Trivia Talk

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Re: Trivia Talk

Post by Huggles »

I'm sorry, but your answer of daemon for the trivia was incorrect.
Answer(s): Daemon, daemon
I wut? Not that I particularly care, but I am curious.

Aha. Apparently it is glitched and not just snarky. The accompanying news post didn't have a picture, so I didn't read it.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Sucks, but at least they acknowledged it was an error on their end this time. I hope Keith can find a way to fix it, but based on when this has happened before, didn't they always tell us that it was impossible to go back?
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
klaatu99

Post by klaatu99 »

I'm sorry, but your answer of 12020917 for the trivia was incorrect.

Answer(s): 9759053
Ok, did anyone here get the right answer? If so, what was your math to come up with it? I came up with my answer by counting 172 items that Subeautique stocks thus: x + .45x = 3(42,357)(172) where x is Esmerelda's profit.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Feed Us Please!

KlaatuWolf on Subeta
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

The equation seems like it should be 3*42357*(number of items)*.55 = profit
According to what I could find on SHQ, there are 127 items currently stocking, not 172... but I positively cannot figure out how they got that answer. I've worked it backwards to check if my number of items is wrong, tried checking to see if they used .45 where it should have been .55, every possible combination... and nothing comes out to the answer they gave. Bizarre. Even with the equation you gave, I can't make anything out of it.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I got it wrong, but I knew I would. I just didn't care enough to count all the Subeautique items.

However, working backwards, I also have no idea at all how that answer exists. Working backwards, you get ~139.6 items in Subeautique. (Doing the math with 139 or 140 does not result in the answer.) It's possible that I'm messing up my math work--I did just wake up--but I tried it two different ways and got the same result both times, which lends credence to the idea that it's bad math.

It's also bad word choice. Esmeralda doesn't owe anyone anything out of her cut. Except perhaps the government, via taxes, but the whole point of the word "cut" is that it's what she takes home at the end of the day. Her cut is her percentage. The word the question was looking for was probably "gross." It's the difference between gross income and net income.

(I did consider the possibility that the use of the word "cut" is a deliberate trick, but the math doesn't work that way anyway, and the language still doesn't work. And I think klaatu's equation is probably based on the use of the word "cut"?)

I'd love to know how the answer was chosen.
Image Image
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I used the same equation as Foghawk and had counted 172 items. I'd definitely like to know the method for finding the correct answer, because I spent far too much time trying to (unsuccessfully, I suppose) figure out this trivia.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

*glares at current trivia*

I hope this one stays up a longish time too, because I haven't the foggiest what the answer might be, and I'm tired of looking for it. >.<

Public bitching ftw.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Hm. Did they ever explain the fucked up trivia about Subeautique items?
Image Image
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I am so very lost on this latest trivia and of course the prize is a wearable...at least it isn't a wearable that I'm drooling over.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Faun

Post by Faun »

how tne hell are we supposed to work this out?
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

So thanks to the last Trivia I finally got the Bottled Night for my wardrobe...Yay!!! The next one has me puzzled though.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

If you've been dying to get your hands on a Beautiful Elephant Ballerina Doll, I strongly suggest that you check out the newest trivia question.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

*eyes current trivia*

Fuckitall, but I'm stuck on this one. I've spent far longer than I care to admit searching for the answer, and while I've found a couple of possibilities, neither fits entirely - or even very well at all - and both require guessing as to the intent of the person who chose this trivia and its answer.

So I'm giving public bitching its due, because it's all I've got left. *whimper*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Yeah, I'm not entirely happy with the answer I submitted because it doesn't seem to "fulfill" the entire question, but it was the best I could find and I wasn't willing to spend more than an hour searching for it.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Ditto here. At least I'm not dying for the Elephant Doll (sold my first one for a very pretty penny.)