Cash Shop Overhaul

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Cash Shop Overhaul

Post by Officer 1BDI »

The cash shop has been revamped to a credit based system (similar to how Neopets' mall is run): you buy x number of credits and then spend those credits on any item available in the shop. Keith has also given every user 250 ($2.50 worth) free credits.

Personally, I'm OK with the new system, although it doesn't currently look like there's any way to buy credits by mailing in cash. :( The free credits is are a really nice bonus. There are credit gift cards available, too, which I might end up investing in rather than succumbing to PayPal (assuming users can sell them on the site).
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 17 Jul 2008 05:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Cash Shop Overhaul

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm very willing to be on board with the new credit system because of the 250 free credits. I'm happy to be so easily bought.

[EDIT] Although, apparently, they need to add a confirmation pop-up or screen or something? A lot of people are complaining of accidentally purchasing something.
Image Image
Keith

Post by Keith »

You'll be able to mail in soon, I need to get a PO box because I've been getting creeeepy letters.

Also, there is a confirmation popup when you try to buy something o_O
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I haven't tried--just been seeing a lot of "augh, I accidentally bought X" in the avatar forum.
Image Image
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I really like this system. It makes the whole purchasing multiple items easier. Multiple like as in different items. Earlier today I bought a couple DPs and a Vintage Hat box and it took a bit of time to go through each screen at Paypal and then get routed back to my inventory, then click back to the cash shop to buy the next item. This really streamlines things. I also like the free 250 credits. I too am easily bought it would seem :)
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
klaatu99

Post by klaatu99 »

Much love for the new cash shop system. But damn you Keith for making me have to try and decide what I want to get with my free 250 credits. :)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Feed Us Please!

KlaatuWolf on Subeta
moonsyne

Post by moonsyne »

I'm hoping for a $20 increment card.
Image Image
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

I used my credits to get the Lovely Vintage Hat Box.
I got the Strands of Walnut Chevelure Wig I wanted so yay :o
Not all who wander are lost.
Helmcargh

Post by Helmcargh »

Ummm there is something wrong with this system. Very wrong. I purchased two donation presents and a mysterious costume trunk a few days ago and all I got was 3 credit points. WTF?! That's over $10 (AUS$) of my money for nothing. This better be fixed.

Edit: All fixed! And I have to say I'm impressed with how quickly it was dealt with. Mbif was very helpful.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I know this thread is aging, but I really want to see a 250 point card. Some people just like to buy one Donation Present at a time, dangit! >_<
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage