Keith asks: What do users want?

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Re: Keith asks: What do users want?

Post by Sunwolf »

A Vending Machine that gave out items from the Holiday Shop would be awesome.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

A few.. perhaps minor things, I don't know. They bug me.

a) I'm all right with the cash shop points being listed in the login-sP-pet info in the corner; I understand wanting to point people over in that direction a lot. But they're not layered well in IE; the cash shop line is slightly over the the vault line.

b) The new pet-friends feature is adorable. But I definitely don't want some of my pets to have friends. However, their lookups still say "Friends" at the bottom, *and* it's really big. I haven't looked through CSS yet to see if this is something I can turn off (like how I hide the "Pets Treasures" line because the lack of an apostrophe irks me). Edit: fiiiine, I had the day off so I relaxed my stance long enough to at least glance at it, and it's quite easy to get rid of. But the other parts of b are important!

b sub 1) The pets in the friends box are scooted to the left. They should be centered. Again, I didn't check any CSS for it. (I've been setting algebra equations day in and day out. They look enough like code that the very idea of working CSS makes me blanch.)

b sub 2) The images used for the Friends are, like the profile pet images, poorly shrunk. I spent time on my profiles; I don't want to add pixelated images to them. This, more than anything, might make me remove most of the friends I've added to my pets.
Image Image
Keith

Post by Keith »

I can promise that hair on it's own layer IS coming to the main site (soon!) along with another added bit that will make everyone very VERY very happy ;)
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

What would make me happy, like whoa, is for the way galleries display their items to go back to the way it was before. Or for us to be able to order them at will.

I just really dislike the way it is now for galleries, not so much for shops, where it really isn't that important in the great scheme of things. Before, even though we couldn't order things at will, because they were ordered alphabetically most things were close to items of their general hue. Now, with everything ordered by release, many different colors and shades of things are all muddled about together, which isn't nearly so attractive, and which therefore kinda defeats the purpose of galleries of attractive things. =D

If it really does speed things up so much more the way it is now, could perhaps a compromise be reached? If shops stayed the new way, and galleries were set that way by default, with an option in the edit shop menu to go back to the way it was before, then most of the site would have the new coding, and only those people who really are particular about the way their items look would use the old coding.

So maybe it would work? Because Subeta has so very many prettyful items and I do so want to be able to show them off to their greatest advantage. *hopeful*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Keith wrote:I can promise that hair on it's own layer IS coming to the main site (soon!) along with another added bit that will make everyone very VERY very happy ;)
Happy dance!

Here's a thought: make it so that we can put our pets in the resort for more than 2 weeks at a time? Especially now that a lot of people have a few more extra pet slots?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I would like it if depositing money in the bank didn't require me to enter a PIN. I like typing my PIN just fine for withdrawing money--that's a good safety. But, y'know, on the off-chance someone sneaks in to my account, I don't mind terribly if they put money in my bank.
Image Image
DoMeRight

Post by DoMeRight »

Well, we need more people pumping money into the cash shop, so we can expand the site.
Maybe give people an incentive to buy from the cash shop.

Like a point system(yes, another one) it could resemble the Recycle Beast shop where each item you put in gives you a point to buy something out of the shop, except with this you would earn a point for each dollar you spent in the Cash shop. Like $1.00 = 1 point. To then purchase an item out of the "Cash Point Shop".
Last edited by DoMeRight on 23 Jul 2008 06:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"May you see the world through your own eyes, may you seek your own truth." ~Me
Just a little prayer for all of you.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Been working extra hard to layer those Wigs? Yell at the wardrobe every time you get a new backdrop, and your hair covers it up? Well, now hair is it's own layer, and you can move it around freely ! Move it above your wig, below it, behind that backdrop, or don't wear any hair at all. Now it's all up to you
Right from the home news. (since I can't seem to load the news page for some reason)

WOW. O_O I can finally make those damn outfits I've been looking forward to making.
klaatu99

Post by klaatu99 »

Something else I'd like to see, if it's at all possible. When you go to edit items in your shop/gallery being able to sort by the categories you've set up, or selecting items that have no category set at all. It's a bit of a pain to sort thru 20 pages of items to put three items in their proper spots.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Feed Us Please!

KlaatuWolf on Subeta
Chandi

Post by Chandi »

Hair being made a layer was great, and I agree with quite a few suggestions here, especially about ordering galleries.

However, would it be possible to make the actual body of the avatar a layer? There are several great background-type items that layer stuff over the body that are a little bothersome - such as the Snowflakes. If you want the avatar to show any skin, you have to put up with white dots and swirls. Some other items create effects like that. It'd be great if we could have the body as a layer, so these things can be put completely behind as a background.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

It would be great if there was a shopping carts of sorts in the CS. I was buying some stuff out of there yesterday and had to keep going back to the page after each purchase. It would be nice if I could click how many of an item I want (and different types of items as well) and just do one large purchase.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

It would be really cool if the blank sections in the profiles stayed put when I ordered them. At the moment, I'm unable to use the coding for my lookup because it uses two blank sections in separate columns that have to be in order, so...
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

How about backups taken in a timely manner, or taken correctly? At first it was "server crashed, so we're going to do a backup of a few seconds", then it was "ten minutes", and now it's "30 minutes." Fixing whatever the hell this problem is would go a long way in keeping user trust.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

At least this issue is rare... although quite irksome. But even more than that....
Subeta wrote:Subeta's normal downtime occurs when the database server gets flooded with so many requests that it begins to fall behind
I love the concept of "normal downtime." Those two words paired up implies quite a lot about what we expect from Subeta.
Image Image
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I want another gallery. I'm probably the only one :P

I agree with everything said about shop/gallery organizing. I hate to bring it up, but yeah, a gallery system like Neopets' would be awesome.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}