latest password and as mentioned, the retrieval system isn't working :(... I hope someone on staff will read this and fix that or help those of us with that problem get the email with the reminder :)... BTW, my account is the same name as this one *wink wink* in case anyone can help... I miss my pets :(

Edit: I missed the post about pm'ing Keith and I have now.. hopefully he can put a temp. pw in for me to log in :)
Saiko

Post by Saiko »

And it is at this point that I wonder why the ex-staff even care? Subeta doesn't make a lot of money, it's made of glitch, lag, and everything FAIL, and it's like a less happy version of neopets. Why does anyone want to own it in the first place?
So I happily follow the yellow pixel road back to GaiaOnline, where the site doesn't go offline for no reason and there is no drama going on and people aren't hijacking it.
I'll return when/if the drama ends.

*prepares for flames*
xxcasie5xx

Post by xxcasie5xx »

stinkbomb wrote:Personally I've just about had it with the never ending soap opera. I don't think Keith is ready for sainthood. I don't think the ex-staff are either. I think, as with most things, the truth lies somewhere in the middle of both their accounts. I also think that the truth will never be known by anyone other than the three people directly involved. And after watching the "chan" fiasco and witnessing Keiths less than spectacular PR crisis management skills I no longer give him the benefit of the doubt. I think that subeta is it's own worst enemy. There are far to many egos trying to rule the roost and once again the average user is the one caught in the middle. I, for one, am tired of it. I refuse to spend a single cent on that site again. My account with wither and rot much as I have let my Neopets account wither and rot after the changes and lack of customer service there got to be to much to stomach. There are just too many places for me to spend my freetime that do not add to the stress my offline life already has.

/end rant
I have to say, I totally agree with what you said. Except for the fact that I will not let my account wither and rot. I just hope that this will be fixed in the near future, because I am getting tired of wasting time that I could be using for the better.