Trivia Talk

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: Trivia Talk

Post by Cranberry »

I did the same thing... thought it was past tense and put "danced." Bah.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Now that they're capable of adding multiple right answers to the trivia pool (like "seven" and "7"), they damn well should have added "danced." You got ripped off.
Image Image
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

since when does capitalization matter on trivia answers? I answered this last one as isaac and they said I got it wrong. I went to see what the correct answer was and it says "Jules, Isaac"....so how was i wrong again?

EDIT: apparently the Isaac answer was added as a possible correct answer only this morning and anybody who answered Isaac before that was added got it "wrong"...blurg. That's all I have to say on the matter. At least Keith said that he will be reusing the prize.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

That's... wtf, how... wtf. What a keen way to run things.

I'm worried about my current trivia answer now.
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I'm trying to figure out how come it matters when the answer "Issac" was added in the first place?
I always assumed that the script went through all the submitted answers once the trivia ended, but it seems like it judges the answers immediately upon submission.
I love the trivia and the prizes, but I think it needs a serious overhaul @@
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Subeta trivia wrote:Question Who caused Merana to look like her current form?
Answer(s) Merana
Subetapedia wrote:Merana, furious at her banishment and at the Goddess' words, attacked Shinwa with her strongest magic. Shinwa deflected it back onto her, and in that instant Merana was changed into her current serpentine form, her own magic used against her.
Subeta wrote:I'm sorry, but your answer of shinwa for the trivia was incorrect.
In other words, "DURR HURR SUBETA ARE SO CLEVERS!!"

In any game, if you cast a reflect spell and your opponent takes damage, it still counts as you killing them. You get the exp for it. I do like to use reflect damage skills and say, "Stop hitting yourself! Stop hitting yourself!" But that's just a joke. It really, truly is something I do. Therefore, Shinwa did it. If Shinwa had done nothing, nothing would have happened to Merana. Shinwa did something, something happened to Merana. Kind of a duh there.
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

My reasoning is that it wasn't just the spell that caused Merena to change, it was her wickedness in general. She casted a spell (that was reflected by Shinwa) but still cast the die herself.
To quote Keith from a thread. I almost put Merena but didn't, since Shinwa is the one that actively reflected the spell. Doesn't matter that Merena cast the spell. That's not how reflect works.

This was a rather stupid trivia. There are two answers depending on how you look at it, and neither is more correct.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
11th

Post by 11th »

Add me to the pile of people that answered Shinwa based on the Subetapedia article. Boo, I've been wanting those crows, too.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Merana cast a spell, but she didn't cast it on herself. She cast it on Shinwa. Shinwa's actions caused the loose magic to hit Merana instead, and that's a hell of a different beast.

If Shinwa had a reflect spell up, and Maleria cast a spell and it reflected off the shield at such an angle as to hit Merana, would you say that Maleria cast a spell on Merana?

If you say yes, I don't want to hear about it. Too much illogic on a day when I'm already hip-deep in it.
Image Image
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Shockingly enough, Keith wrote:she casted a spell
...well isn't that reassuring. I know I'm convinced.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I'm of two minds here. I'm almost convinced that Ty was right originally when she snarked, "DURR HURR SUBETA ARE SO CLEVERS!!".

But, on the other hand, the history the site has with trivia answers that fail when earth logic is applied makes me wonder if whoever wrote that trivia really has such a poor grasp of . . . logic? the English language? how spells/reflect works? that they think the trivia makes sense as written.

Given what Topher just quoted, the latter choice seems, perhaps, the more likely.

Of course this could all be some super-seekrit plot to get a few more of the crows into circulation - but not so many as to really piss off the people who just plonked out 25 million last week. Something I remember when the elephant dolls were reused - and something else caused problems that way too; I don't remember the item, just the drama.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

I got the answer right, but only because I copied and pasted the wrong name. I seriously thought I had screwed up!
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Hrm now I feel dumb for getting it right. =P I guess my logic fails but I never considered myself an expert on spells and such. I thought if Merana never cast the spell then she wouldn't have been changed, so it was her own fault. Though I almost put Shinwa as well.

Anyway, I hate trick questions and sorry to all those who got it wrong.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Wow, I got it wrong, too. That really cheeses me off.

If Shinwa did anything other than reflect it (dodged it, for instance), Merana wouldn't have been transformed. Shinwa's reflecting of the spell is what caused the spell to hit Merana. Therefore, it was Shinwa who did it.

...baaaaaah. That item was on my wishlist, too.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I put Shinwa, though I did pause just before I submitted it, because:
Kamil wrote:...the history the site has with trivia answers that fail when earth logic is applied...
Then I just figured, hell with it, and went with the obvious answer, especially seeing as I wasn't sure what to put if I blamed Merana; probably something like 'her' or 'herself' so I'd have got it wrong regardless. *Shrugs*