Trivia Talk

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: Trivia Talk

Post by Wingsrising »

I liked it, myself. Much nicer than those random "hunt for the sequence somewhere on the site" puzzles.

I solved past the point where I knew what went in the box (just to check my work) but I didn't solve the entire puzzle. I like that game, but not THAT much.

(I already have the corset but wouldn't mind another to sell at a later date...)
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I made myself solve the entire puzzle, even after I thought I'd found the answer, and I'm glad I did because doing so let me know that I actually screwed up the first time. >_>

I'm a bit surprised they didn't actually include instructions for this puzzle since I don't think everyone's familiar with them; I'm only aware of their existance because they're a big hit at my school.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I solved the entire thing, to check my initial guess and because I enjoy these kinds of puzzles. I assume, then, that I got the right answer, although with my splitting headache, I wouldn't put it past myself to have made some sort of stupid mistake. This was a fun trivia! I enjoyed it.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Damnit! I spelled the name of the pet wrong! I even though about checking before I submitted, but I was like, "No, I think that's right." Ugh!!

I guess it doesn't matter much, I don't want the prize.
Image Image Image
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Ahaha, I really liked this trivia. It's... different. XD (And the little chibi pet heads are so cute!)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Agreed with Officer, I think they should have included the rules or given a link to rules found elsewhere. Heck, some people probably don't even know the name of the game so it would be hard to even look up rules on google. Only reason I know how to play was because it was one of those game master challenges on Neo.

I'll maybe work it out later if I'm bored. Nice to see something different though, yay!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Aww! So cute! I guessed.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Seerow wrote:Agreed with Officer, I think they should have included the rules or given a link to rules found elsewhere. Heck, some people probably don't even know the name of the game so it would be hard to even look up rules on google. Only reason I know how to play was because it was one of those game master challenges on Neo.
Even if you're working from zero, there's still something to work with. It was really obvious straight after they put the trivia up, but you could still check pretty easily.
Seerow wrote:Nice to see something different though, yay!
Actually, yeah. It's pretty creative. =)
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

It's nice to see something different. :D I'm working it out now, but House is distracting. And my brain hurts. I don't want to start over for the third time. XD For a while there, I even forgot what the prize was. I just wish they'd use something else for the pictures. All the little faces are starting to look the same to me. I think using the potions would have been a better idea; then at least they're all different colors.

Edit: Ah, finally got it. :D Mindless video games work wonders.
Last edited by TCStarwind on 10 Jan 2009 09:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Yay for something different!

The way I worked it, I didn't solve the ? box until I was almost done, so I finished it. Even if I had gotten the ? fairly early on I still would've solved the whole thing. I'm anal retentive that way.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I'd never actually done one of these types of puzzles before, and figured I'd shrug it off, but I gave it a try and it was pretty fun. Hope I got it right.
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

I thought everyone knew this puzzle. Since this is so easy and the trivias are up forever now, it will probaly kill the resale value on the corset. Part of my Subeta fortune was made reselling trivia prizes. Maybe I'll sell mine now while they are still worth something. I'm such a greedy thing :P
Not all who wander are lost.
Ayasha
Human Avatar: 352052

Post by Ayasha »

I personally hate this puzzle, so this wasn't all that fun for me. Still, it's very creative and I'd like to see more trivias like this... just not in the form of this puzzle. XD
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I edited some posts because I am afraid that staff might see it as giving hints. Just remember that they can be really strict with trivia stuff. I don't like editing posts because it makes me feel like a dictator, but I also don't want a bunch of NCers to get in trouble. PM me if you want to discuss it.
Image Image
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

You know, I think I'm on my tenth try, and I still haven't gotten it. I suck at these.

That said, it's nice to have something this different.