Subeta takes another step towards Gaia...

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Rakumel

Re: Subeta takes another step towards Gaia...

Post by Rakumel »

Nope, you're not the only one who thinks it's a bad idea. I honestly don't see how it could be a *good* idea. Like the user ratings system that was proposed some time ago, it's far too easy to abuse and the problems it creates will far outweigh any benefits.

I'm afraid that if these two things go into effect, the problems that the Subeta forums have now will just be exacerbated.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I also see this as a bad idea. I pretty much ignore the forums except on rare occations. I might later start posting there so I can get into the blue building (been lazy about trying to get that). This defently doesn't make me want to post on the forums. Why? Because you know people will be posting spam just to get the money. Really, I think that's the last thing needed. I don't really see the point in doing it. If you want more people to post at the forums, well, not sure what to suggest there. If people want to post on the forums they will and if they don't they won't. I see nothing wrong with that.

I also hope that Keith ignores that suggestion about uses picking if a user gets +1 or -1 sp. I just can't see how that's a good idea. Like said before. It will only benifit the "popular" people and make it where people can mass a group of people againest someone so they don't get any sp from posting.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I'm not fond of it, either. I'd rather have more quests, or more games, or more time-based chance freebies (I have to admit that the thing I missed most when I left Neopets was the Snowager), or, hell, getting sP for feeding your pets or playing with them. The forum system would promote spam and even more worthless topics than usual...
klaatu99

Post by klaatu99 »

Here's an idea. Let folks earn sP for posting in the purely social forums (B&C, welcome, and most all of the sub-boards for example), but keep it to no payout for posting on the informative boards (help, games, battle, etc.) Then the kiddies could spam to their little hearts content without bothering the folks who actually have something to ask, say or answer. And to take it a step further, perhaps even charge 1-5 sP for posting in those informative forums (this part I'm not so serious about).
ImageImageImageImageImage
Feed Us Please!

KlaatuWolf on Subeta
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

They couldn't pay me enough to post on the forums. I stopped the minute I reached the 100 posts I needed to get into the blue building. That said, don't like these paid to post or reputation system ideas.
Not all who wander are lost.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

I was on a forum with a reputation system once. It was horrible, people were always spamming with "REP ME PLZ!!!!1!" posts and of course all the popular people had tons of +1 no matter WHAT they posted, and if one of them decided they didn't like you they'd get all their friends to gang up on you and give you -1s for no reason. And that was on a forum where the rep didn't even really do anything; I shudder to think of how it'd turn out on a site where it actually affects something in the game...