Keith asks: What do users want?

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Keith asks: What do users want?

Post by Jessi »

I am torn about the pet slot thing. I think it would be nice for there to be an easier way, but I also think it'd be unfair to the users that have shelled out either hundreds of dollars, or millions of SP either way (or in Lindsey's case, spent several of her artist paychecks xD). If they're going to make an easier way for users to get pet slots, I think it should be limited to one or two - not being able to get the ten extra you can get with plushies - and I think people that have used plushies up to the max should be able to add on these extra pet slots themselves if they want to (so for example, right now you can have 10 with a gold account or 20 with all the plushies used - so be able to have 12 if you don't want to shell out money for plushies, or have 22 if you did). I Think that's the ONLY way to make it fair for all users - I know I'd be pissed if suddenly pet slots were readily available.

Oops, almost forgot - I too would like to see a way to turn stickers off, or to only accept them from friends. I would like to have like, 3 stickers on my profile (DUMBO!) but that's really about it.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I think the pet slot thing is a difficult issue, I definitely feel that the plushies are much too expensive, lowering the price in the cash shop would, understandably, piss off users who had already bought them. So if you do lower them, maybe just by $10-$20, or perhaps now and again have like a Cash Shop "Sale", that kind of stuff happens all the time in "real life".

And in response to what Keith said about the vaults, I think catagorising them ourselves would work fine, if not better, because we may items for a future pets treasures or something, so we could make our own catagory for those, I think that would be very useful!

Hair as its own layer, definetely.

As has been mentioned before, I think we should have maps for the places on the Subeta map, if that makes sense. Like on Neopets, they've got Neopia, but if you click on say, Altador, that has it's own mini-map as well. I think that would be really good, and would definitely make the Subeta World seem more "real".

And I'd like to see more pet colours ^^ I know that's probably not a priority right now, but new colours are always fun ^^
Keshi~

Post by Keshi~ »

Fury From Above wrote: Poses for mood or fighting-but I know that would take a lot; but Neopets even at the early stages was able to do it.
Compare Neopets art quality to Subetas.. it would seriously take a long time, especially to do every pet, and every colour, with ever mood you want.
The art on Subets goes through a lot behind the scenes before you guys see it.
shadowgem
Human Avatar: 71636

Post by shadowgem »

klaatu99 wrote:One thing that I'd like to see is the ability to put stickers in our own albums. Yes, I know this has been mentioned before. But for those folks who don't have that many friends on Subeta, or no friends at all, they have almost no chance of adding stickers unless they want to trust someone for a sticker exchange, and with the prices on some of the rarer stickers, that's not very likely.
Why not set up a NC sticker exchange then? I'm sure most NCers trust each other, right? :P Most of my sticker album has been added by only one or two of my friends, and I've got dozens of the little buggers already. (I give stickers right back to them, as I restock them). It only really takes one or two good "sticker buddies" to get a good album going. :) If we could add our own stickers, it'd just be another beanbag/plushie/trading card/tile thing, which would be kinda boring.

Anyway, back to suggestions for Keith. xD

Going along with the Skin layer for tattoos, I'd love for you to consider making a new wardrobe layer JUST for wigs. Wigs are clogging up the Head layer. Sometimes I want to wear a wig and three Head accessories, and I can't do it. :(

I also vote for mass removal of items from a shop/gallery.

Here's one: pleeeease fix the "Fushia" Cache and Timid eyes. Please! I've told Amber and DNA about them on two separate occasions. The eyes are still broken. :( HQ has those eyes in the HA Gen, and I think they said that it was because the overlays for those two eye styles are named wrong. As in like, fuchsia instead of "fushia" (which also irritates me, because it's spelled wrong. Just call the eyes pink if you can't spell fuchsia. :P)

I'd personally love the glitch with Blank sections on the V2 profiles to be fixed. You know, the one where if you want to have more than one Blank, it totally screws up your section order and won't let you put sections where you want them. ;)
neopets (still full of fail) ~:~ subeta
Avatar drawn for me by Subeta user SHOZZYKiNS
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

MRBboy2005 wrote:Perhaps for NPC interaction with users? I like them being a "part" of the site. If you don't have time to be them, hire people to, live a virtual Disneyland of sorts...
That already happened. I don't know if they're still around, I haven't been to the forums in a while. But I believe there were a few NPC accounts that were played by UA/AAs.

I cant think of anything right now. That's always the way, you have ideas, but when you're asked for them you cant think of anything.

I'd like to second the hair as a layer thing, but I know that's already done on the recode website.

It'd be nice to see some new colours for the pets too, I really like some of the ideas Misticpets have, but I don't like their art. Overgrown and Storm are two colours that I really like and I put a suggestion about them sorts of colours in the suggestion area before Misticpets was around.

ImageImage

I know Subeta doesn't like taking ideas from other websites, but it'd be nice if similar colours were available on Subeta.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Um, "ethnic" HA hairstyles?

There's a major lacking of these with any type of basic customization. I know there are braids, but not pigtail braids.
microbraids.

Image <---points

That might be too detailed, but even a set of long cornrows for both genders would be nice.

And the classic Afro-puffs.

I'm not crazy about most of the subeta hairstyles. They're so bone straight.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I'm about as white as you can get in real life(pale wise that is) and I love the afro-puff hair you showed! I would so use that on an HA. Cornrows are really cool too. I second that idea very enthusiastically.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

*laughs* for those of you who haven't seen yet, Keith kind of used my idea xD
The Mystical Donadak Plushie and Mystical Montre Plushie have been lowered by $20 each in the Cash Shop !

For those of you who have previously used one of these amazing plushies, you've been given 2 extra pet slots. That means that you can have a total of 22 slots ONLY if you've used one of these in the past !

(The limit using the plushies is still 20 )
So yay, two extra pet slots :D I am excited!
Vertalus

Post by Vertalus »

We need a Nightmare Darkonite and a Nightmare Telenine.
A repose for old Bloodred and darkmatter pets. ie:Darkonite

More Darkonite items.(I like them)
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Yay, two extra pet slots for me, too, since I was able to get a hold of a Mystical Montre Plushie a long while ago!

...of course, I have to now save up 6 mil for a 1-month Gold Account medal. xD;; But that seems far more obtainable than a FIFTY MILLION Montre Plushie. Thanks, Keith!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

The extra pet slots surprised me immensely. But I'm very, very glad of them. That's the kind of customer service I can really appreciate.

Now please fix stickers.
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I love my two extra slots and was very very pleased that he gave them too us.

I gotta say, I'm incredibly thrilled with the amount of updates and additions we've been having for the past few days! With the site pretty much dead when it came to new features for a while, its very refreshing to have new stuff to do now. I'm glad to see the site so busy :D

It isn't really a new feature per se, but I'd like to see the old trophies get updated. The new ones are so shiny and look out of place amongst all the old ones like the Sandcastle and Plushie trophies.

It would also be nice if on the Wishlist search page, when you search for an item, it doesn't bring up /everyone/ who wants it. If you do a wishlist search for some of the more popular items, you're likely to freeze your browser since it brings up all the users on one page. Cutting it down to say 20 or so users a page might be nice and would save on load times.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

When I search wishlists, I would like there to be a way to show only my friends. I can only imagine how much of a pain that would be to code and implement, but I'd still like it, hehe.
Image Image
Elzaim

Post by Elzaim »

I'm very grateful for the two extra pet slots... but I can't seem to access them. I tried to adopt a new pet only to get an error message that says 'you already own 12 pets!'.

I've used both a montre and two donadack plushies before - why can't I adopt on my new pet slots??
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Elzaim wrote:I'm very grateful for the two extra pet slots... but I can't seem to access them. I tried to adopt a new pet only to get an error message that says 'you already own 12 pets!'.

I've used both a montre and two donadack plushies before - why can't I adopt on my new pet slots??
You have to have an active GA to use the two extra slots :)

And I didn't think about that, but that would be a nice feature to add to Wishlists too Ty!
I'd like a way to organize wishlists as well. That way I could put the items I really wanted at the top, where they are most likely to be seen by anyone who happened to want to gift me or whatever. I dunno if that would be feasible or not, but it would be rather neat if it was possible.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.