Trivia Talk

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Trivia Talk

Post by Seerow »

Whoot, finally got it :D After four attempts at that. Thought it would take me longer honestly, I suck at these.

Keep at it Wisteria, best of luck!

Edit: Well, here's to hoping its not glitched, got a MSQL error.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I finally got it, I think. I already have the corset, so if I messed up, oh well.

Good luck to those still trying.
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

I got an answer this time. I don't care if it's the right answer, but after thirteen tries, I got an answer at all (and I did solve the whole puzzle to check if it was right. Otherwise, I would have submitted a wrong answer maaany tries ago :P ).

I AM HAPPY.
EofS

Post by EofS »

I'm amazed that a site who consider even the act of reposting the question 'cheating'* would run a trivia contest you can run through an automated solver. Although I suppose maybe they chose such a simple one to encourage people to at least try to do it by hand.

(Please note that I'm not trying to say "omg it's easy guys" because I know that's a really sucky thing to say. Obviously if you're not familiar with [puzzle type] then it's not going to be easy. But looking at it from a completely objective viewpoint it is simple example of the puzzle, since you can solve enough of it in only five squares. Maybe fewer, but that's the least I got it down to.)

Then again, I've never understood what on earth Neopets were doing adding a flash game you can solve with google. With them, again, being so anti-cheating (to the point of removing Poogle Solitaire because people were just googling the answer). So maybe it's some sort of infectious petsite owning temporary madness.

*I'm sure I can remember that being one of the things you're forbidden to do, but if it's not then please replace that with the next most draconian trivia restriction ;0)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

New trivia is up, with another old wearable as a prize--the enchanted apple thingy. I keep not-wearing mine because the shoes bug me. Heh. I'll try to get this one, although I'm horrible at those zoomed-in images.

And dudes, the reason I had to edit posts was because the last trivia was a sudoku puzzle, but the obvious text of the trivia didn't state that it was sudoku. If you viewed the image source (or saw it when it was first up and broken), you would have seen that it was named sudoku_1.jpg. But it wasn't readily apparent on the surface, so to be careful, I edited out any mention of sudoku on here. I hope no one minds. =}

(Amusingly, the code for the new trivia is also broken right now. Making the same mistake twice in a row is... impressive?)
Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Your answer anyu for the trivia was correct! Youve been given an Black Lacy Corset and 1000sP
Woo! I has a Black Lacy Corset! :D

Luckily I've never been an Enchanted Apple Fan because I hate the kind of question they're asking this time.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Ugh, I'm terrible at identifying zoomed-in images. I don't really understand how you CAN be good at it. That sucks, too, because I was gonna try to start doing trivias again--the last one reminded me that it's worthwhile to try. =)
Bif

Post by Bif »

Damn - I thought that I had the last trivia down but apparently not - anyone mind posting the right answer?
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

The answer for the last one was Anyu--I had it pinned down to Anyu or Mortiking pretty quickly, but I worked through the whole puzzle rather than going with my initial guess, which turned out to be a good thing. I converted the pictures to numbers to make it a traditional Sudoku puzzle, then converted them back once I was done...my only real worry was that I'd somehow mixed up the pictures/numbers along the way, but fortunately that didn't happen.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Answer

There's the answer (at least I think its all right. Got the correct answer at least!). I just cut and paste the little heads, cause I know if I had tried to do Boncrivain's method I would have messed up somewhere along the line :P

I've always liked the Apple just for the item art alone, never really been interested in the wearable part of it. But sadly I suck at hidden pictures so I very highly doubt I'm getting this.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

Yeah, I just redid the little chibi heads as differently coloured shapes (so that I could actually tell when I messed up, instead of the similarly-shaped chibis of which two are blue and two are brown). I actually got it, so I'm happy. x3 Stupid puzzle did *not* beat me after all.

... I am so bad at this kind of trivia. Glad I don't want the prize. xD;
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

I was right about the last trivia and the corset becoming worthless. Luckily I sold mine two days ago for a tidy eight million SP. The enchanted apple has been on my wishlist forever so hopefully I got this right. If not, I can probaly buy the apple at a deflated price :P
Not all who wander are lost.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I decided against entering the trivia, due to someone on the SB saying the answer while I was moderating it...while doing the trivia. And, I was down to two or three options as well.

:(
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I haven't found it yet but I'll wait until I get home from work to search some more. I just wish they'd stop re-releasing inflated trivia items that I own and start re-releasing ones that I missed instead.

Yes, it's only two and I'm just being grumpy.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I thought the Anyu was a Chai. lol

Didn't really want the lingerie anyway, so I don't mind that I got the species wrong.

I'm not even gonna attempt the new one.