Subeta.ws

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
bluelightning

Re: Subeta.ws

Post by bluelightning »

It's been really slow, suppose I'll have to go change my password... again (no wonder I keep forgetting it :( )
Flower

Post by Flower »

So... both sites are down, and they're both displaying the same "downtime" message. Any idea why that is?
Illucoran

Post by Illucoran »

Actually, far as I know, the .ws is down for maintenance, the main site of.org is simply redirecting you to .ws
Do not meddle in the affairs of the dragons for humans are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...
fenrir890

Post by fenrir890 »

Alright, I guess since Keith hasn't really answered, I will say what is happening from what I have seen. First, the downtime issue. Currently, it is simply as Alex states in the message that you are lead to for .ws and.net, they are working on the database though, and Alex actualy posted a news announcement about it before the site went down. He actualy gave an about 2-3 hour notice prior.

Next, the famous question "Will I keep my things?" I have found that there is a LOT of users who keep thinking thatt a glitch occured when they went to .Ws. I will say this once, and only ONCE. After 11am of the day all the drama started, anything you did on .org was not counterd, or transferred over. This includes; Legendaries, Pets, Potions, EVERYTHING. This was done to be very fair after the amount of duplicated angelic potions and legendaries. There were notices on youtube, and SHQ about going to .ws. So if you didn't notice, well, UAs will most likely tell you that you are, for lack of better term, screwed. The only thing they may help out with is if you bought something with paypal, which i do believe Keith will resolve to the best of his abilities (let us hope).

As for now, we just have to wwait for the siteto come back up, and for christ's sake, stay away from .org! It is still possible to get to it through 'the gym vending machine'. Fair warning. /TLDR post
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

.org is not redirecting me to .ws at this point. It remains as it was before, Enderneko-jacked. :P
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Illucoran

Post by Illucoran »

Despite all the warnings, and Fenrir's previous post, and all the people who basically went kamikaze to spread the word on .org I'm betting there'll be SO much drama with people running around screaming how they will never come back to the site that doesn't care about its users once the whole thing is over and the data from the hijacked subeta is overwritten with the data from the actual Subeta. Come on, take the bet, make me a rich man.
Do not meddle in the affairs of the dragons for humans are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...
fenrir890

Post by fenrir890 »

Trust me, I know the pain. Because of the recent database rollback(the backup) I LOST MY BUCKET OF POLAR WATER. T_T Grrr... I wish I could find some way to confirm it even more then the sdimple fact time is clearly showing on it. I bet all I am going to here is "Oh, that could have been edited in paint" Gah, mann.... oh well, at this moment, people need to stay on .ws, since I have heard mixed things about .net.
Fury From Above

Post by Fury From Above »

Hello, I am yet another dork here to ask about this issue, i'm one of the people that still cannot log onto Subeta.ws and it worries me about the password leakage since I can't change my password.

But he's something odd, I just visited Subeta.org and it seems that all the news including the dates, and Keith's posts has been copied and pasted there.
fenrir890

Post by fenrir890 »

Fury, I should say, it is easy to copy-paste, so I wouldn't trust .org right now. Anyways, any password changes you did on .org were not registered on .ws, so it might be your old password.
Fury From Above

Post by Fury From Above »

I know, just thought it was funny.

I only have had one password actually, I've only been on Subeta for about a month or so.
buddyblankies

Post by buddyblankies »

I've tried just about every password I can think I might have used and none work :(, starting to question what exactly is wrong ... I'm really disappointed that this isn't being fixed/looked into - I know they have a lot going on but it's affecting users, poeple like me who do support the site with purchases from the CS, etc... guess until the problem is fixed or someone gets back to me, I'm going to look elsewhere to invest my time and funds
Keith

Post by Keith »

The lost password (and other various parts of the site that use email) should be fixed tomororw, we'll be moving to using Google Apps as our email instead of relying on the sendmail function from the server which (obviously) causes a lot of problems.

There will be a news post about it, but Ill try to remember to run here and remind you guys. :D
buddyblankies

Post by buddyblankies »

Keith wrote:The lost password (and other various parts of the site that use email) should be fixed tomororw, we'll be moving to using Google Apps as our email instead of relying on the sendmail function from the server which (obviously) causes a lot of problems.

There will be a news post about it, but Ill try to remember to run here and remind you guys. :D
Thank you Keith, I appreciate the uodate :).. can only get so much from the news posts and this is the only way to contact you since I can't log into the site to smail UA's even.
bluelightning

Post by bluelightning »

fenrir890 wrote:It is still possible to get to it through 'the gym vending machine'.
Yea that happened to me. I accidently clicked on that instead of the training gym and got logged out. So logged back in then realised I was on org. Be careful. I've changed my pw now also
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

So, wait, is .net the real Subeta, too?

If I'm going to reset my bookmarks should I reset them to .ws or .net?

Or should I just wait?