Downtime 'Patience'...

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Bacon

Downtime 'Patience'...

Post by Bacon »

I love how Keith says we're being patient. I can't help but feel tired of downtime. I know Keith comes here and onto the Subeta forums and says "it won't be long", but I've been hearing that for a year in different text...

Patience is wearing thin...I mean, I really hate (yes, it's a strong word) that Keith won't put ads on the site. I'll take ads on the site. It beats a day of downtime a week. Using a cash shop as your only source of income won't work...it never works (unless your an online MMO)...I've seen it tried tens of times on many websites.

Now, a reputation system is 'in the works, a recode is 'in the works', and a new battle system is 'in the works'. When will something be finished for once...just wondering.

Also, many people complain that Neopets catered too much to new users. So does Subeta. The Blue Building has received little acknowledgment, nor have many of the site's NPCs, such as Cardale and such.

The site has also literally turned into a social site. I mean, what happened to the pets? Sure, we get new ones every week or so, but the focus is on the human avatars. I guess the battle system will change this a little, but that won't be coming soon.

I guess what I'm wondering is this: Why should we stay loyal to the site when it's changing so much that it can't be loyal to us?
Iggy

Re: Downtime 'Patience'...

Post by Iggy »

The site has ads on the forums, right now. O_o
The site has also literally turned into a social site. I mean, what happened to the pets?
Keith always said Subeta was a social networking site. It is not a recent change. It's been around for at least 18 months, now.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Speak for yourself.

I have stopped being loyal to the site. I get on to get freebies and to give people gifts, but my interest in making sP is nil. I still enjoy my pets and I'm happy to look at new pets, but beyond that I've stopped caring what Subeta does. It is fun to watch the drama, I'll admit, but I'm glad it no longer really affects me. If it bothers you that much, I suggest you do the same.

I'm not sure why you are posting this here. Your post sounds like rabblerousing to me, which is rather pointless. Subeta isn't a democracy, sure users have some say in what happens, but really... It is Keith's site and it is his to manage or mismanage as he chooses. It is one thing to start a discussion, but you write as if you are hoping to start a riot.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Iggy wrote:The site has ads on the forums, right now. O_o
I mean actual ads, nit bought ads from the cash shop that have horrible art that makes the forums look cheaper than they are...

As to why I posted this, I did so to see what others thought. I'd rather not like a fight, to be honest...
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

You wanted to start a topic like this, you had to expect people to debate with you. There's a big difference between debating and fighting.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

A debate? Everyone knows the sites falling...it's inevitable...
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

You say you wanted to see what others thought, but apparently you can read minds. Huh. Interesting.
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

The site did actually have real ads for awhile. They were replaced by the user made ads just today (though official ads may have been gone for a day or two, I had them blocked so I don't know for sure).

I don't think the site is falling. Sure it's going through a rough patch right now, but I think the site can get through it personally. Subeta has gone through a lot of hard times in the past, this one isn't much different. In fact, I think things are starting to make a turn for the better finally. With the firing of Ender, the site has made strides forward in the past week(s). Plenty of new features have been released and some old bugs have been fixed.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

Bacon wrote:A debate? Everyone knows the sites falling...it's inevitable...
Everyone? I wouldn't be so quick to generalize. While the site's been going through growing pains for an awfully long time, I still have faith in it; otherwise, I wouldn't work for it.

I don't think the user-made ads "cheapen" the forums any more than the neopets cheat ads or penis ads did...
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Okay...who was Ender? I dunno much about him...who was he?
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

...Wow, where have you been? You're making all these assumptions about the site failing, and you didn't even realize that the main programmer on the site (and the business manager) were recently fired?
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

I knew he was fired, I just don't know what he did that was so bad...I mean, I'm sure he was bad...
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

The overall point is, it's very presumptuous of you to make a post about how 'everyone' knows the site is failing when you have nothing to back that up - and you don't have any knowledge over any recent events to the site. Tiel is right; if you're that disappointed with Subeta, there's thousands of other websites for you to play on.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

yes, but i love to rant, and subeta gives me a chance to...Thats why i stick with it! Also, when the site is up, its fun...
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

So you're just ranting for the 'fun' of it? You asked in the first post - "Why should we stay loyal to the site?" It's rather hypocritical of you to come here and ask things like that, as well as "Everyone knows its going downhill!" and then end it with "Well the site is fun." If you're going to 'rant', at least have something real to rant about, instead of just picking a topic out of thin air.