Subeta.ws

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
RetroDoll

Re: Subeta.ws

Post by RetroDoll »

After reading this entire thread, Pownce, and the *cough*crap*cough* over on .org I'm more than a little disgusted at the way Ender and Neko have retaliated. Their lack of maturity and idiocy in this drama has really bothered me. I never really cared for Ender at all anytime I saw posts/comments from him, but now my opinion of him has sunk much, much lower.

I do hope that Keith plans on taking legal action.

Keith, if you're reading this, I'm sure I could find you a lawyer (my husband works with about 10 of them and they know lawyers in most of the US).
bluelightning

Post by bluelightning »

I suggest I have my password back so I can log in lol :o I want to take part in that book thingy

Actually I have a suggestion but I dunno how to explain it. I think it would be good to have things to collect for doing certain "tasks" around the site. Like on neo they give out avatars for doing things like feeding you pet something or collecting items etc etc. Could have one for reading so many books to your pet, or feeding a certain amount of minions in the bubbles or just by owning an expensive item (lol)

But not avatars since there are different avatars on sub, I just cant think right now what the items you get could be, they would have to be non-tradeable of course, something that stays on your account to show everyone that you've done those things

I dunno if this would be copying too much too, but it would be fun. And I probably didn't explain it well enough so nobody knows what I'm on about *sigh*
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Add it to stickers.

Also, freakin' allow me to turn off sticker-receiving! Or take them out by junking them! Honestly. Something that other people can do to affect my profile should be something I can opt out of. I can choose to prevent non-friends from sending me items. I should be able to block people from sending me damned stickers.
Image Image
Illucoran

Post by Illucoran »

Yeah, an option of "closing your sticker album" or something would be good, I don't think that many people would use it but it should be there.

Bluelightning, you mean like trophies? We have a few of thoes, for collecting cards, plushies, beanbags, tiles, releasing pets from the bubbles on Atebus, winning at krypts or potion lottery, beating a specific enemy in the battledome and recently there was one for the restock war... (and there's of course the GA one) though I suppose there could be some more of them based on other achievements. Also, accessing Blue Building earns you bragging rights.

What I'd like to see would be some more seasonal events that we could participate in, something a bit like the Altador Cup over at Neo, also, we have all those neat sides and factions, like the SAI or the Gypsies, Maleria, Oracle and Shinwa, Blackmoon and Phoenix but they remain largely unused, heck, the cursed quest would be wonderful to build in on itself, I'd like to see the actual conflict between Mori and Nori being reflected in something (I mean, that the choice between the light and dark quest would affect the place somehow, maybe on a monthly basis?). And of course more games, I would in fact love to see the body of sP earning moved from quests and restocking to games, though there is the unsolved problem of flash being inherently hackable.
Do not meddle in the affairs of the dragons for humans are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...
buddyblankies

Post by buddyblankies »

I wish too I could get my password... I realise they've had a lot going on but not being able to retrieve it is frustrating... as well as having pm'd Keith and still unable to get into the site...
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

According to SubetaDrama, there is malware on the homepage of subeta.org. In other words - don't go there!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
bluelightning

Post by bluelightning »

Ugh I lost everything I wrote coz it... just didn't work... and I am not writing it all out again. So I'll shorten it *kicks internet*

More events would be good, like the restocking war etc

I didn't mean like trophies and I am NOT trying to aimlessly explain myself again, so lets forget that idea

And my bro says the message I got meant that the email address doesn't exist.

EDIT: I finally got in!!!!! I remembered my password, OK i didn't it was more like trying random things and hoping for the best... and it didn't even have anything to do with soup like I thought it did :shock:

...but I keep getting logged out sometimes
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

Maybe we should start a new thread for "what we want to see" and just keep this one for updates regarding the .ws vs .org situation? Just a suggestion. C:
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Keith

Post by Keith »

If you could do that, I'd really appreciate it. We're working on a few things right now (kind of like how I stayed up until 5:30 this morning doing things XD)

Because now that I'm focused and motivated, and not worried about other things, I'm really trying to pump out things that people want. So yeah, that'd be nice. (I'll also be setting up a 'special' area in the suggestion center for ideas in this time, tonight, when I make a huge address to all the users)
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Seerow wrote:According to SubetaDrama, there is malware on the homepage of subeta.org. In other words - don't go there!
Does anyone have any idea how long it might have been there, or what the file actually was? I went back on a few days ago to help warn users to get off, and then I ran a virus scan on my entire harddrive (found 1 trogan and a couple of viruses, but they could have come from anywhere given how long it's been since I scanned); I just want to know if I should still be looking for something.
Illucoran

Post by Illucoran »

I'm not really detecting anything there on access... and HijackThis shows nothing suspicious, I'll do an in depth scan later... hmm... is .org supposed to redirect to .ws now? :>

Edit: Could've been just me, now I can't get to .ws again... guess another evening without questing, I have so much free time in the evenings nowadays XD
Do not meddle in the affairs of the dragons for humans are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...
klaatu99

Post by klaatu99 »

There's something going on at .org, I just went there thru a different page and some person with the name of SinSider just posted a huge list of user names and passwords on the news comments. So if you've logged on over there recently, change your password NOW.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Feed Us Please!

KlaatuWolf on Subeta
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

argh.goddamn...I logged in recently. The sites down.

Edit: Changed my .ws info too. Accepts the pass, and pin , but it wont let me stay logged in.

Edit 2: So, the .org site now redirects to .ws..a win?
Image Image
ImageImage
Illucoran

Post by Illucoran »

Good news though, it's a set of username-password combinations but without the PIN, personally I would suspect this to be the old leaked passwords from sometimes like a year ago but I'm not going to check.

Edit: A win? Maybe, though I'd personally trade the redirect for a more stable service. I was able to do item hunt in the brief window the site was working just now... I suspect in about 10-15 minutes I'll get another 5 minutes window... when I noticed it was working I was hoping it would stay up long enough to at least let me do Saggi and Wizzie...

Edit2: and it's up again...
Last edited by Illucoran on 15 Jul 2008 06:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teera

Post by Teera »

According to an SDer(I haven't seen the post myself), the list is from the chan raids a year ago, so the information should be outdated.

The passwords on .org and .ws are separate, anyway. If you've changed your password on .ws, you should be okay even if they had posted .org passwords.