Keith asks: What do users want?

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Keith asks: What do users want?

Post by Mayhem »

Just as the title says! Keith has asked what we want to see on Subeta. :D

What do you want to see? What do you think could be improved? Now is the time to tell!

------------------------

Some things I'd like to see...

* A way to categorize my vault. Seriously. Especially with the book drive going on, it's hard to sort through pages and pages of items, trying to pick out the books. Pick some popular categories (books, toys, clothes, ingredients, potions, weapons, etc.) and have them in a drop-down box. Yes, Neopets-ish, but it's a really handy thing to have. D:

* As others have mentioned, a way to take out shop items more than one at a time! A way to mass-unload a shop or gallery would be great, too.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
klaatu99

Re: Keith asks: What do users want?

Post by klaatu99 »

One thing that I'd like to see is the ability to put stickers in our own albums. Yes, I know this has been mentioned before. But for those folks who don't have that many friends on Subeta, or no friends at all, they have almost no chance of adding stickers unless they want to trust someone for a sticker exchange, and with the prices on some of the rarer stickers, that's not very likely.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Feed Us Please!

KlaatuWolf on Subeta
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

There are just suggestions/pleas for preexisting features and items.

I would really, really, really appreciate it if the common potion were fixed. ;) There are also a few books with corrupt image files (Bluebook, Female Human Avatar Manual, How to Draw, Male Human Avatar Manual); to read any of them now I have to log into my account on IE (since my version of Firefox doesn't even offer a broken image link to click on).

Also, could you possibly tweak the Ocean Depths VM to give out more expensive items? I know it already gives out a legendary, but hardly ever go there anymore because all I ever vend from it are cheap Clothing Rack/Accessory Bin items. Considering it's the one VM you can only access if you've completed the Uncharted Lab Map, I've been hoping for something more worthwhile from it.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I'd like to see the homepage fixed XD The Games and Trades links have been broken since it was revamped. I think those are the only two left to be fixed, the others were all changed right away.

And as Officer mentioned, items that have no images should really be fixed too. They are a pain in the butt to deal with.

Edit:
Ohh, how could I forget to include this! Please free up the pet names soon!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

I would like the tile game updated, there are at least two species not included in there, some of the species names are wrong(turdle and otter are still there, if I remember correctly), and the images on the tiles are really outdated.
Image Image Image Image Image
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I would like to see the password recovery fixed.

I'd also like to see trophies for all the games, especially for Decanter of Indestructibility since I'm in the top 3 and get an event every night saying I've earned a trophy.

I also agree with the suggestions for the vault and shops.
bluelightning

Post by bluelightning »

Totally agree with the vault thing, and the sticker thing, I have no freinds

And also more games

And the donation centre is broke (don't think I've see this mentioned), when I click on an item it says it was already taken and when I go back the items are still there. Also it says there's 5 items or something when there's about 12, usually all the same thing

I bought a chibi kerubi plushie, and there was a pic in the persons shop but when I went to my inventory the pic was gone and there was just the name. There's other items like that too but I forgot them all
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I would like to see the NPCs developed into "real" people. I'm not talking about the site wide roleplay that was going on, but more of like each character having a real story and background that is written out somewhere. This is one area where Neopets has done a decent job. Subeta needs more of a "story" or history that makes it seem like more of a real place (that exists in a galaxy far far away or whatever).

I would love to see the broken stuff fixed like others have mentioned as well as a bigger variety of games. I know Flash is easily compromised, but there has to be some way to make the games portion of the site more entertaining. While on the subject of games, I would like to see them pay out a bit better. 400 sP for a game of Tiles is just paltry when you look at the Subeta economy.

I would love if the pets had different poses(yes, I know that it is very much like Neopets) for different moods. In Battle especially I think it would be cool to see my pet all fierce and amped up if they win or all banged up if they lost.

I wouldn't be opposed to some new colors for the pets as well. I feel the need to apologize to the artists right about now because my last two suggestions would be a huge pain the ass for them if they went through.....Sorry Guys!

SD has a thread for things people feel need to be revamped. Maybe an onsite board for that would be good?

The T&C needs a looking over and some things need to be clarified or just plain changed. On that same line of thought, all of the rules for the site need to be put in one easy to find place. As it is right now, they are scattered about and there seems to be confusion on a semi-regular basis about some rules (forum set measurements, what constitutes harassment, NFT trades and what that means, etc). There also needs to be an explicit list of what the punishment system is so nobody can cry ignorance. I've been playing for over a year now and I'm sure there are some rules that I either don't know about or am fuzzy on the details about.

I agree with Ty about the stickers. We need an option to turn off our sticker album or destroy unwanted ones or maybe even an option of "no thank you" when someone sends us one that would send it back to them. I love getting stickers from friends, but I now have like 4 of one and 2 of another and then random singles. For someone like me who has serious issues with things not being symmetrical, it makes me twitch trying to "balance" my album. If we had a no thank you type of option, I could have sent some of the unbalanced ones back to the sender with a polite note saying thank you, but no thanks.

The new battle system that Dokuja wrote about in the forums and news the other day sounds really, really cool and would make me so much more into battling. It would open up all kinds of new fun things to do onsite, so I guess I would like to see the new battling system worked on and rolled out sometime soon. :)

(wow this has gotten long and I feel kinda greedy, but hey, he asked!)

I know it is supposed to be addressed in the recode, but hair as its own layer would be just fantastic. I'd also like a layer called "skin" for all the tattoos being released. That way I don't have to use up one of my slots for the other body parts for a tiny tattoo. (example: I want to use the I heart mom tattoo. Right now it would use up an arm slot...I think arm is the layer its on. If we had a skin layer, I could use one of those slots and still have my arm ones free for accessorizing). Either that, or maybe a tattoo shop like the Atebus Tanning Salon where we pay for a tattoo and it stays until we change our HA base and doesn't take up any clothing layers.

A resale shop of some sort for all the "worthless" clothing items would be nice. I know the Recycle Beast asks for clothing sometimes, but there still seems to be a plethora of really cheap clothing floating around. By cheap, I mean far less than what you pay for it in the regular shops even. It could work on a basis like the Recycle Beast where you get points for every item donated which can be redeemed for other cool items, or it could be like the pawn shop where you get a small amount of sP for each item, only in this case they go poof and are no longer even in the system driving down the values.

Several months ago Keith had mentioned possibly adding ads to the site and making different account levels. IIRC, the basic would be just like a regular account now, but would have small ads; the next level up would be like a regular account(blue icon) but with no ads and then Gold would have the extra quests, autopricer and such it does now and no ads either. I think this is a fantastic idea. If I had to buy a "silver" account for $2.50 and not see any ads, I would gladly do so. Or if I was feeling poor, I could always suck it up and see ads while spending $0 cash. Either way, the site would get some extra(and much needed ) money. I know Keith had also said the servers are about to get much more expensive to maintain every month, so I figure a few ads won't kill me and if they bug me enough I could always fork over a reasonable amount for the "no ads" level of participation.

Last but not least....I would really like to see the maps and "city" pages get updated to be more appealing and pretty. This goes back to making Subeta seem more real. Maybe even new places to go to or adding stuff to the areas that are somewhat barren would help. Adding the fragmentizer to the beach was a good start. I guess just adding more stuff to do would always be a plus in my book.

Sorry for the extreme length. Hope it helps spark the creative juices for some staff or other members so we can have the best Subeta we can.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

shaelyn76 wrote:I agree with Ty about the stickers. We need an option to turn off our sticker album or destroy unwanted ones or maybe even an option of "no thank you" when someone sends us one that would send it back to them. I love getting stickers from friends, but I now have like 4 of one and 2 of another and then random singles. For someone like me who has serious issues with things not being symmetrical, it makes me twitch trying to "balance" my album. If we had a no thank you type of option, I could have sent some of the unbalanced ones back to the sender with a polite note saying thank you, but no thanks.
I didn't even know you could get duplicates. That would frustrate me no end. The sticker album needs some attention before it can be a worthwhile part of the site.
Image Image
Keith

Post by Keith »

Alright, I'm reading through this right now, but first I'd like to say thank you :3 It's a big help when there is one place that I can find things like this, because then I can work through the possible things.
A way to categorize my vault. Seriously. Especially with the book drive going on, it's hard to sort through pages and pages of items, trying to pick out the books. Pick some popular categories (books, toys, clothes, ingredients, potions, weapons, etc.) and have them in a drop-down box. Yes, Neopets-ish, but it's a really handy thing to have. D:
The problem with this is that when we did that item rollback, most item 'category' information was lost. About 70% of the items are now 'Atebus Food' XD. While Amber has been going through them when she retires/unretires items, etc, it's been mostly a slow process (And will continue to be slow) since we have 14,000+ items at this point, I think. @_@ I might make it so that it'll be like ushops, where you can choose a category that you've named.
There are also a few books with corrupt image files (Bluebook, Female Human Avatar Manual, How to Draw, Male Human Avatar Manual); to read any of them now I have to log into my account on IE (since my version of Firefox doesn't even offer a broken image link to click on).
Any broken items, you can message Amber about, and she'll try and find the artist who has the images for it ^_^ She's usually pretty good about replying, and getting things done. (I know that you've probably reported it to DNA, Debilee, etc in the past, but just one more time for Amber)
I would like to see the NPCs developed into "real" people. I'm not talking about the site wide roleplay that was going on, but more of like each character having a real story and background that is written out somewhere. This is one area where Neopets has done a decent job. Subeta needs more of a "story" or history that makes it seem like more of a real place (that exists in a galaxy far far away or whatever).
The SubetaPedia is actually finished, with small stories about most of the NPCs. Since Luxe was just rehired, I'm going to let her go over it and make sure that it's ready for release, then it'll be out :)
The T&C needs a looking over and some things need to be clarified or just plain changed. On that same line of thought, all of the rules for the site need to be put in one easy to find place. As it is right now, they are scattered about and there seems to be confusion on a semi-regular basis about some rules (forum set measurements, what constitutes harassment, NFT trades and what that means, etc). There also needs to be an explicit list of what the punishment system is so nobody can cry ignorance. I've been playing for over a year now and I'm sure there are some rules that I either don't know about or am fuzzy on the details about.
Another thing that is basically done. Right now we've got a FEW more things to look out for in the rule center (Along with a few huge rule changes coming around in the future) but there is a (mostly) completed rule center. :)

A lot of the other suggestions are valid, and something that I'll look at when I'm working on new things :D
Fury From Above

Post by Fury From Above »

I love the idea of NPC's having their own stories and such, but seems you are already working on that.

Houses-but you guys are already working on that

Maybe more activities or games that a certain pet can be engaged with. For now it seems Subeta is a little too item based, even many of the popular games and activities revolve around getting items. But to be honest I have no idea what other things can be done besides gathering items and training. Hmm maybe a "skill" that is useful both inside and outside of battle?

Poses for mood or fighting-but I know that would take a lot; but Neopets even at the early stages was able to do it.

A better spell system-I know plenty of people will be mad at this since it means their scrolls might become useless-but still old spells can be incorporated. But to have many more useful spells that are strategically balanced rather than ones that just "barely freeze".

If we cannot have flash games, then maybe interactive flash graphics could help. At first I didn't believe the claim that flash games could be hacked easily, but then I found footage on Youtube of Neopets games being hacked to reap in insanely high scores.

Fixing the battle match up system; and then afterward battling tournaments for certain pet levels(so everyone can participate).

I might think of some more later. :3
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Hair as a layer. Also, hair as a layer. Did I mention hair as a layer? ;-)

Alternately, cheap wigs of all the current hairstyles so we can make a hair a layer by being bald with a wig.

I know we'll get this someday in the recode, but I want to use my pretty backgrounds now!
Fury From Above

Post by Fury From Above »

Oh yeah I forgot that, of course! It annoys me that I cannot use backgrounds due to having an avvie with long hair.

Also so that there is a back button back to place page rather than the Explore map. And having the places illustrated.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Perhaps for NPC interaction with users? I like them being a "part" of the site. If you don't have time to be them, hire people to, live a virtual Disneyland of sorts...
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Can there be possibly an easier way to get more pet slots? Spending months just trying to get that one item isn't fun, it's work. Maybe you can get a pet slot via work, but not with so much time...