Trivia Talk

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Re: Trivia Talk

Post by Joey »

I got it right, but mostly on a hunch more than anything. I honestly expected to be wrong no matter which answer I put. It's a stupid question, because it's equally both Shinwa and Merana's fault in my opinion.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I put Shinwa, too. :-( Back to the usual Subeta trivia drama, I guess. The crows weren't a WL item exactly but I was sort of hoping to replace the ones I sold a long time back.

I hope I got this one right as I like that shirt.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

mellaka wrote:Hrm now I feel dumb for getting it right. =P I guess my logic fails but I never considered myself an expert on spells and such. I thought if Merana never cast the spell then she wouldn't have been changed, so it was her own fault. Though I almost put Shinwa as well.
Never feel dumb for beating the system!

However, you can trace actions back over and over and it doesn't really mean anything. Say the stupid driver who nearly hit my car yesterday had hit me. The accident would have been their fault. Except that it never would have happened if I hadn't gotten in the car. And that never would have happened if I hadn't gotten hungry. And that never would have happened if I'd bought more groceries the last time I was at the store. So you see, the accident would have been half my fault. And y'know, maybe the grocery store's fault for not putting enough food on sale. ^_~

Obviously it's not quite the same thing as reflected spell damage--but I don't think you should trace blame back very far here either. It's a very simple cause-and-effect. Especially since Shinwa is a goddess--she could have done any number of things, really, and she chose to cast a spell that would cause Merana to transform.
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I looked too much into it, because I wrote Shinwa, because of the TAUNTING that caused Merana to attack her AND the reflection. She totally called the shots.

If Shinwa didn't banish her and talked about the stupid monster, I don't think Merana would have a vendetta against her.

diaf, Shinwa.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Can the more experienced players help me out? In the new trivia a name is asked. So do I enter the name as it is given on the page where you find the actual character, or the longer version of it as is given in the subetapedia. Or is it completely random and could the answer be either of those two?

(I hope this kind of question is correct and doesn't give too much away, if it does, feel free to delete it.)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

They started adding multiple possible answers, so if the trivia is "Bob the Underworlder," then "Bob" might be accepted as well. But there's no guarantee. Humans run it, after all. Just look through this thread for times when people with the correct answer got totally robbed.
Image Image
11th

Post by 11th »

Marah, I went with the name as it was in the Subetapedia, since it's also in the filename of the character.

... Then again, this is Subeta. :/ So who knows for sure? Good luck!
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Shoot. I didn't realize the character had a name. Probably missed that one. :-( At least I have the item already.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

okay...who the hell is Mattieu? I have almost all of the shopkeepers on AdBlock and I have no idea who this dude is. Needless to say, I did not answer the last trivia correctly.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

The All That Glitters guy. Otherwise known as the guy who runs the shop with idiotic prices--you're not running Subeautique, hon, I ain't paying that.
Image Image
shaelyn76

Post by shaelyn76 »

Ahhh...thanks Ty.Totally agree on the prices thing for that shop too. I like some of the items, but far too many of them are so tiny on the HAs that they are almost unnoticeable and yet they cost tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands...yeah, I'll pass.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I've spent so much money in All That Glitters that it's sad and depressing and makes me hate looking at my SP in my vault *kills Bombay's treasures* Stupid Bombay.

(at least I check to see if they're cheaper in user shops before I throw away too much SP... ;_;)

/off topic
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

By the way, this site has a list of all(?) the Subeta NPCs, taking the footwork out of searching for these trivia answers.
shaelyn76

Post by shaelyn76 »

Cyro...you are my new favorite person. That link, I have a feeling, is going to come in very handy over time.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Gah. I haven't been able to find the current trivia on that list... and the picture looks so familiar, I KNOW I've seen it somewhere...

I'll keep looking. At least I already have the feather from a previous trivia.