Trivia Talk

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Re: Trivia Talk

Post by shaelyn76 »

Oh FFS!!! I got the last one with a good guess, but now they give us a blurry picture of an item and we are supposed to figure it out? there are what? 30,000 items on the site?? I don't have time for that kind of search. Good thing I don't drool over the prize...I want the book, but not for a several hour commitment pouring over every single tan colored item on Subeta.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

A lot of people on the actual subeta forums have been saying it's relatively easy to find. I haven't tried yet, but eh. I'm just glad we're getting new trivia on a regular basis.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I dunno, I'm a bit torn. I like trivias and it's nice to see more of them. On the other hand, these feel somewhat lazy (making a picture blurry is not difficult), and to have several of them in a row, sheesh. Mix it up.
Image Image
shaelyn76

Post by shaelyn76 »

I see your point Jessi...I am glad that Trivia is no longer being neglected, but the "what's the blurry picture" thing they have had going on leaves me less than thrilled
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I already spent about 2 hours searching for this one. No luck yet. The last ones were pretty easy for me.

Edit: Gotta love public bitching - I think I found it.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

New trivia: Goddammit don't use math if you don't know how to use notation.

I'm gonna assume they mean to just do it straight left-to-right, but maybe don't use division if you're not prepared to indicate what you're dividing using parentheses, for chrissakes.

(Maybe I'm just pissed because I work on math books every day. But the actual math teachers get this shit right even when they can't figure out "how does comma is work" or "where do put periods.")

Also, they got at least one word wrong--Subetan words are hard you guys, yo--and I have no idea where to find at least one number. So, I guess I give up out of frustration.
Image Image
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

I'm stumped on the new one. I think I found all the numbers (some required forum searching), but I must be doing something wrong because I keep getting a negative number. Does it have something to do with this "notation" thing Ty speaks of?

The prize is on my wishlist ):
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yes, it would definitely be useful if they specified whether we're supposed to go left to right or use the standard order of operations.

EDIT: Well, I went right to left and got a number. So I entered it. We'll see.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Ughhh I don't even want to bother with this trivia. It's a good thing the prize isn't something I'm that excited about. I like having more frequent trivia options, but all the ones lately have felt lazy, repetitive, or just unnecessarily annoying.
shaelyn76

Post by shaelyn76 »

okay I have found all the numbers except the cost in crystals for an oracle staff(how am I supposed to know that when there aren't any in the shop?) and the time it takes to train a level 237 pet...really, where am I supposed to find that info at? HQ provided how much it would cost for that, but not how long it would take. I'm on vacation this week, so technically I have the time to try and find this stuff...but I am thinking that I would much rather spend my time with my kids instead of poring over the forums looking for these nuggets of info. Good thing I already have the paint, although it is in my wardrobe and I need a second for a treasure.
On the bright side, while looking for the numbers I found that my someday battle pet has enough EXP to buy some stats if I so choose. I didn't realize that she had any EXP.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

The new trivia's wording is a little dubious. I have no expectation that my answer is right. =D Also I don't see why Kelsey the Kora has unmentioned money sitting in her shop till when the first sentence states she has "no other sP" apart from on-hand. Maybe she sold the leftover wizard tokens, but it didn't say so.
shaelyn76

Post by shaelyn76 »

I either am very clever and got this one right or I am an idiot who thinks they are clever and got it wrong...either way I am happy that it isn't a blurry picture or a super complex math equation that doesn't specify an order of operations.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Ugh, first prize I've wanted in ages and it's another blurry block picture. I stopped doing Neo's Mystery Pic ages ago and never wanted to play that game again. :P